Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You unfortunately got a dud camera... get it exchanged.

11-07-2010, 09:08 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I had to return lenses to prodigital2000, and there was absolutely no problem. If what you ask is an exchange (rather than a return), they'll refund your shipping cost too.

My advice is to contact them asap. I wouldn't say that I didn't drop the camera--just tell them the LCD suddenly started to act up and that you googled and identified the problem, which is one that happened to other types of Pentax cameras. I'm pretty sure they'll exchange your camera without questions. First of all, don't feel down. I've been there, but believe me, there's no reason to be upset as long as you haven't gone beyond the return/exchange interval.

(Email seems to work better than phone with prodigital.)
11-07-2010, 09:11 PM   #18

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by telfish Quote
Tough to get a faulty camera, they are rare but stuff happens. Good to see this has not put you off. It's a great camera and I am sure you will have many years of pleasure taking pictures and video.

Oh trust me.. I will always stay with pentax... even if this happens again.. I had a customer return a Nikon D5000... I told him to ebay Pentax K20D.. I remember him telling me "Pentax? Are they even good? I never seen any of them at bestbuy before." I told him "Trust me.." Month later he comes back to Geek Squad.. Not for a repair but to thank me that I got him invloved with a Pentax K20D.
11-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I wouldn't bother trying to debug it, I'd just go get another one.
I realize the peril of dealing mail order, this is the price you pay.
Call them and have them ship you a new one. When it arrives, ship the broken one back in the packaging ProDigital sends out.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said.

11-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've dealt with Prodigital quite a bit and they have been great, although I've never sent anything back. I would send them an email via ebay so it's on record then give them a call and do as Wheatfield mentioned. I would be surprised if there is a hassle (other than having to wait for a good copy of a K-5).
11-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Install screen protector, then have screen problems seems a bit suss to me.
Are you saying that before you installed the screen protector there were no issues?
11-07-2010, 11:15 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I purchased a 77 ltd from Prodigital that was defective and sent it back and it was promptly replaced. Don't worry, I believe they will honor their commitment. You also have ebay behind you.

Really disappointing though. I got my k5 4 days ago and I can hardly put it down.

11-08-2010, 12:25 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ozlizard Quote
Are you saying that before you installed the screen protector there were no issues?
Not me. I'm not the OP, nor do I have a K-5 (yet).
I raised the issue of the screen protector because it seemed like there may have been a connection between the OP fitting the screen protector and, shortly afterwards, having screen problems.

Maybe putting it on required applying some pressure or something to the LCD screen, which damaged it. I also got worried when I saw on the website of the screen protector maker that they recommend using a hair dryer (!) to heat up and soften the adhesive of the screen protector when removing it, if necessary. That could also end badly.
11-08-2010, 12:29 AM   #24

Not me. I'm not the OP, nor do I have a K-5 (yet).
I raised the issue of the screen protector because it seemed like there may have been a connection between the OP fitting the screen protector and, shortly afterwards, having screen problems.

Maybe putting it on required applying some pressure or something to the LCD screen, which damaged it. I also got worried when I saw on the website of the screen protector maker that they recommend using a hair dryer (!) to heat up and soften the adhesive of the screen protector when removing it, if necessary. That could also end badly.
i agree! i thought it would be the pressure too. my samsung gx20 was fine after shooting with the boyfriend and putting the cams down in the same room safely. let's hope he gets the refund/exchange or i will have to deal with his crankiness~ he just loves that cam! hopefully not more than me~~ :ugh:

i will like to personally thank everyone in here that replied to this thread!
11-08-2010, 02:29 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Not me. I'm not the OP
Sorry rawr, got confused there or had a seniors moment! However the question still applies to the OP, I would interested to know.