Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2010, 05:00 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Working with K5 Video

So I know alot of people are referencing the few K5 HD clips floating around, but I think we need a place to discuss best practices in terms of working with K5 videos. I've had my K5 since the release and while I love the camera, the video quality really is touchy in terms of how to get smooth results with no artifacts / moire.

Anyway, my goal currently is to overcome the large amounts of moire that are produced from panning, heavy motion, handholding, etc. Anyone out there have a good solution, other than buying a camera with in-camera filtering.

Has anyone tried a Caprock Anti-moire on their K5/K7?

Cheers,
George

11-22-2010, 07:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
do you use something like the Steadicam Merlin?
11-22-2010, 08:02 AM   #3
Banned

Photos: Gallery
There is alsoo a video section here, where ou maybe find some of the answers.
11-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Eipä paljon innosta K-5 videokuvaus. itse olen koeillut parikertaa uteliaisutta, mutta lelu mikä lelu. Voi verrata täysin kännykkäkameraan. Itse olen kuvannut oikeilla videokameroilla joita omistan 2. Niillä kuvaan jos on jotakin kuvaamista. Kameran pidän kamerana ja Pentax K-5 on tosi hyvä sellainen.

11-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I've never tried the Caprock filter, but that looks like it'd be a decent solution. The sample vid I looked at on Vimeo seems to show a noticeable decrease in moire. A tripod or a steadicam should also help reduce the effect by minimizing high-frequency shaking, which really exacerbates the problem.

- Jason