Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2573 Likes Search this Thread
05-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #841
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jstevewhite Quote
Very sweet macros. That's flash, right? A diffuser over on-camera, maybe? It's not flat like a ringlight - it has nice modeling and crisp highlights. Which lens?
Thanks, yes i used a flash, i cant remember wich photos i used a diffuser on.

The lens i used was the pentax 100mm 2.8 wr macro lens.

05-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #842
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A Little Newbie Squirrel....
[IMG] [/IMG]
05-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #843
Inactive Account

05-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #844
Veteran Member

Nice ones Jeff!

Old Carl even looks decent when shot with the K5 and Bigma at 50mm....used to hunt like a hound, now focuses fast and accurate on my K5!
WB is on auto, not bad for a mixture of three kinds of light...

Old Carl
[IMG] [/IMG]

05-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #845

Nice shoots!
05-07-2011, 04:56 PM   #846
Veteran Member

Botanical Beach

Recently took this one with my K5 along with a DA 18-135 WR lens. Location is Botanical Beach on Vancouver Island, near Port Renfrew.
Attached Images

05-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #847
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by extravagrant Quote
Real life examples of 12,800 ISO
Missed these, but takes me back to being right there in the pit! Great shots!

05-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #848

Strawberry farm.
K-5 using Tamron 70-300mm lens at 100mm, f/14, 1/30th, ISO 100. An hour before sunset.

05-08-2011, 12:37 AM   #849
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You know what day it is:
05-08-2011, 03:30 AM   #850
Inactive Account

A very welcome thread, more photos of the K-5's capabilities the better!

It's strange that every Brands Forum seems to have on board those who delight in flaming the latest Brand offering.

It seems to me that this forum is one of the very worst in this respect.
Had I been aware of the apparent K-5 hatred exhibited on this forum, perhaps I would have had second thoughts about purchasing one.

Pentax has always been my first love, my very first single lens reflex film camera was a Pentax.
I was over the moon when news of the K-5 was first announced but wisely waited for the bugs to be eliminated before making my purchase. (very few new products are marketed without having some unknown or known flaw)

The Pentax K-5 is the best camera that I have used since becoming interested in photography way back in 1947!

It seems like yesterday, my grammar school class photos were taken with a Plate Camera mounted on a wooden tripod. The flash held up at arms length, rather gingerly, by an assistant waiting for the flash powder to ignite!

I have a suggestion, how about renaming this thread to "No more K-5 groans & moans, just pictures"?

Any legit K-5 problems being consigned to a separate troubleshooting section.

Regards,
05-08-2011, 05:06 AM   #851
Veteran Member

Did an engagement shoot today:

Last edited by WerTicus; 05-08-2011 at 08:14 AM.
05-08-2011, 06:24 AM   #852
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Roy3 Quote
It's strange that every Brands Forum seems to have on board those who delight in flaming the latest Brand offering.
Got me scratching my head too.Having participated in a couple of threads lately the conversation seems to be more about coping with what you've got than enjoying the new offering,not always of benefit to the OP.
05-08-2011, 07:04 AM   #853
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Roy3 Quote
A very welcome thread, more photos of the K-5's capabilities the better!

It seems to me that this forum is one of the very worst in this respect.
Had I been aware of the apparent K-5 hatred exhibited on this forum, perhaps I would have had second thoughts about purchasing one.

Pentax has always been my first love, my very first single lens reflex film camera was a Pentax.
I was over the moon when news of the K-5 was first announced but wisely waited for the bugs to be eliminated before making my purchase. (very few new products are marketed without having some unknown or known flaw)

The Pentax K-5 is the best camera that I have used since becoming interested in photography way back in 1947!

It seems like yesterday, my grammar school class photos were taken with a Plate Camera mounted on a wooden tripod. The flash held up at arms length, rather gingerly, by an assistant waiting for the flash powder to ignite!

I have a suggestion, how about renaming this thread to "No more K-5 groans & moans, just pictures"?

Any legit K-5 problems being consigned to a separate troubleshooting section.

Regards,

I haven't noticed any grumbling at all in this thread? Just a lot of great photos. Grumbling and bitching is human nature, not limited to Pentax, cameras, or anything else on earth....it is a "human condition". I first noticed it when I was only a few weeks old and peed on someones lap.......

Meanwhile, the K5 is a Dream Camera, a few may be in "denial", but most of us recognize it for what it is, a fantastic machine like no Pentaxian has ever owned before.

None of my previous cameras would have got this shot, and although no where near perfect, I kind of like it!
Painted Bunting
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
05-08-2011, 10:23 AM   #854

QuoteOriginally posted by peasant Quote
Got me scratching my head too.Having participated in a couple of threads lately the conversation seems to be more about coping with what you've got than enjoying the new offering,not always of benefit to the OP.
I have moaned and moaned about that on this forum. THIS thread is what it should be all about... showing of the great shots the K5 can produce.

woody
05-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #855
Col
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I haven't noticed any grumbling at all in this thread? Just a lot of great photos. Grumbling and bitching is human nature, not limited to Pentax, cameras, or anything else on earth....it is a "human condition". I first noticed it when I was only a few weeks old and peed on someones lap.......

Meanwhile, the K5 is a Dream Camera, a few may be in "denial", but most of us recognize it for what it is, a fantastic machine like no Pentaxian has ever owned before.

None of my previous cameras would have got this shot, and although no where near perfect, I kind of like it!
This K-5 is a beautiful camera, you put a lens on it that you've stopped enjoying and suddenly you're in love again. Lenses seem sharper and certainly more responsive, and you want to celebrate with zinging colours. I too now take pictures of Dandelions in full flower and not their seedheads.

All shot with the much maligned (DA*16-50mm)

as for reaching into those strong shadows, even at ISO400, I mean wow!
No HDR processing, just a curves adjustment.

My neighbour who actually purchased my K10D when I upgraded to the K20D took the same shot and we could barely pull out the steering mechanism and chain let alone make out the ash pile.

I'm also not sure about comments as to AWB, it seems to handle practically everything. Certainly doesn't fail for impromptu portraits in a yellowing marquee!

The K-5 is so good that you can ignore it. Next week I think its time to get in touch with the DA21Ltd again.
Absolutely no apologies for enthusing.