QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
You know what day it is:
Great shot

cheers

Neil

05-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #857
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Agreed! I am just looking today...Otis went on strike and all my Squirrels refuse to pose. Something about it being Mothers Day and I failed to deliver a dump truck full of shelled pecans to Mama Festus. He'll get over it, but it may take a day or two.Meanwhile, I am just enjoying what I see from others here...yours included!
Regards!
05-08-2011, 01:27 PM - 1 Like   #858

Mi pequeña contribución. Portugal

18-55 wr

Sonagar 135mm f3.5

18-55 wr

18-55 wr

FA 50mm f1.4

18-55 wr

50 FA

18-55 wr

Sigma 18-250 os hsm

Más en mi web MIUTOPIA

Last edited by oscarpentax; 05-09-2011 at 12:52 AM. Reason: error...
05-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #859
Col
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Oscarpentax great series I only have one problem, my favourite (tower interior stairs) appears to have been taken by a Nikon D50... damn you!

Last edited by Col; 05-08-2011 at 03:48 PM.
05-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #860

Not too many astronomical photos on this site. They are something which is only "beautiful" to the eye of the sky watching hobbyist. But still, the K-5 combines resolution and noise immunity, which are the most valuable astronomical image qualities, with resistance to fog, dampness, and cold, making it the perfect midnight tripod camera. This shot is from last Friday. My first experience with image addition in Photoshop, showing 5 shots, each with 10s duration, and separated by about 2 seconds. Proof that this is a satellite is that it emerges from the earth's shadow at left in the first exposure, with a barely visible trail, which comes to full brightness in the next exposure. The extremely nonlinear curve I applied accentuated the red sky noise, but the only thing that matters is the amazing image quality. Track width of the satellite is barely 2 pixels (measured as full-width-half-max). If it were any narrower, quantization effects would become much more objectionable. As it is, the slight "wobble" you see in the track is due to the quantization aliasing when the image is resized. If I had my way, the K-5 would be a 24 megapixel camera, but quantization effects are still low enough at 16mp to give awesome results. This same sequence of shots also caught a very small meteor in a frame not shown here. Neither the meteor nor the satellite was bright enough for me to see during shooting. Only afterwards in Lightroom 3 were the tracks found and identified. This web site could use a section for "astronomical" or "scientific".

Shot was taken with Pentax K-5 camera, composite using exclusion blending in Photoshop of 5 images, each 10s, F/4, 50mm, using a Zeiss 50mm F/1.4 T* ZK lens, manual focus, manual exposure, internal interval timer set to 20 images at 12s intervals, these 5 images selected from the sequence. Original is 3678x1164.

Last edited by Skymist; 05-08-2011 at 08:39 PM.
05-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #861
Veteran Member

A couple recent ones I like-

Last edited by TOUGEFC; 05-08-2011 at 03:15 PM.
05-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #862

Those shots from OscarpPentax are exquisite. They have an almost enchanting surreal feel about them. The second is my favourite. Its like a magic garden. The window or the cat or the alley could be my favourites as well on a different day. Fanatastic compositions, exposures and love the WB on some of those shots. The staircase and the trams you have the people in the perfect positions and how did you get the cat to be in the perfect spot as well. Brilliant.
05-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #863
Veteran Member

oscarpentax, your photos are simply stunning! Very jealous.

05-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #864
Inactive Account

05-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #865
Loyal Site Supporter

Pretty Lady
[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]
05-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #866
Veteran Member

A picture of my K-X, taken with the K5...

Now, I must take a pic of the K5 with the K-X and post it in the K-X thread
05-09-2011, 12:19 AM   #867
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I haven't noticed any grumbling at all in this thread? Just a lot of great photos. Grumbling and bitching is human nature, not limited to Pentax, cameras, or anything else on earth....it is a "human condition". I first noticed it when I was only a few weeks old and peed on someones lap.......

Meanwhile, the K5 is a Dream Camera, a few may be in "denial", but most of us recognize it for what it is, a fantastic machine like no Pentaxian has ever owned before.

None of my previous cameras would have got this shot, and although no where near perfect, I kind of like it!
Painted Bunting
[/url] [/IMG]

Regards!
I haven't noticed any grumbling on this thread either.

My comments were about the K-5 Forum.

Kind regards,
05-09-2011, 12:54 AM - 1 Like   #868

QuoteOriginally posted by Col Quote
Oscarpentax great series I only have one problem, my favourite (tower interior stairs) appears to have been taken by a Nikon D50... damn you!
oooops! sorry
05-09-2011, 01:15 AM   #869
Pentaxian

+1 rep for your great pics (and the apology for including a Nikon picture)
05-09-2011, 04:45 AM   #870

QuoteOriginally posted by Skymist Quote
Not too many astronomical photos on this site. They are something which is only "beautiful" to the eye of the sky watching hobbyist. But still, the K-5 combines resolution and noise immunity, which are the most valuable astronomical image qualities, with resistance to fog, dampness, and cold, making it the perfect midnight tripod camera. This shot is from last Friday. My first experience with image addition in Photoshop, showing 5 shots, each with 10s duration, and separated by about 2 seconds. Proof that this is a satellite is that it emerges from the earth's shadow at left in the first exposure, with a barely visible trail, which comes to full brightness in the next exposure. The extremely nonlinear curve I applied accentuated the red sky noise, but the only thing that matters is the amazing image quality. Track width of the satellite is barely 2 pixels (measured as full-width-half-max). If it were any narrower, quantization effects would become much more objectionable. As it is, the slight "wobble" you see in the track is due to the quantization aliasing when the image is resized. If I had my way, the K-5 would be a 24 megapixel camera, but quantization effects are still low enough at 16mp to give awesome results. This same sequence of shots also caught a very small meteor in a frame not shown here. Neither the meteor nor the satellite was bright enough for me to see during shooting. Only afterwards in Lightroom 3 were the tracks found and identified. This web site could use a section for "astronomical" or "scientific".

Shot was taken with Pentax K-5 camera, composite using exclusion blending in Photoshop of 5 images, each 10s, F/4, 50mm, using a Zeiss 50mm F/1.4 T* ZK lens, manual focus, manual exposure, internal interval timer set to 20 images at 12s intervals, these 5 images selected from the sequence. Original is 3678x1164.
Hi Skymist,
I'm desperately looking for astrophotographies taken with k5 (Im still with k100d and look for an upgrade for occasional astrophoto) and hope such a section opens in this forum.
Not to be rude , but your pic is not showing the K5 as a good astrophoto camera (but you may have not pp your pic as most do).
If you do more astrophoto, i'd be pleased to see some more, specially wide sky landscapes.