Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
12-07-2010, 06:02 PM   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by telfish Quote
Well in defense it is dust as Falk proved when he looked at my files.

The OP described this as a "Bad Cmos problem" it is not a bad cmos (sensor) problem it's a trapped dust problem. The sensor is fine. To describe it as a bad cmos problem was and is inaccurate.

The question at that time was is it on the surface and cleanable or is it deeper and not cleanable. My thoughts at the time were try cleaning it and if it will not go away get an exchange, seems reasonable.

Of course smeggy with the benefit of 100% hindsight vision wades in and throws around the insults. Thank you very much.

I am willing to believe people who take the trouble to test and research an issue BEFORE bleating to the world on the internet. Having said that the OP was right and I acknowledge that.

The OP did go off half cocked in bleating on the forum when he should have been pursuing an exchange with his dealer.
Shame you twisted it around to make me look the bad guy.

Your attitude towards the OP, by implying it was just dust that could be cleaned off, was uncalled for and I was highlighting that. Especially as you subsequently found your K-5 also had the problem.

QuoteQuote:
it's a trapped dust problem
Actually we don't know what it is. And what is the definition of dust anyway?

I didn't insult you and saying I "threw around insults" is pure hyperbole. Any bad light on you was caused by yourself. But you've since apologised to Nightporter and that is good.

And no you didn't call him a troll. Someone else did. They were out of order as well.

12-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote

Your attitude towards the OP, by implying it was just dust that could be cleaned off, was uncalled for and I was highlighting that. Especially as you subsequently found your K-5 also had the problem.

I didn't insult you and saying I "threw around insults" is pure hyperbole. Any bad light on you was caused by yourself. But you've since apologised to Nightporter and that is good.

And no you didn't call him a troll. Someone else did. They were out of order a

well.

Whatever, I am not going to get into an internet pissing match with you as you obviously can piss a long way.
12-08-2010, 03:07 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by raz-0 Quote
Looks like a bunch of dust and a hair. If it is under the filter that covers the sensor, then yeah it's going to have to be serviced, and if it is on a new camera that hasn't been messed with, it is indicative of poor QC at the factory.
That is highly unfortunate. The fact that those actually producing the sensor are not scrutinized with a fine tooth comb and magnifying glass. This episode could really hurt the Pentax image...No pun intended.

I was about to pick up a body shortly. I am now going to wait until this hick up has been rectified to my satisfaction.
12-08-2010, 03:17 AM   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NightPorter Quote
I state here again, Pentax Hong Kong recognize that is not the dust problem. This is the cmos problem. There are 6 same cmos cases in Hong Kong.

Now, Pentax Hong Kong promise to exchange a brand new K-5 to my friend in these 2 days. They will fully check the new K-5 again before sending to my friend.

I love Pentax, I do not have this cmos problem in my K-5 & K-7.
I just want to share some bad possibility in cmos and remind the worldwide
K-5 owners check their cmos carefully according this problem.
I even don't know if this problem only occur in Hong Kong or somewhere else.

I do not understand why some people have a bad reaction here.
These guys must be a die hard fans of Pentax
If your K-5 does not has such problem, that's very good.
Keep on enjoy your K-5. That's it!
Pentax users like most Brand Lovers are very protective of their choices (Babies)and as a result take it very personally if their babies are attacked. Not a very rational reaction, but if the truth be told that is the state of affairs with most Brand Lovers.

I too could be guilty of this at times. I appreciate your input and as a result will not purchase a K5 until the smoke clears.

12-08-2010, 06:05 AM   #80
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Hi!

I admit that we have been rather harsh at the beginning, when you posted your thread.
However, I do believe that you had a very good argument regarding "stains" and that almost no one, including myself, thought that this was an issue.

Then, just recently, a member of this forum posted this:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/125009-stains-your-k5d-sensor-poll.html

You nailed right on when you started this thread!

Cheers!

