Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2010, 03:52 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dpreview drank their Martini!

The Canon shots are not really comparable to the D7000 and the K-5 shots, because in the meantime, they drank the Martini! Just have a look at the bottle lid! And they even refilled it with something which is less dark.

11-16-2010, 04:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
The Canon shots are not really comparable to the D7000 and the K-5 shots, because in the meantime, they drank the Martini! Just have a look at the bottle lid! And they even refilled it with something which is less dark.
Well spotted.
(it's actually been replenished to above the base of the neck-ring label)

Now was it the K-5 or the D7000 that opened the bottle? Both had been sipping while all Canons remain tea-totallers...

So are those 60D shots "old", maybe simulated rejigs for flattery purpose?

Yawn, who cares... with so much 'artistic license' taken by pseudo & wannabe-photogs who are really just glorified gfx software jockeys, 99% of pix on the 'net are only bullshit to me anyway.

Absolute untouched bit perfect out-of-camera (*) archive-packaged and posted is all that has cred.

(* insert: and MD5 hashed under the auspices of min 6 security guards armed with loaded AK-47s)

.R.

Last edited by Hypocorism; 11-16-2010 at 05:50 AM.
11-16-2010, 07:09 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Yup, i noticed that too
Did not bother to mention it here on the forum but now you did ..
11-16-2010, 09:52 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Not certain, but I think I read that the reaso for this is that DPR moved their testing "studio" from the UK to the USA, and couldn't ship full bottles of booze without lots of extra paperwork. At least they're using the same bottles and labels, which keeps the printing/ lot differences to a minimum...

And before you wonder why they'd move the studio, DPR is owned by Amazon (Seattle), and the US branches of the major camera companies probably get more new equipment to circulate for testing and reviews... I guess because the US market is so much larger than the UK. I know the Canadian Pentax guys grumble about the number of "testers" they get compared to the US.

Last edited by panoguy; 11-16-2010 at 09:58 AM.
11-18-2010, 04:33 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Not certain, but I think I read that the reaso for this is that DPR moved their testing "studio" from the UK to the USA, and couldn't ship full bottles of booze without lots of extra paperwork.
Ah, good point. I guess they had a reason to party, too, then