Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2572 Likes Search this Thread
05-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #3121
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Crosshair Quote
@dr_romix very nice! how do you manage not to get so much sharpness, so bright colors and no noise in these shots?
I used Topaz and Nik software PP...

05-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #3122
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
@Crosshair - very nice.

Here are a couple throwaways from a recent gig - both shot with the Sigma 70~200 FLD OS...

05-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #3123
Veteran Member

thank you
05-15-2012, 05:56 AM   #3124
Veteran Member

Re-developed version.

05-15-2012, 07:06 AM   #3125
Forum Member

some where in asia.. in sunny day

05-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #3126
Veteran Member

Great skies and colours, mr. wizard! I would really like, however, to take a crack at straightening out the buildings in the first and third photos. This kind of lens distortion really spoils the photos for me.
05-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #3127
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots mrjamesabels and joe.penn !

Click on the photos for details...

05-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #3128
Veteran Member

I like the collection, FS999; the pelican (?) is good technique!
05-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #3129
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RM Barker Quote
Great skies and colours, mr. wizard! I would really like, however, to take a crack at straightening out the buildings in the first and third photos. This kind of lens distortion really spoils the photos for me.
RM baker.. thanks..
but i dont understand what do you mean by "to take a crack at straightening out the buildings in the first and third photos".
If you could tell me more so that i can learn something here.. i use DA16-50mm for thie shoot.
05-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #3130
Veteran Member

@fs999 nice colors!
05-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #3131

@ Joe.Penn -
QuoteQuote:
Here are a couple throwaways from a recent gig
Wow, throwaways?? Amazing quality, I'd love to see what you consider your good ones! Do you have a facebook page or deviantart page?
05-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #3132
Veteran Member

mr.wizard: I'm sorry about the colloquialisms, "take a crack at" simply means "to try fixing". As far as I know, it is not the fault of your lens, it is simply what lenses do in certain circumstances. In the circumstances of your first photo, straight-edged buildings tend to "lean" inward, a problem with the name, "Perspective distortion". When we were using film in our cameras, there was nothing you could do about the problem; with digital, you can. Common editing software fixes the distortion very readily. Personally, I use both Adobe Photoshop Elements (versions 8 to 10 ) and Adobe Lightroom 4, both of which work well not only with perspective distortion, but with pin-cushion and barrel distortions and vignetting. If you give me permission to do so, I would show you the results of applying these techniques to your own photograph, the first one. Your third photo might be more difficult because the leaning subjects are so close. Fixing the distortion will end up having to crop a significant part of the bottom which will really spoil your photo. Perhaps, other members will be able to help you better than I can. Are we looking at downtown Kuala Lumpur? Bob Barker
05-16-2012, 07:13 AM   #3133
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RM Barker Quote
mr.wizard: I'm sorry about the colloquialisms, "take a crack at" simply means "to try fixing". As far as I know, it is not the fault of your lens, it is simply what lenses do in certain circumstances. In the circumstances of your first photo, straight-edged buildings tend to "lean" inward, a problem with the name, "Perspective distortion". When we were using film in our cameras, there was nothing you could do about the problem; with digital, you can. Common editing software fixes the distortion very readily. Personally, I use both Adobe Photoshop Elements (versions 8 to 10 ) and Adobe Lightroom 4, both of which work well not only with perspective distortion, but with pin-cushion and barrel distortions and vignetting. If you give me permission to do so, I would show you the results of applying these techniques to your own photograph, the first one. Your third photo might be more difficult because the leaning subjects are so close. Fixing the distortion will end up having to crop a significant part of the bottom which will really spoil your photo. Perhaps, other members will be able to help you better than I can. Are we looking at downtown Kuala Lumpur? Bob Barker
Hi RM baker..
thanks for your time to explain to me..
Now i understand. For the first time i thought the lean building is some kind of art in here
before this i shoot in AF mode this thing never happend but this time i use manual focus and this lean thing appeared.
I'll take note on this in future.
btw yes this at Kuala Lumpur.
05-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #3134
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
On top of Sgurr an Fhidlheir at dawn - the view was in the opposite direction to be honest but I just liked the first light hitting the rocky outcrop.

05-17-2012, 10:05 AM - 1 Like   #3135
Veteran Member

Mr. Wizard: I was going to just let it pass, but, I do not think the perspective distortion has anything to do with whether you use auto or manual focus. Suggestion: go back to the same site where you took the picture of the buildings in the distance; take pictures using both auto and manual focus and closely compare the results, with repect to the perspective. GThere are many good books on the subject, including Physics books.