- bracketing mode to control the +-EF levels in HDR shots
- 'next shot only' as option for HDR
....as an additional checkbox in 'High Dynamic Range Image Capture' menu
....as an additional option in the 'info' menu icon
...etc?
04-08-2011, 02:19 AM   #243
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
I havent kept myself up to date on all the K-5 quirks, but mine doesnt rotate the pictures in play mode. Only in instant preview mode....

Does everyone has this? No biggie for me, but i hope they fix it....
Yep, they should fix this. For portrait pictures, the vertical orientation allows a better view of the image, helps to judge it.
04-08-2011, 04:51 AM   #244
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by theking2 Quote
Save User settings default set selection on current selected user setting
Doesn't this happen already for you? After switching the power on again the USER mode returns to the last selected preset setting for me.

04-08-2011, 07:29 AM   #245

Get some of those old ist DS logic back! Especially 'delete all' function in the playback menu (in DS you need only to twice press DELETE button to ask it to delete all the files on the card)

Not an issue in a field use but very handy when doing test-shooting.

Also I do hope that Pentax will release a new low-latency shooting mode when shutter lag is decreased. From my measurements posted here in another thread it's clearly seen that mechanically K-5 is a pretty fast camera, but it appears to idle too much after you press the shutter release button and in-between mirror up/aperture set and shutter going toggling.

I've already met some folks who say that they do notice and feel this lag. I also assume that there will probably be some pay off with this mode - e.g. increased shutter knock sound level.

Zig

Last edited by Siegfried; 04-08-2011 at 07:42 AM.
04-08-2011, 07:44 AM   #246
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
- live-view focus peeking!!!!: in live view MF, in focus areas are highlighted. (only reason I have canon envy)
- DoF/fstop bracketing
- shutter speed bracketing
- Calibrate electronic level
- Update in-viewfinder meter when changing ISO.

Last edited by Eruditass; 04-19-2011 at 05:44 PM.
04-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #247
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Not sure if I missed something in settings, but here are a few things that came-up recently.

• Ability to bypass sensor NR
  • Thumb wheel zooming in LV.
  • Ability to stop-down when zoomed, in LV.
  • Release LV when writing buffer(as with OVF)
  • Highlight priority(Meter to protect highlight blowouts at all costs).
  • Oh! and the ability to bypass sensor NR would be nice! :_)

04-09-2011, 04:17 PM   #248
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Not sure if I missed something in settings, but here are a few things that came-up recently.

• Ability to stop-down when zoomed, in LV.
Does optical preview do this?
04-12-2011, 10:42 AM   #249

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Doesn't this happen already for you? After switching the power on again the USER mode returns to the last selected preset setting for me.
I expressed myself unclear. Ler's make an example. Of the 6 available user settings I use two one I named BW for quick black and white access. When I make a change to this and I like to save it I get prompted with USER1 - USER6 were always USER1 is selected and I never know under which I saved the one I've just changed. So it would be nice to have the save user settings to jump to the USER setting I'm just changing. Alternatively it could list the names I provided instead of USER1, USER2, etc.

Hope this makes it clear
04-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #250
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
Yep, they should fix this. For portrait pictures, the vertical orientation allows a better view of the image, helps to judge it.
why not just turn the auto rotation off. Then your portrait mode photos will display full screen on the monitor
04-30-2011, 04:49 AM   #251
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

One that may have already been mentioned:
Give us the option to use the in-camera LED AF-assist lamp as opposed to an external flash's spotbeam AF-assist!
I want to use the flash, but not its AF-assist!
05-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #252

QuoteOriginally posted by Siegfried Quote
Get some of those old ist DS logic back! Especially 'delete all' function in the playback menu (in DS you need only to twice press DELETE button to ask it to delete all the files on the card)

Not an issue in a field use but very handy when doing test-shooting.

Also I do hope that Pentax will release a new low-latency shooting mode when shutter lag is decreased. From my measurements posted here in another thread it's clearly seen that mechanically K-5 is a pretty fast camera, but it appears to idle too much after you press the shutter release button and in-between mirror up/aperture set and shutter going toggling.

I've already met some folks who say that they do notice and feel this lag. I also assume that there will probably be some pay off with this mode - e.g. increased shutter knock sound level.

Zig

Damn...dude nice analysis...I'm a Navy Sonar Tech, and I am impressed.
05-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #253

Donkeypunch,

my pleasure, dude!

If paralleling with your scope mentioned years ago I used to be ... I have some technical background and sometimes I can't help it and it shows up

Thanks,
Zig

Last edited by Siegfried; 05-04-2011 at 12:37 PM.
05-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #254

Improved Interval shooting settings wanted

I immediately ran into this problem while shooting meteor trails. I was puzzled, because it seemed the use of the interval setting is fairly weird.
I wanted to shoot 10-second exposures separated by the shortest time possible.

First, the shortest time possible between shots is 1 second. This is too long.

Now try this test. Set an exposure time of 1 second, then in the interval menu set:

Number of shots: 4
Interval between shots: 1s

Then shoot. How many shots do you get? You get 2. Not 4.
Their software only will give you 4 shots when your exposure is short enough to allow 1 second cycle time between shots. If the exposure is long, then the "number of shots" becomes invalid.

Now set an exposure of 30 seconds. In the menu set:
Interval between shots: 1s

How many shots do you get? Only one. After doing its one shot, the message "interval shooting complete" appears. Multiply the interval by the number of shots - after that time has passed, your interval shooting is over. Whether or not you have shot all the shots. At least you always get one shot.

To get my 4 exposures of 30 seconds each, I have to set:

Interval between shots: 31s

Now it works. This is fairly unintuitive. Not only that, now suppose I want to change my exposure to 25 seconds. Doing that causes my interval settings to be wrong if I want the same 1 second between shots - I must now change them to:

Interval between shots: 26s

This is fairly frustrating for the amateur astrophotographer or other night sky photographer.

So to summarize, I'd like to see:
1. Zero seconds between shots option ("as fast as possible")
2. A mode which distinguishes shutter actuation interval from exposure interval. If I want an exposure interval of 1 second, that means from the time the shutter closed not from the last time it opened. If I want shutter actuation interval, that would be similar to the mode as currently programmed.
3. Total shots can be set to 9999. (Yes I know the battery would never last that long.)
4. A clear countdown showing "shots to go" or "shots done" on the LCD or display which updates as the shots play out.
5. Ability to pause the sequence at any point, then resume. Preferably with the
remote. (correct me if this ability exists already).
06-22-2011, 09:55 PM   #255
Forum Member

It's an old thread, but now that many of you have used the camera for a longer time maybe you have a different wish-list? Mine would include: A RAW Button option that would quickly toggle into and out of User Mode 1.