Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2010, 09:19 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff Charles Quote
Thanks. How about being able to review while the buffer is clearing?
Sorry, I was probably editing my last post with the answer to that while you were writing.

The answer is no, you can't go into playback mode until the buffer is cleared. However, the instant review of the last photo you took will still pop up after a few seconds.

QuoteQuote:
Did the firmware update make it possible to switch between 14 bit and 12?
I can't find any toggle for 14/12 bit, so I assume no.

11-17-2010, 09:30 PM   #17

Thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by Cannikin Quote
Yes, if you hit the playback button, it will display the hourglass symbol until all photos are done processing.
Wow. That's pretty bad, and it should not be necessary. My D90 starts displaying images at about 1 second intervals immediately after the burst ends.

Jeff
11-17-2010, 09:40 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Wow. That's pretty bad, and it should not be necessary. My D90 starts displaying images at about 1 second intervals immediately after the burst ends.

Jeff
Give it a rest, life isn't about how fast you can go from photographer to apeman.
11-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #19

Thanks

The answer is no, you can't go into playback mode until the buffer is cleared. However, the instant review of the last photo you took will still pop up after a few seconds.
Thanks. It's not a deal breaker, but it is a little bit disappointing.
I can't find any toggle for 14/12 bit, so I assume no.
I was thinking that they might use that approach to increase the number of shots per burst, but it looks like I was wrong. I'd like to see a 12 bit mode to reduce file sizes, especially at high ISOs when, as I understand it, the extra 2 bits don't help.

Jeff

11-17-2010, 10:05 PM   #20

Nothing wrong with chimping :)

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Give it a rest, life isn't about how fast you can go from photographer to apeman.
Sometimes I like to do a quick review to see if I got the shot. I have seen many professionals do the same. The LCD is there for that purpose. Thirty seconds can be a long time in some situations.

Jeff
11-17-2010, 10:55 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Sometimes I like to do a quick review to see if I got the shot. I have seen many professionals do the same. The LCD is there for that purpose. Thirty seconds can be a long time in some situations.

Jeff
If you've missed the shot, you've missed the shot. How is playing apeman going to get it back?
The LCD is there for many purposes, only one of which is to review pictures.
I've seen many professionals miss shots because they were looking at the screen rather than paying attention to their job.
11-17-2010, 10:59 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Was the flash issue addressed at all or any mention of it?

I am at work and cannot download at the moment

Last edited by nulla; 11-17-2010 at 11:15 PM.
11-18-2010, 07:03 AM   #23

Photos: Gallery
Awesome! Can't wait to update the firmware when I get home.

11-18-2010, 08:32 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Can someone test the continuous LOW now. I'd like to know how many RAW shots you can get with that now (also if it's still 1.6fps).
11-18-2010, 09:17 AM   #25
Veteran Member

does the issue with different exposure when using liveview and viewfinder is addressed? can anyone check, whether, it still exposes differently when using liveview?
11-18-2010, 09:48 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by macTak Quote
Can someone test the continuous LOW now. I'd like to know how many RAW shots you can get with that now (also if it's still 1.6fps).
It's still 1.6,which I really don't get. It's so uselessly slow. The only thin I could imiagine using it for is locking the shutter down for doing time lapses fast than 1 second intervals. I guess they're thought process might have been if you have a K-7 and K-5 then you have 1.6, 3, 5.2 & 7 fps available to have different rates for different things. But it would sure make a lot more sense for the K-7 to 1.6 & 5.2, and the K-5 to be 3 & 7. And, even bumping it up to 2fps would have been something more useful.
11-18-2010, 03:27 PM   #27
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JamieP Quote
Just updated as well. I'm not a big fan of the way the orange light continues to blink even after the screen says complete. To me the blinking light makes it seem that some process is still running. I let it go for a few extra minutes to make sure it was done. The blinking never stopped, so I turned it off. Everything was fine.
I have to admit, probably to the dismay of the current readers, that my rear end puckers a little more when I do these firmware updates. I for one, Really appreciate the double confirmation of both "Completed" AND the blinking light when it's finished.

11-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #28
Pentaxian

Just upgraded and shot 21 frames high speed RAW+JPEG @ ISO800, 19 frames @ ISO 51200.
I think I let out a giggle like a little girl for just a second... OK, maybe two seconds. :-)

Lo speed is pretty darned slow. I did not max out the frames in a row. Didn't see the point.
I never tried Lo Speed or even read up on what speed it was supposed to be, so I was a bit surprised at how slow that was. I would find 3-4 per second a lot more useful, (if I ever found a lesser that top speed useful). I wonder what reasoning they had for that speed?
11-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #29
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
If you've missed the shot, you've missed the shot. How is playing apeman going to get it back?
It's not, but it may mean one can try again to get it before it's too late.

---------- Post added 19th Nov 2010 at 01:00 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by amoringello Quote
I wonder what reasoning they had for that speed?
So they can say "until card is full", which sounds impressive.
11-18-2010, 05:06 PM   #30
Veteran Member

YAYAYA frame buffer sorta fixed!