Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
11-24-2010, 10:38 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Sounds like your number 1 problem is your dealer is unwilling to exchange a brand new (defective?) purchase for another.....or there is evidence to suggest the user has fouled up the sensor due to lack of knowledge. Either way, what is this board supposed to do to help if you are unwilling or uncooperative?

Dude, log off, catch a bus to the dealer, work it out or start firing off letters to your local repair center. Life is too short.

Jason

11-25-2010, 05:54 AM   #47
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Pentax Hong Kong exchange a new K-5 set to my friend today.
His new K-5 is in perfect condition after check.
Pentax Hong Kong did a great job and fast reaction this time.
If you don't believe, just fine!
11-25-2010, 06:34 AM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NightPorter Quote
Pentax Hong Kong exchange a new K-5 set to my friend today.
His new K-5 is in perfect condition after check.
Now that is good to hear, thanks for the follow-up!
11-25-2010, 06:44 AM   #49

Iīm sorry, I canīt believe in a guy with that kind of haircut... :P

11-25-2010, 07:33 AM   #50
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I don't like a guy with that kind of hair style...........:titter:
I am sorry too
11-26-2010, 11:44 PM   #51
m8o
Veteran Member

My brand new K-5 has a blotch near the center line at edge of one of the short sides of the frame. I thought it was my Tamron lens. But now that I see it in the exact same place with other lenses, it's definitely the sensor. I'm pretty unhappy I need an immediate cleaning; but I'll be even more unhappy if it turns out to be below the filter/film over the sensor and can't be cleaned. ... 1st I find the electronic level is 3 degrees off, now this? I think I may need to press for a new body.
11-27-2010, 02:01 AM   #52

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
I'm pretty unhappy I need an immediate cleaning
I'm not sure why you wouldn't do that yourself. With a Rocket Blower you don't run a great risk to damage the sensor.

11-27-2010, 03:52 AM   #53
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
My brand new K-5 has a blotch near the center line at edge of one of the short sides of the frame. I thought it was my Tamron lens. But now that I see it in the exact same place with other lenses, it's definitely the sensor. I'm pretty unhappy I need an immediate cleaning; but I'll be even more unhappy if it turns out to be below the filter/film over the sensor and can't be cleaned. ... 1st I find the electronic level is 3 degrees off, now this? I think I may need to press for a new body.

I believe you should bring your K-5 back to your dealer to check first.
If it is the cmos problem, you can ask for exchange a new one
11-27-2010, 04:04 AM   #54
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I don't know wheather it is dust or not
yes, it's dust. It becomes clear like that at F22. Run the DR mechanism several times and it should be gone

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-27-2010, 04:38 AM   #55
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
yes, it's dust. It becomes clear like that at F22. Run the DR mechanism several times and it should be gone
Thanks for your advise.
But Pentax Hong Kong clarified it is not dust, they can not clean it. So they exchanged a new K-5 to me
11-27-2010, 09:21 AM   #56
m8o
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rainer Dynszis Quote
I'm not sure why you wouldn't do that yourself. With a Rocket Blower you don't run a great risk to damage the sensor.
Got one of those. But this is a pretty substantial if subtle splotch/schmear, not a spot. My only fear is whether it's ontop of the sensor filter or under. I'll see.
11-27-2010, 06:23 PM   #57
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for your advise.
But Pentax Hong Kong clarified it is not dust, they can not clean it. So they exchanged a new K-5 to me
Ummm, Pentax Hong Kong clarified that it wasn't dust on your camera. I've had my K5 for a month or so now. If there is no dust on the sensor, I would be shocked.
Don't presume that because your camera had a fault, every camera that shows a similar symptom has the same fault.

I am curious, does anyone know if the sensor assembly comes from Sony as a raw component, or does it come as a completed unit, with the various filters already in place, ready to drop into the camera body?

Presuming this is a QC issue (and judging by your picture, I'm not presuming it was anything more than sensor dust that PHK didn't want to clean), it would be vaguely interesting to know if this is a Pentax problem or a Sony problem.
11-27-2010, 06:48 PM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
sometimes you can get splotches and streaks on the cover glass on a sensor from oils in the mirror box. Not long ago I cleaned one of my canon DSLR's my sensor brush got some oil on it from the mirror box and it really made a mess of the sensor, I had to use my backup body and do a wet cleaning at home.
11-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #59
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Ummm, Pentax Hong Kong clarified that it wasn't dust on your camera. I've had my K5 for a month or so now. If there is no dust on the sensor, I would be shocked.
Don't presume that because your camera had a fault, every camera that shows a similar symptom has the same fault.

I am curious, does anyone know if the sensor assembly comes from Sony as a raw component, or does it come as a completed unit, with the various filters already in place, ready to drop into the camera body?

Presuming this is a QC issue (and judging by your picture, I'm not presuming it was anything more than sensor dust that PHK didn't want to clean), it would be vaguely interesting to know if this is a Pentax problem or a Sony problem.
I don't have this meaning, if you are still misunderstanding.
I am sorry, you better read my post carefully
For example, I don't mean you are sick and I am being sick too
But I am going to have my body check.
Just kidding

Last edited by NightPorter; 11-27-2010 at 07:14 PM.
12-07-2010, 04:28 AM - 2 Likes   #60
Inactive Account

Original Poster
It seems I was the first one who addressed the cmos has some dirt marks (stain) in the beginning in this forum and it could not be cleaned
But somebodies did not realised this is truth in this forum.
Now more and more stain cmos complaints are coming:ugh:
What are they thinking now?