JP
Thanks for your understanding
12-08-2010, 06:09 AM   #81
Inactive Account

Original Poster
If your sarcastic 'roll eyes' were aimed at me, I'm actually on your side. I was commenting on the other poster called 'tellfish' who steamed in dissing you and then found he had the same problem with his K-5 and subsequently made himself look stupid. He should really come back and apologise to you.

I'll stick to a positive note and assume you didn't read or follow my previous post properly.

Thanks a lot for your kindly support
12-08-2010, 06:17 AM   #82
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
Not all looked like dust

Actually your description of the rather weird salesperson behaviour made me think this was not really an issue .... I even thought of one persone exchanging the camera and selling the "blotched one"on to the next buyer, My apologies,,,

Don't mention it.
I just share the potential cmos problem but this problem seems to be becoming seriously

12-08-2010, 06:22 AM   #83
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dandog Quote
funny the way this thread turned out
i also think telfish should apologise,but that will never happen.
treating new members that way is not what pentax forums is about.

so glad i didnt buy a k-5....yet

lol still no sorry

Thanks for your kindly support
12-08-2010, 06:25 AM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
That is highly unfortunate. The fact that those actually producing the sensor are not scrutinized with a fine tooth comb and magnifying glass.
They probably were... I mean that before Pentax ordered the sensor unit they did look at "is the manufacturer any good? can he deliver?" etc etc.
Then they expect the goods delivered to be good. Like I sais before, Airbus surely did some research before ordering the Rolls Royce engines, they probably even tested engines but they would most likely not take every single engine apart to make sure all the tubes, hoses and wiring is conneted properly and see what happened.

And look at us, we trusted Pentax to deliver, just like Pnetax trusted the sensor manufacturer. Most turned on the camera and it seemd to work fine so up till someone in Hong Kong discovered the fault, most cameras passed the end users QC... Oh dear how sloppy we were.

Now, if you failed to notice an dthen you deliver one of your fashion pics to a client who discovers the stain, he will blame you, NOT your equipment. You on the other hand will blame Pentax,s who will blame whoever assembled the part that went wrong.

I was about to pick up a body shortly. I am now going to wait until this hick up has been rectified to my satisfaction.
You still can and discover how it works before returning it....
I am not cancelling my pre order...
12-08-2010, 06:26 AM   #85
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I did not say this

"Troll"

I did not say this.

"Iīm sorry, I canīt believe in a guy with that kind of haircut... :P"

All I did was offer advice in a straightforward way. The advice was clean it and if it don't clean get to your dealer and ask for an exchange and don't take no for an answer.

I guess I was wrong because that's exactly what happened subsequently.

When I looked deeper into the issue and tested my camera at f32 I did find some marks. I ordered a deep cleaning kit and intended to try cleaning before asking for a replacement. In the mean time Falk worked on 4 of my files and did an analysis which proved that the marks were sub surface and therefore not cleanable. A replacement is on it's way.

Thank you NightPorter for bringing this to our attention. I am sorry if I was harsh.

Don't mention it.
We're all Pentaxians and hope Hoya (Pentax) can solve the stain problem as soon as possible.
12-08-2010, 06:28 AM   #86
Inactive Account

Original Poster

And no you didn't call him a troll. Someone else did. They were out of order as well.

Thank you so much for your great help
12-08-2010, 06:34 AM   #87
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Whatever, I am not going to get into an internet pissing match with you as you obviously can piss a long way.

Please calm down.
Now, we need to do is let Hoya (Pentax) takes a reasonable quick action to solve this problem. There are coming more and more K-5 stain problems in Hong Kong, Taiwan and China now
12-08-2010, 06:36 AM   #88
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Pentax users like most Brand Lovers are very protective of their choices (Babies)and as a result take it very personally if their babies are attacked. Not a very rational reaction, but if the truth be told that is the state of affairs with most Brand Lovers.

I too could be guilty of this at times. I appreciate your input and as a result will not purchase a K5 until the smoke clears.
Yes, that is the point.
I agree
12-08-2010, 08:35 AM   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NightPorter Quote
Please calm down.
:
Naah, a bit of stress keeps the heart running