Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Well, I did it.

After 10000+ exposures and about two and a half years, I finally upgraded! Just ordered a K-5 to replace my K100D Super. I can't imagine how much of a leap in performance and quality this is going to be

I'm so excited. Can't wait to be able to use ISO 1600 and up without thinking twice, to be able to pull detail from shadows, to have decently fast AF, to not have to wait seconds for RAW files to be written, to not have to be annoyed by image browsing being slower than a 2008 point-and-shoot, to enjoy white balance that doesn't freak out in artificial light, to be able to adjust AF by lens so my FA50/1.7 will finally focus right, to be able to crop plenty and still end up with a printable image, to have an AF help light, to record HD video, to... well, there's probably not a single thing on my previous camera that hasn't been improved

THIS camera is the truly worthy upgrade I have been waiting for. There's nothing else on the marketplace I would prefer, so I'm getting my dream camera here. Thanks to Pentax for making sense.

(Probably keeping the K100D Super and putting an M42 adapter in there so I can screw around with screwmounts on that camera)

11-16-2010, 08:10 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Congrats. You are going to love the K-5.
11-16-2010, 09:39 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm sure you will like the quieter shutter/mirror, among other things.
11-16-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Boy its going to be a big jump.

for starters its a class above body wise + how many generations?

I was going to post DXO comparison but the k100d is too old!