Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #3811
Veteran Member

Awesome shots, captainbert!

10-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #3812
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Captainbert, you are a master of atmosphere. Very nice work.
10-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #3813
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sinister Quote
Awesome shots, captainbert!
Thanks very much Sinister!

QuoteOriginally posted by sb in ak Quote
Captainbert, you are a master of atmosphere. Very nice work.
Ta very much indeed kind sir!
10-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #3814

Frost and leafs

Hello - just taken some photos in Sweden.
Starting to get cold, but there is still leafs on the aspen trees. This creates some fantastic effects at sunrise. I have used a M 1:2 85mm lens, at 2:8. This is how it works:

One need a clear morning with snow or frost on the ground. The motorcycle was parked in the shade of a glassworks brick building. In the background we have the aspen forest that surrounds the area. The timing is crucial. At sunrise the shadows are extremely long – creating a room around the bike, blocking out the sun. The only light here is the blue sky reflected in the ice and snow. The result is a blue, cold surrounding. As the sun gets over the horizon it lights up the yellow leafs of the aspen backdrop – creating a warm light in the forest. This two lights is fighting with the sensor in the camera. So a minor adjustment of white balance is the only thing done in photoshop. This fantastic fenomena is just lasting for a few minutes. As the sun gets higher, the warm light reflected by the leafs will blend with the blue light of the ground. Eventually the snow area will be lit from all kinds of directions, eliminating the reflection from the blue sky. Check out the last picture, taken 15 minutes later than the first ones – the contrast is fading.

Winter is a fantastic time

10-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #3815
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like the 2nd last shot Farmer racer !! welcome to the forum..

"Carnival Spirit" is Currently here in Sydney , so last night before going out to Dinner I took the opportunity and fired some shots at it , with my Pentax ofcourse

Last edited by disco_owner; 10-28-2012 at 05:47 PM.
10-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #3816
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by farmer's racer Quote
Starting to get cold, but there is still leafs on the aspen trees. This creates some fantastic effects at sunrise. I have used a M 1:2 85mm lens, at 2:8. This is how it works:

One need a clear morning with snow or frost on the ground. The motorcycle was parked in the shade of a glassworks brick building. In the background we have the aspen forest that surrounds the area. The timing is crucial. At sunrise the shadows are extremely long – creating a room around the bike, blocking out the sun. The only light here is the blue sky reflected in the ice and snow. The result is a blue, cold surrounding. As the sun gets over the horizon it lights up the yellow leafs of the aspen backdrop – creating a warm light in the forest. This two lights is fighting with the sensor in the camera. So a minor adjustment of white balance is the only thing done in photoshop. This fantastic fenomena is just lasting for a few minutes. As the sun gets higher, the warm light reflected by the leafs will blend with the blue light of the ground. Eventually the snow area will be lit from all kinds of directions, eliminating the reflection from the blue sky. Check out the last picture, taken 15 minutes later than the first ones – the contrast is fading.

I don`t know about winter being fantastic time, but I do like your first 2 shots, well done. I do not recognize the bike, is it a Husqvarna ?.
10-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #3817

Stunning shots farmer's racer! Lovely bike too, I love the design of it. And I must add, after trawling through alot of the comments of late, its so refreshing to read someone talking about the actual light and not hardware! You clearly show what is most important.

10-29-2012, 04:19 AM   #3818

Hi all, took some snaps with the K-5 over the weekend, loving it so far! Both taken with Sigma 18-200.

Name:  IMGP2163-2 - Copy2.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  519.7 KB

Name:  IMGP2197.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  490.7 KB
10-29-2012, 05:19 AM   #3819
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by farmer's racer Quote

[...]

Impressive! Those shots are worth being sold to the manufacturer
10-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #3820
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Nice shots and effects captainbert !
Thanks Fs999. Apologies i didn't notice that before till i was looking carefully through your post. Really admiring your style and productivity squire. Some beautiful shots there!
10-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #3821
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
No problem captainbert ! you've been hypnotised by all these superb photos here

Fantastic shots, as usual, disco_owner !
10-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #3822

QuoteQuote:
QuoteOriginally posted by Sinister Quote
Originally posted by farmer's racer

[...]

Impressive! Those shots are worth being sold to the manufacturer
Thanks Sinister

Having a focus problem though. It takes far to many pics to get things in order.

Will be happy to hear your oppinion in this thread:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5/203644-high-demands-focus.html

regards
Farmer's racer
10-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #3823
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote

Fantastic shots, as usual, disco_owner !
Thank you Kindly FS999 !!

Sigma 10-20 F3.5 + Lee Filter 0.9 GND Hard

10-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #3824
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Okay, so now the K5 should be delivered tomorrow and what do I see? Good ol' Disco showing off his with a Siggy Widema! Now I gots LBA too! Thanks a lot! BTW, another great image! Well taken.
10-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #3825
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Okay, so now the K5 should be delivered tomorrow and what do I see? Good ol' Disco showing off his with a Siggy Widema! Now I gots LBA too! Thanks a lot! BTW, another great image! Well taken.
Thank you Steve , Urm.... wasn't trying to cause an LBA you'll be really Happy with the K5. all my Canikon friends are Impressed with it's IQ. a Nikon Friend Commented on how Quite the Shutter is Compared to his APS-C Nikon and went on Further to say he really liked the layout of all the buttons and features that are offered in the camera. IMO Pentax have got themselves a WINNER !!!

Last edited by disco_owner; 10-29-2012 at 10:21 PM.