Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
Forum Member

K-5 on sale at B&H for $1,485

I just added the camera to the cart . They are currently not taking orders till saturday so I will place the full order on sunday!

Pentax K-5 Digital SLR Camera Body (Black) 14748 B&H Photo Video

11-12-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Shhh!!! With talk like this they'll be out of stock by the time I get there Sunday afternoon!
11-12-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That sounds like some horse pucky... I just paid 1600.00 from them last Sat.. and they drop the price this Sat.
11-12-2010, 09:18 PM   #4
m8o
Veteran Member

Come on now. You know it's only going to continue to go down. ...

11-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #5

I noticed that they were out of stock of the body only option, then they raised the price of the kit lens option by about a hundred bucks and now dropped it forty bucks. Now the body only option is back at a lesser price. It makes me wonder if they never sold out of it in the first place and just to make people think they were selling, they said it was sold out to get people to buy the kit option for more money. Me thinks there is something fishy going on at B and H. Ha Ha.
11-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #6
m8o
Veteran Member

Conspiracy theory much? So what's your explanation for Pentax USA's site being out-of-stock?

Sorry, no, can't get behind that. It's about making money. B&H is not going to say no to your cash if you're willing to pay list! (the price they were showing while out-of-stock.)

I suspect it more like Abe's of Main over the river in NJ was already selling it for the price (stated in another thread) and B&H dropped to match it. I suspect the prices to be in great flux the next couple of months going into the Holiday season.
11-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
Conspiracy theory much? So what's your explanation for Pentax USA's site being out-of-stock?

Sorry, no, can't get behind that. It's about making money. B&H is not going to say no to your cash if you're willing to pay list! (the price they were showing while out-of-stock.)

I suspect it more like Abe's of Main over the river in NJ was already selling it for the price (stated in another thread) and B&H dropped to match it. I suspect the prices to be in great flux the next couple of months going into the Holiday season.
Yeah, I'm probably wrong, but I was a little bored while waiting for the price drop and I'm watching this Mel Gibson movie about a crazy guy that sees silent choppers and keeps compulsively buying "Catcher in the Rye" books.

11-12-2010, 10:53 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Longliner Quote
I noticed that they were out of stock of the body only option, then they raised the price of the kit lens option by about a hundred bucks and now dropped it forty bucks. Now the body only option is back at a lesser price. It makes me wonder if they never sold out of it in the first place and just to make people think they were selling, they said it was sold out to get people to buy the kit option for more money. Me thinks there is something fishy going on at B and H. Ha Ha.
They were out of the body-only package, but you're right, it seems that once it sold out, they reverted the kit back to its original price. Now, the body has fallen by $120 and the kit by $40; previously, the body didn't see a discount, while the kit saw an $140 discount. No idea what the reasoning behind such drops could be, but it does show that the markup is significant.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #9
Veteran Member

No payments or interest for 6 months, free delivery and in stock. This is killing me...
11-14-2010, 11:01 AM   #10
Veteran Member

The question is how long (or down to what price) one can resist...
11-15-2010, 08:48 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
No payments or interest for 6 months, free delivery and in stock. This is killing me...
Well, I guess it doesn't matter any more since they are no longer in stock.
11-15-2010, 09:08 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Yup, that's what sealed the deal for me. I know this will come down in price, and I know I'll be annoyed, but the fact that I'll have it in hand now (well, tomorrow or Wednesday) and don't have to pay a dime for 6 months, won me over. B&H has been selling out of their stock of the K-5 pretty quickly.
11-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #13

Photos: Gallery
I purchased one as soon as it was back in stock last Friday for $1599. Next thing I know the price went down to $1485. Fortunately, B&H kindly refunded me the drop when I contacted them about it.
BTW, I got it with the current Epson's $450 rebate, so the actual price of my K-5 was $1235. I feel like I stole it now....
11-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by shnikus Quote
I purchased one as soon as it was back in stock last Friday for $1599. Next thing I know the price went down to $1485. Fortunately, B&H kindly refunded me the drop when I contacted them about it.
BTW, I got it with the current Epson's $450 rebate, so the actual price of my K-5 was $1235. I feel like I stole it now....
If K-7 price is any indication, Pentax will be offering some rebates around thanksgiving, or so I hope.
11-15-2010, 01:27 PM   #15
Veteran Member

They wouldn't refund me the difference since it was a week later.
Even after I called them before I made the purchase to see if there was a rebate or price drop comming soon. Of course they said there wasn't going to be a price drop anytime soon as far as he knew.

Last edited by Fl_Gulfer; 11-15-2010 at 08:51 PM.