Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow, there is clearly a bug somewhere.

I just tried LV with the flash mounted. I couldn't reproduce the blur but I see something interesting: when the flash is mounted the mirror is flipping once the shutter is triggered (which is probably to meter the flash as this is not possible in LV).

11-27-2010, 04:43 PM   #17

About blurry pics with K5 I do find an other reason in my shooting in the first days with the camera. I do use a tamron 17-55 2.8 no VC lens en this one is callibrated on the camera by PENTAX . (after having had heavy frontfocussing problem at initital delivery )
Now at good light the focus is spot on but as soon the light gets dimmer the camera/lens combo frontfocusses again. For example in a normally lit room in the evening I make a head shoulder porttrait with 55mm 2.8 with flash on.
AF on the eye I find most of the shots off focus . Also 100% not moving objects show the same front focus result in this light conditions.
Same situation in good daylight does not show any frontfocussing.
Is this a K5 issue or a lense issue and should I try an other lense ?
Thanks a lot for your input.