Where to get firmware version 1.00 ?
I think AF significantly better in version 1.00 than in 1.01

11-21-2010, 02:26 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
I think AF significantly better in version 1.00 than in 1.01
Pretty sure you're wrong there- we just got done testing a v1.01 body that had recently been upgraded, and didn't find a single issue: Pentax K-5 Review - PentaxForums.com Professional Reviews

We still have one v1.00 body and one v1.01 body if comparison becomes necessary.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-21-2010, 03:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Than i'm doing something wrong or setup of k-5 is wrong, because i was shooting yesterday in low light and AF could not focus on grey surfaces especially with 35mm limited macro lens.
11-21-2010, 03:27 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If there's absolutely no contrast, you can't expect any camera to focus properly. We were forcing the camera to focus in complete darkness, and it was successful, as long as whatever it was pointing at wasn't completely neutral.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-21-2010, 03:29 AM   #5
Zav
Pentaxian

Low light and low contrast, autofocus (any of them) is not made for this case of situation.
11-21-2010, 04:00 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hmm, yesterday the was several moments when all conditions where ok but AF wasn't working normally and it was with 35mm lim lens. So should I blame the lens?
P.S. I whant to try downgrading because I don't like light flickering on second LCD every time I touch shutter button and several times K-5 after trying to view the photo where stuck with black screen stoped responsing to anything exept turning of.