Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #1

K5 is comming aok!

My K5 and Pentax-DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 WR is being shipped as we speak, can't wait for it to show up. 11/19/2010 my lucky day!

11-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #2

3 words: I hate you :)

QuoteOriginally posted by Rick Clark Quote
My K5 and Pentax-DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 WR is being shipped as we speak, can't wait for it to show up. 11/19/2010 my lucky day!
_________________________________________-
11-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #3

You are pregnant with anticipation, and then UPS comes knocking at the door :-)
11-19-2010, 01:41 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Catalana Quote
You are pregnant with anticipation
Eh?

11-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #5
Veteran Member

You are pregnant with anticipation, and then UPS comes knocking at the door :-)
I know the feeling! UPS showed up with my K-5 yesterday! Except I wasn't there for 2 minutes so they left the standard note that they will try to deliver it later...

NOOOOOOOOO.......

So....I actually drove to the UPS distribution center 20 miles away and picked it up later in the evening after the driver was done with his route. I wasn't going to wait till Monday.

I love my new camera.
11-19-2010, 03:02 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by navcom Quote
I know the feeling! UPS showed up with my K-5 yesterday! Except I wasn't there for 2 minutes so they left the standard note that they will try to deliver it later...

NOOOOOOOOO.......

So....I actually drove to the UPS distribution center 20 miles away and picked it up later in the evening after the driver was done with his route. I wasn't going to wait till Monday.

I love my new camera.
LOL! I know the feeling of a parcel calling to you like a siren!
11-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by navcom Quote

NOOOOOOOOO.......

I love my new camera.
The exact thing happened to me when I ordered my K-x last year . Photography has that special allure and knowing that the camera is just hours or minutes away can drive you batty
and you'll do almost anything to get your hands on it. When I ordered the K-7, I made sure I was there for UPS...
11-19-2010, 07:17 PM   #8
Veteran Member

The exact thing happened to me when I ordered my K-x last year . Photography has that special allure and knowing that the camera is just hours or minutes away can drive you batty
and you'll do almost anything to get your hands on it. When I ordered the K-7, I made sure I was there for UPS...
LOL!! I actually called UPS and DEMANDED that they send the driver back. And I knew perfectly well they couldn't do that as my business ships many items daily via UPS...but alas...the truck that delivered to my home was not the same truck as work.

But the national UPS service person felt my pain and went out of their way to actually call the local distribution center and make sure they held it from going to the metro distribution center (which is where it would've ended up for the weekend). I'm thankful for that!

And now I'm playing around with brutally clear high ISO just to say I did.

And WOW! I absolutely LOVE the artificial horizon you can use to keep the camera level. This will come in super handy for night exposures!

11-19-2010, 11:27 PM   #9

Original Poster
Due date

1995- 2010 FedEx

Last edited by Rick Clark; 11-20-2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: me bad
12-31-2010, 11:22 AM   #10

Original Poster
My first K5 Dec. 7th. 11:55
Second Dec. 21th. 11:55
My last K5 Dec. 28th. 11:58

This is a good one only one minor problem, no beep I can live with that.
The delivery From FedEx is real good on thier time quoats.
12-31-2010, 12:55 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You sure it isn't turned off? The beep I mean. You can turn it on and off for various features and functions.