Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 53
K-5 on sale at B&H for $1,485

I just added the camera to the cart . They are currently not taking orders till saturday so I will place the full order on sunday!

Pentax K-5 Digital SLR Camera Body (Black) 14748 B&H Photo Video


11-12-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
m8o
Veteran Member
m8o's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 40-55'-44" N / 73-24'-07" W [on LI]
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,102
Shhh!!! With talk like this they'll be out of stock by the time I get there Sunday afternoon!
11-12-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Fl_Gulfer's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida Gulf
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,033
That sounds like some horse pucky... I just paid 1600.00 from them last Sat.. and they drop the price this Sat.
11-12-2010, 09:18 PM   #4
m8o
Veteran Member
m8o's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 40-55'-44" N / 73-24'-07" W [on LI]
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,102
Come on now. You know it's only going to continue to go down. ...

11-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #5
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6
I noticed that they were out of stock of the body only option, then they raised the price of the kit lens option by about a hundred bucks and now dropped it forty bucks. Now the body only option is back at a lesser price. It makes me wonder if they never sold out of it in the first place and just to make people think they were selling, they said it was sold out to get people to buy the kit option for more money. Me thinks there is something fishy going on at B and H. Ha Ha.
11-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #6
m8o
Veteran Member
m8o's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 40-55'-44" N / 73-24'-07" W [on LI]
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,102
Conspiracy theory much? So what's your explanation for Pentax USA's site being out-of-stock?

Sorry, no, can't get behind that. It's about making money. B&H is not going to say no to your cash if you're willing to pay list! (the price they were showing while out-of-stock.)

I suspect it more like Abe's of Main over the river in NJ was already selling it for the price (stated in another thread) and B&H dropped to match it. I suspect the prices to be in great flux the next couple of months going into the Holiday season.
11-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #7
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6
QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
Conspiracy theory much? So what's your explanation for Pentax USA's site being out-of-stock?

Sorry, no, can't get behind that. It's about making money. B&H is not going to say no to your cash if you're willing to pay list! (the price they were showing while out-of-stock.)

I suspect it more like Abe's of Main over the river in NJ was already selling it for the price (stated in another thread) and B&H dropped to match it. I suspect the prices to be in great flux the next couple of months going into the Holiday season.
Yeah, I'm probably wrong, but I was a little bored while waiting for the price drop and I'm watching this Mel Gibson movie about a crazy guy that sees silent choppers and keeps compulsively buying "Catcher in the Rye" books.
11-12-2010, 10:53 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 40,993
QuoteOriginally posted by Longliner Quote
I noticed that they were out of stock of the body only option, then they raised the price of the kit lens option by about a hundred bucks and now dropped it forty bucks. Now the body only option is back at a lesser price. It makes me wonder if they never sold out of it in the first place and just to make people think they were selling, they said it was sold out to get people to buy the kit option for more money. Me thinks there is something fishy going on at B and H. Ha Ha.
They were out of the body-only package, but you're right, it seems that once it sold out, they reverted the kit back to its original price. Now, the body has fallen by $120 and the kit by $40; previously, the body didn't see a discount, while the kit saw an $140 discount. No idea what the reasoning behind such drops could be, but it does show that the markup is significant.


Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Tom S.'s Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: S.E. Michigan
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,238
No payments or interest for 6 months, free delivery and in stock. This is killing me...
11-14-2010, 11:01 AM   #10
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Photos: Albums
Posts: 260
The question is how long (or down to what price) one can resist...
11-15-2010, 08:48 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Tom S.'s Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: S.E. Michigan
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,238
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
No payments or interest for 6 months, free delivery and in stock. This is killing me...
Well, I guess it doesn't matter any more since they are no longer in stock.
11-15-2010, 09:08 AM   #12
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 337
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
No payments or interest for 6 months, free delivery and in stock. This is killing me...
Yup, that's what sealed the deal for me. I know this will come down in price, and I know I'll be annoyed, but the fact that I'll have it in hand now (well, tomorrow or Wednesday) and don't have to pay a dime for 6 months, won me over. B&H has been selling out of their stock of the K-5 pretty quickly.
11-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #13
Junior Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 32
I purchased one as soon as it was back in stock last Friday for $1599. Next thing I know the price went down to $1485. Fortunately, B&H kindly refunded me the drop when I contacted them about it.
BTW, I got it with the current Epson's $450 rebate, so the actual price of my K-5 was $1235. I feel like I stole it now....
11-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #14
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2009
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 243
QuoteOriginally posted by shnikus Quote
I purchased one as soon as it was back in stock last Friday for $1599. Next thing I know the price went down to $1485. Fortunately, B&H kindly refunded me the drop when I contacted them about it.
BTW, I got it with the current Epson's $450 rebate, so the actual price of my K-5 was $1235. I feel like I stole it now....
If K-7 price is any indication, Pentax will be offering some rebates around thanksgiving, or so I hope.
11-15-2010, 01:27 PM   #15
Veteran Member
Fl_Gulfer's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida Gulf
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,033
They wouldn't refund me the difference since it was a week later.
Even after I called them before I made the purchase to see if there was a rebate or price drop comming soon. Of course they said there wasn't going to be a price drop anytime soon as far as he knew.

Last edited by Fl_Gulfer; 11-15-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, pentax k-5
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: $485 K20D, Extras incl, batteries, remote etc. Complete w/ orig parts (Worldwi Peter Zack Sold Items 15 08-17-2010 04:36 PM
For Sale - Sold: Big Pentax Sale! FA 77mm, FA 35mm, DA 12-24mm & Metz 48 superfuzzy Sold Items 14 02-01-2010 06:42 AM
For Sale - Sold: FOR SALE: 135mm f/2.8 Lenses (JCPenny & Kalimar Branded) inneyeseakay Sold Items 0 04-12-2007 02:38 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:27 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top