Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2010, 02:12 AM   #1

K-5 WB with Takumar 50mm/1.4

Just upgraded from a K-x and finding some discrepancy in WB results between my lenses. On the K-x, WB under tungsten light was reasonably similar between my DA 35mm macro and S-M-C Tak 50/1.4 (other than the very slight warmth as expected from the 40 year old, radioactive Tak). When I screw it onto the K-5, the Takumar is giving me a much greener hue, requiring a correction of M5. No big deal, I guess, but I don't understand why it should be thus?

11-20-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by syoon1970 Quote
Just upgraded from a K-x and finding some discrepancy in WB results between my lenses. On the K-x, WB under tungsten light was reasonably similar between my DA 35mm macro and S-M-C Tak 50/1.4 (other than the very slight warmth as expected from the 40 year old, radioactive Tak). When I screw it onto the K-5, the Takumar is giving me a much greener hue, requiring a correction of M5. No big deal, I guess, but I don't understand why it should be thus?
I believe I have read on this forum about a setting for white balance that flips back to the older sunset retainer type or for the newer white white with the K7 and K5. Try a Google search on the forum.
11-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
I believe I have read on this forum about a setting for white balance that flips back to the older sunset retainer type or for the newer white white with the K7 and K5. Try a Google search on the forum.
Thanks - I know about this setting, and have played with it. My curiosity was more to do with why K-5 would seemingly render the colors differently between lenses (esp shift in green/magenta axis)? I'd like to hear from anyone with M42 Takumar lenses on K-5. What do you get with your combination under Tungsten light?