Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
11-28-2010, 05:54 AM   #76
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
F/13 @ 1/180 ISO 400, FLASH Metz 48 AF1

Do you think that this photo is good?

ISO400, flash and F13 are no good to understand shapness.

11-28-2010, 07:45 AM   #77

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
F/13 @ 1/180 ISO 400, FLASH Metz 48 AF1

Do you think that this photo is good?

ISO400, flash and F13 are no good to understand shapness.
Tell me your prefered exposure settings, I'll try with those settings as well.
11-28-2010, 08:17 AM   #78
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by cem.kumuk Quote
Tell me your prefered exposure settings, I'll try with those settings as well.
f5.6, ISO100, good exposure, no flash.
11-28-2010, 10:08 AM   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Ogl, I had missed this thread for the last few pages.

JP

11-28-2010, 10:55 AM   #80

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
f5.6, ISO100, good exposure, no flash.
I don't know whether this may correspond to your preferred settings...
F/9 @ 1/500 ISO 100, ev -1,3 Focal Lenght 500mm..!

11-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #81
Forum Member

Последната снимка на пеперудата не е достатъчно рязка.
Салют!
11-29-2010, 08:36 AM   #82
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I have just deleted seven posts from this thread.
This is not the political discussion forum. It is a thread in the K5 discussion forum meant to discuss the virtues of the new K5 DSLR from Pentax.
For those of you who wish to discuss politics, please do so here: Political and Religious Discussion - PentaxForums.com

For those of you who wish to troll bash the K5, ogl started a thread for that here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/123768-photozone-de-k-5s-resolution.html

Last edited by Parallax; 11-29-2010 at 09:15 AM.
11-29-2010, 08:38 AM   #83
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
This is not the political discussion forum. It is a thread in the K5 discussion form meant to discuss the virtues of the new K5 DSLR from Pentax.
We weren't discussing politics, but what you did is good.
11-29-2010, 11:46 AM   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
This is not the political discussion forum. It is a thread in the K5 discussion forum meant to discuss the virtues of the new K5 DSLR from Pentax.
For those of you who wish to discuss politics, please do so here: Political and Religious Discussion - PentaxForums.com

For those of you who wish to troll bash the K5, ogl started a thread for that here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/123768-photozone-de-k-5s-resolution.html
Thanks for bringing that up.
When I started this thread, I never expected people to start rambling on other than K5 facts.

Weird how a thread starts on the right track only to be totally distorted at some point ... much like when you whisper something in someone's ears and then the message is transmitted to a dozen more people ... the final message is often quite distorted!

Also, not a good place to start trolling/bashing the K5, as you said: there is a thread on that already!

Cheers.

JP
11-29-2010, 11:58 AM   #85
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eigelb Quote
K5 + A50 1.7 @F8
DNG-ACR

Click on the image to view it in a larger size
Nice picture and lovely and sharp.
11-29-2010, 02:43 PM   #86
Veteran Member

Vanessa, the photo is sharp enough but the moth is soft. They often are.

Can you find a butterfly with sufficiently sharp edges to its markings so we can feel better?

Oh. Never mind .......
11-30-2010, 01:17 AM   #87
Veteran Member

Do you mean that the quote from H.C.-B. was political, and my reaction on it too?
I think that in a conversation about a concept, in this case 'sharpness', an ethic point of view only can broaden insights and attitudes.
If a master like H. C.-B. had a particular point of view on it, I believe it was appropriate to bring it up.
All what I did was putting it in a rather social and historical context. Regardless H. C.-B.'s backgrounds, he still 'committed' an interesting and artistically valuable photography with an undoubtedly important social impact. The least we can do is to value it by quoting this creator, even in a 'small' conversation about a technical item like sharpness.
I do agree that this threat was about the capabilities of a particular camera, but this camera, an instrument, is meant to create, wether it be art or not…

Of course, it is up to you, moderator, to exercise your tasks and to judge wether or not a posting is appropriate in a threat, as it is our freedom of speech to quote and to react on that quote.
Anyway, you did what you thought had to be done and are entitled to, who am I to judge that, no hard feelings…

But, to my very personal and very humble opinion, I think that it is Ogl who, in certain occasions, is going rather far in criticising Pentax and its creations and sometimes is "missing the intrinsic nature of the item that determines its character" (don't worry, I am NOT sarcastic now).

P.S. Please, do forgive me my poor English.
11-30-2010, 02:44 AM - 1 Like   #88
Inactive Account

Well folks..don't want to get it to long..yesterday I bought my K-5..

My first Pentax camera was the k200d..I kept and keep paraising it's CCD sensor (the same as in the K10D) and when I bought the K-x a year ago I was really disapponited about its low iso output compared to the k200d's due to lack of sharpness and lack of 3D effect to my taste (really love it's high iso high DR though). So I used the following kit: k200d with da12-24 for landscape, boats (my favourite) and the K-x with the da55-300 for birds and for different perspective.

Just came back from the local port..K-5 with da12-24 and guess what..I am relly really happy!! The few pictures I took resembles very much to the k200d in terms of sharpness and doesn't have that digital look the K-x produces..and it is sharp!

and the nameplate on the end of the boat in a 100% crop:

please don't forget that this is a wide lens. The picture was taken at12mm f9 iso100 1/15, focuspoint at the nose of the boat.

Thanks for reading and looking! Opinions are really welcomed!

Andras
11-30-2010, 03:17 AM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great picture Planedriver, well executed idea.
11-30-2010, 03:50 AM   #90
Inactive Account

I think until dpreview fixes the crops of the k-5, if it needs it? I sure hope it needs fixing. Then this will never end. It has stopped me in my tracks. I am very critical of crops and sharpness. I think all the pics here show it is a good camera. What is the problem with the other sites posting the comparison pics? It has stopped me though.

What is the possible motive putting up very bad pics? What is there response to this?

Just very bad.