Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2573 Likes Search this Thread
12-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #5521
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
jbinpg- Those look delicious, and I'm not even a cranberry fan!

bvg-It's a long road from the break to the recovery......I've been through it before in '92......I know the routine, and feel for anyone that has to suffer it.

Thanks FS- Now the hard work comes of getting my foot back in shape and walking again. It could go fast, or slow, there is no way to know, but I'll be working hard at it, literally every step of the way!

Sage- You do need to answer Otis' inquiry....."Otis said he wanted to see more....and less......I think I know what he had in mind!" Just give him a yes or no and he will go away, back to cruising for those NSFW photos he loves....for the artistic value, of course!

Shot this early today, it was just a quick grab...my SD card had one shot left on it and I saw him out about 45 feet in the woods. Didn't check settings, just fired, and he was gone almost with the snap of the shutter. These are handsome birdies, and I think there are over a dozen males like this in the Woods of Otis......every one is just a little different shade of red. This time I did his crown some justice!

Regards!

12-19-2013, 09:26 AM - 1 Like   #5522
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wonderful shot Rupert ! I'm joining Otis' request !

Click on the photos for details...

This one for Jean

This one for Otis
12-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #5523
Veteran Member

FS-Love the little green bug! I like that last shot too, but don't really know why? It does grab your attention, maybe that's it? Nice!

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
I'm joining Otis' request !
Yep, if Sage can show more......and less, it will make us all happy! You can't go wrong with Otis on a request like that!

Regards!....Maybe nothing from me today, I am trying to walk a little and work out my foot. The pain doesn't lend itself to much shooting.
12-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #5524
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
... This one for Jean ... This one for Otis
Merci Frédéric ... Wow, what a great Soligor shot and thanks for the dedication ! Salut, J

12-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #5525
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you Sirs !

The pain goes with a good shot !

I love the bokeh of that lens, but even more its flare !
12-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #5526
Veteran Member

I didn't even notice that shot was for Otis....but he did as he was surfing later today! He said that's his kind of woman...great body but no head or nagging mouth! I told him that kind of talk could ruin his reputation, but he said he didn't care, he's just a squirrel, and PC is for dumb humans!
I don't argue with Otis!
Regards!
12-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #5527

My resident rodent. We will call him Bubba, just because he looks like a "Bubba" and I am kind of a redneck This was shot through possibly the dirtiest window in our old house. I have been noticing he has been coming around a lot lately. He usually sits in his tree and yells at me. I would like to think he is bowing down before me, but I am guessing that isn't the case? Gotta love the squirrels.

Last edited by rwingsfan; 01-12-2014 at 11:07 PM.
12-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #5528
Veteran Member

Mercy Rwingsfan!!! You are so lucky I came along and saw that shot. I've seen that before, here in the Woods of Otis. See his arm? He's giving you the squirrel warning sign that if you don't start putting out some decent feed...like sunflower seeds or roasted peanuts, him and his buddies are going to bring you down and gnaw off your arm! Don't go out there until you have something to feed him, or you will soon be a one armed shooter!

Also, don't question their ability to take you down and hurt you bad! They lift weights and work out all the time...

Sometimes there are hundreds of them out there doing push ups to keep in shape...

Then when you go out to water the plants, one will be lurking and jump on your face, taking out your eyes, which is a good thing....so you won't have to witness what his buddies are doing to your arm!

Don't say I didn't warn you! I'm not the sharpest tack in the box, or the best shooter....but I damn sure know squirrels!

Regards!
12-20-2013, 09:11 PM - 1 Like   #5529

Rupert, you hit the nail on the head. Notice his empty corn cob nail and the "I am so going to hurt you unless this gets rectified right now" look upon his cute little face. Several insults and guttural squawks after taking this shot he made a mad dash towards my position, then decided otherwise. To think I was spending so much time watching birds when these little tyrants run the east side of my yard. Some closer scrutiny is now warranted. And he has these little guys (squinties) watching from below my sidewalk. They bark at each other when passing information.

Last edited by rwingsfan; 01-12-2014 at 11:07 PM.
12-21-2013, 03:52 AM - 1 Like   #5530

DA16-45 shots from recently...

12-21-2013, 06:46 AM - 1 Like   #5531
Forum Member

Most these crazy colored ones are from gelled LED panel lights~ Others are just street photos

12-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #5532

Chilie 7236 nice shots thanks for posting

K-rex I really like the mood of your shots, thank you.
12-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #5533
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by popellis Quote
Chilie 7236 nice shots thanks for posting

K-rex I really like the mood of your shots, thank you.
thanks, trying to find my own style XD
12-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #5534
Veteran Member

Chile....Nice! I really like that 2nd shot!

QuoteOriginally posted by K-Rex Quote
thanks, trying to find my own style XD
K-Rex.....Just keep doing what you are doing...looks like you have found it to me., those are fine shots....love the fruitman and that guy mixing something...all of them really.

Rwingsfan I'm a little disappointed that you don't understand the seriousness of your situation......but it won't matter, you won't be around here long anyhow. Apparently you mistook that shot you just posted as a "cute little squirrel" and overlooked another Squirrel Sign. They have signs just like gangs...heck, they are gangs! See that nail, below his head.....that's what they intend to drive through your thick skull if you don't get some feed out there for them ...and FAST! If we don't see you again, we won't have to guess why.

BTW- I just saw the UPS guy pick up a package being sent by Otis.......wrapped in a paper bag...it looked like a hammer? Reckon where that is being sent?

Regards!
12-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #5535
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wonderful shots Here !

Rwingsfan, don't go outside unarmed, they have razor sharp nails, they can cut your head off in a single movement !!!