Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2010, 01:02 AM   #1

I love my K-5

For a long time I just didn't care about taking pictures anymore.

Now that I bought a K-5, I am rediscovering the joy. The camera is so good to handle, works so well and delivers such beautiful results.

11-14-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
congrats! seems everyone who gets a k5 are experiencing a "rediscovery of photography." That is quite a testament - that type of feeling is pretty rare and quite special.
11-14-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 65535 Quote
For a long time I just didn't care about taking pictures anymore.

Now that I bought a K-5, I am rediscovering the joy. The camera is so good to handle, works so well and delivers such beautiful results.
Wow, now that's something! I didn't feel as much as many suggested when upgraded from K10D to K-7. This could be different though, as I still prefer a few things in K10D...
11-19-2010, 08:41 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I love mine too

I have had my K5 for almost two weeks and still haven't had a good chance to use it, and to top it off I got a da35 2.4. they are a great combo. love them both. The cat is with the FA50 1.4 the other two are with the da35 2.4 wide open.

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo   
11-19-2010, 09:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I hate ALL of you K-5 owners!
11-19-2010, 11:23 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Raybo Quote
I hate ALL of you K-5 owners!
I agree. Ill be opting for the k-5 successor with a high ISO of 209,600...11 fps...even higher dr...and uses 1 AA battery because it obtains most of its power from being awesome as well as solar power.
11-26-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
Forum Member

It's funny how, that Canikon Cameras Especially Canon, I always thought took really good pictures, NOT ANYMORE, Pentax is Top Dog now

11-26-2010, 01:23 PM   #8

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax Lover Quote
It's funny how, that Canikon Cameras Especially Canon, I always thought took really good pictures, NOT ANYMORE, Pentax is Top Dog now
.... and crickets befell the thread. You really felt this way? Can you explain more? Why did you not switch platforms if you felt other cameras took better pictures?

I don't mean to pick on you specifically, Its just that I knew when Pentax finally released a clear class leading camera, that well intentioned people would start weighing in that anything Pentax did up to that point wasn't worthwhile or good enough relative to other mfrs. Even the borderline fanboy-esque official review here cuts into the K-7 at the beginning of the article as if it was a piece of baloney.

Hopefully K-5 owners won't join the 'canikon club' and leave the rest of us behind, just yet.
11-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
i have a k-5. go away, peasants. moderator, can we please have some order here. no posters who can't prove ownership of a k-5 in the k-5 forum. yes, that makes sense. :P

the k-5 is definetly cool, but imho the k20 was too (still love mine), the k-7 as well (okay, the sensor didn't rock the boat, it had only done so when the k20d came. when i first held my k-5 i suddenly wasn't sure anymore about deciding to skip the k-7 ). and the k10d. oh, and k-x. ahem.. it seems to me this is just another pentax camera, this is their business, it's what they do. just shoot it and enjoy.

i also disliked the mention in the review to the effect that the k-7 (sensor/high iso) was sub-par, as if it was a known fact. the tests and the people that use it both confirm that it was up with the best in aps-c when it came out, it's sad to see such "easy" statements just in the rush of praising something that's new. as i already said in another thread: give me your k-7, i'll be good to it, i know it's not worthy of your love any more, old and obsoleted and inadequate, but i'm modest like that, i don't mind, i'll take pictures with it anyway, and enjoy doing so.
11-28-2010, 09:22 AM   #10
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by writeb Quote
.... and crickets befell the thread. You really felt this way? Can you explain more? Why did you not switch platforms if you felt other cameras took better pictures?

I don't mean to pick on you specifically, Its just that I knew when Pentax finally released a clear class leading camera, that well intentioned people would start weighing in that anything Pentax did up to that point wasn't worthwhile or good enough relative to other mfrs. Even the borderline fanboy-esque official review here cuts into the K-7 at the beginning of the article as if it was a piece of baloney.

Hopefully K-5 owners won't join the 'canikon club' and leave the rest of us behind, just yet.
Just so everyone knows, I AM NOT a fanboy of any particular system, NOR will i ever be tied to any one System, and if I did it could be Pentax that I may tie myself too
11-28-2010, 09:54 AM   #11
Forum Member

Oh, and I will add if I were a fanboy of any System, it would aimed at Pentax, whose Efforts at keeping up with the other Systems, and EVEN surpassing them all with the K-5 is dog-gone impressive enough that I WILL get me a K-5 within the next 6 Months

I am not out to cause any kind of stir up, as I love Pentax just as much as anybody else on this Forum, and I WILL PROVE IT! I started with a Pentax as my first DSLR withe the istDL So if I were a Fanboy, it would be Pentax, End of Discussion!
11-28-2010, 11:59 AM   #12
Veteran Member

WTF off topic much!? Back on topic: more k5 love here; definitely making me enjoy photography again.
11-28-2010, 12:22 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree, Belana, the K5/DA35mmltd combination is just awesome together. I have hardly had that lens off the camera in the two weeks have had the K5.
Sample shots, with three different lens, including an old MF lens.

!. K5/DA35mmltd

2. K5/DA*300mm

3. K5/K80-200 4.5 MF lens: (shot at 200mm)

11-28-2010, 12:44 PM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax Lover Quote
They still do.
11-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #15

oh, and to go back on-topic, I also love my K-5