Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2011, 07:40 PM   #241
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cannikin Quote
Tell me about it. It's been only 1.5 weeks since I sent mine off, and I am sorely missing it and all its awesome features every minute.

As for email, dunno I've had a good experience using their customer service email form. They returned my email within 24 hours, and sent my claim off to their offices to provide me a free shipping label, all on New Year's Eve(!).

It's been over a week now since I got confirmation from UPS that my camera had arrived at Pentax, though, and I haven't heard a thing from them. I'm thinking I should ask them sometime next week for some kind of update/confirmation.
I used the customer service email form and it took 6 days to get a response. When I sent them back a reply on that, well it was a week and a half ago and I'm still waiting...

01-15-2011, 02:12 AM   #242
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tell me about it. It's been only 1.5 weeks since I sent mine off, and I am sorely missing it and all its awesome features every minute.
5 weeks here (in a few days).

Have been told there is a possibility I may get one next week.
01-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #243
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
5 weeks here (in a few days).

Have been told there is a possibility I may get one next week.
That completely, totally and unequivocally sucks.
01-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #244
Inactive Account

That old devil called stains

Hi there received a replacement from Clifton cameras and checked it this evening and yes the stains are there, however they are around the outer edge of the sensor as opposed to being in the centre as they were on the previous body..Cliftons have been very good and to be fair there has been no quibbling from Johnsons who checked the first camera.

I was told that there were no replacements due in to the country until the 27 Jan so I shall hold off sending this back until at least then. I am disappointed but hopeful it will be sorted by pentax, almost forgot this serial no starts 395, on a separate note how can you find out when it was produced?

01-15-2011, 04:30 PM   #245
Inactive Account

Has anyone purchase a k-5 from pentaximaging.com and had a sensor stain ? ..tx
01-16-2011, 05:48 AM   #246
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's been over a week now since I got confirmation from UPS that my camera had arrived at Pentax, though, and I haven't heard a thing from them. I'm thinking I should ask them sometime next week for some kind of update/confirmation.
I would call them and get the repair order number and your customer number because you can check on-line for the statis and when they ship it back it will show the tracking number.
Check here

Last edited by OrenMc; 01-16-2011 at 06:40 AM.
01-16-2011, 10:56 AM   #247
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by myeates Quote
..., on a separate note how can you find out when it was produced?
Open a photo (taken with your K-5) in PhotoME ( PhotoME - Exif, IPTC & ICC Metadata Editor )

In the long list under the main section Manufacturer notes, there is a sub-section with these parameters:
Pentax Model
Manufacture Data?
Camera has been serviced?
Production ID?
Internal Serial Number?

It’s a long list. Just scroll down to the bottom and then about three pages up again.

01-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #248
Inactive Account

Ei ole ollut mitään vikoja Pentax K-5.
01-16-2011, 04:41 PM   #249
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wiker Quote
Open a photo (taken with your K-5) in PhotoME ( PhotoME - Exif, IPTC & ICC Metadata Editor )

In the long list under the main section Manufacturer notes, there is a sub-section with these parameters:
Pentax Model
Manufacture Data?
Camera has been serviced?
Production ID?
Internal Serial Number?

It’s a long list. Just scroll down to the bottom and then about three pages up again.
Or, for a slightly easier and faster option, press "Ctrl + F" or click on the magnifiying glass icon at the top left of the PhotoME window to bring up the filter bar, and type in "Manufacture Date".
01-20-2011, 01:45 AM   #250
Inactive Account

got my replacement today... clean as a whistle.. S/N 3924612

Now if it can take a pic i will be a happy camper.
01-20-2011, 04:20 AM   #251
Veteran Member

Pentax Canada has received my camera over 2 weeks ago and I still have not heard a peep from them... I have to admit my patience is wearing thin with them.

Pat
01-20-2011, 05:48 AM   #252
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garyk Quote
got my replacement today... clean as a whistle.. S/N 3924612

Now if it can take a pic i will be a happy camper.
+1 for the info gary... where'd ya get this 'clean' k-5???
i'm gettin' ready to buy and figure your seller has some stain free inventory...
i hope .... thanks, dave m
01-20-2011, 06:27 AM   #253
Inactive Account

dcmsox2004
I ordered mine directly from japan. I live in thailand so easier for me. But I ordered from an e-bay dealer. And I will tell you it is the best seller i have ever seen. My first one came with staines he paid for the shipping back and checked the next one for me. I had a replacement in 5 days from the day i shipped the old one back i believe.
Ogt-clan is the name of the seller on e-bay.

I am orginally from America, and was very hesitant about ordering from Japan. I will tell you I will order all of my gear from Japan from now on. They are that good. I also bought two sigma lenses and had to go thru sigma japan for service. It is just first rate and fast service also.

Maybe i just had good luck, but twice in a row is pretty good i think.

Good luck, Gary
01-20-2011, 08:31 AM   #254
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garyk Quote
dcmsox2004
I ordered mine directly from japan. I live in thailand so easier for me. But I ordered from an e-bay dealer. And I will tell you it is the best seller i have ever seen. My first one came with staines he paid for the shipping back and checked the next one for me. I had a replacement in 5 days from the day i shipped the old one back i believe.
Ogt-clan is the name of the seller on e-bay.

I am orginally from America, and was very hesitant about ordering from Japan. I will tell you I will order all of my gear from Japan from now on. They are that good. I also bought two sigma lenses and had to go thru sigma japan for service. It is just first rate and fast service also.

Maybe i just had good luck, but twice in a row is pretty good i think.

Good luck, Gary
thanks gary.... i checked out their ebay site.... 99.9% feedback.. too bad for us in the states that the warranty is for japan..... enjoy your k-5..... dave m
01-20-2011, 09:39 AM   #255
Forum Member

I bought my K-5 in Tokyo in MAPCAMERA and paid no tax and got international warranty with no additional price. After paying in store I check the body with my own lens and saw the stains.. With no question asked got a new one. BTW - at the store I logged in to this forum to show them the stain problem.

2. After using the camera for few x00 pictures an LV - I noticed the string of pearls at the upper center of the sensor and it's visible on the sensor too. Have a ref pictures at F22 and F45 from the purchase date and it wasn't there. It is possible ???
Closed Thread