Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-05-2010, 11:20 PM   #121
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
Totally agree. Despite having found the issue at hand, it shows up in exactly none of the actual photos I have taken with the camera to date - so, it is not pressing for me.
The same for me. I prefer to wait a definitive solution by pentax.

12-05-2010, 11:55 PM   #122
Veteran Member

I am curious if any D7000 owners are reporting the same issue...having the same sensor and all...wonder if its a Sony issue?

Jason
12-06-2010, 02:19 AM   #123
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I would need 100% crop images of the stains at f/16, f/22, f/32.
I hope this is ok (I know it's not perfect, I was in a hurry). Focused on infinity, distance approx. 10cm.

Last edited by simico; 12-06-2010 at 02:27 AM.
12-06-2010, 02:41 AM   #124
Closed Account

Totally agree. Despite having found the issue at hand, it shows up in exactly none of the actual photos I have taken with the camera to date - so, it is not pressing for me.
This is true for me, too. Of course, I/we don't know if the problem will get worse (for some reason). That's the only slight concern I have at this point.

12-06-2010, 02:48 AM   #125
Veteran Member

Despite having found the issue at hand, it shows up in exactly none of the actual photos I have taken with the camera to date
I guess you don't take macro shots. In macro, where f/16-f/22 is quite common for DOF, these spots show up and can ruin the shot. Actually, I had noticed this issue on my macro shots (f/22-f/32 required due to razor thin DOF at 3:1 magnification) first, but I thought it was just normal dust. Only later I discovered it's not normal dust.
12-06-2010, 02:49 AM   #126
Veteran Member

Reported my problem at the begin of this post. Little follow up. Yesterday I took the camera to the shop where it was bought. The specks were noted and of course one was of the opinion that it was nothing but some dust and that they could clean it up. After three trials my camera was no longer dust free, the number of specks had increased, now consisting of the original ones that of course never moved, and some happily moving about new ones (dust alert). One was of the opinion that the problem was solved and that it was just some dust. Unfortunately for them I could easily show them the original stains again. Unmoved, still sitting tight. I was sent away and told to come back today, the repair service is next. This is the problem here in Holland. I never get easy exchanges. Always this pattern of it is you the client that has done something stupid, or just sees it wrong, or, anyway. Then it starts. I had this with a lens too, discentering, (da17-70) and it took all in all three months to have it back, repaired, sort of. Not the topic. Anyway, I am looking really forward to this trip. Here I go again. I wonder what will happen. The least I want is them to remove the dust they introduced.
12-06-2010, 04:01 AM   #127

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
he stain issue and the hot pixel issue have nothing to do with each other. Better ask a question if not sure.
Falk,

Schraubstocks request has nothing to do with hot pixels. Some people noticed that the stains seem to multiply over time, and if that were the case, it doesn't seem far fetched either to expect that a flawless sensor doesn't necessarily stay flawless.

I'm not sure where I read the hypothesis that it may have to do with heat, but it doesn't matter either. I guess we're all stabbing in the dark here as far as the origin of that problem is concerned.

12-06-2010, 05:10 AM   #128

Serial nr 38227**
Heavy stains.

Pinhole
F22

Already sent to service, ETA: 3 weeks . Well, it's better than never i guess.
12-06-2010, 05:40 AM   #129
Inactive Account

I see that some users have posted on the DPR Nikon forum the fact that K5 owners have identified a sensor problem.
Be interesing to see what develops bearing in mind that the 7000 uses the same or at least a very similar sensor.
dino1
12-06-2010, 05:45 AM   #130
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pscl57 Quote
The same for me. I prefer to wait a definitive solution by pentax.
Bring a snack--it may be a long wait.

Like you, I'm predisposed to look to Pentax for a response but experience suggests it aintgonnahappen.

I'm resigned that I'm going to have to send it to CO eventually but suspect they're not geared up right now (in terms of staffing or parts inventory) to address this issue expeditiously given the volume of demand.

In any case, mine has a mild case, I rarely shoot above f8, we're in the middle of the dim-gym basketball season and the holiday low-light casual portrait opportunities are on the horizon so I figure I'll wait a bit anyway.
12-06-2010, 06:42 AM   #131
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by simico Quote
I guess you don't take macro shots. In macro, where f/16-f/22 is quite common for DOF, these spots show up and can ruin the shot. Actually, I had noticed this issue on my macro shots (f/22-f/32 required due to razor thin DOF at 3:1 magnification) first, but I thought it was just normal dust. Only later I discovered it's not normal dust.
I do on occasion and absolutely realize if that were my main form of photography this would be a much bigger issue. For my upcoming trip though, the macro lenses will be staying at home; I simply can't worry about this yet because I know there is zero chance I would get a replacement within 15 days, which is when I would need it for our trip to Italy.
12-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #132
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MrPetkus Quote
I wish I wasn't so consistently impulsive. There was no pressing reason to upgrade to the K5 but no, I had to have it.
No offense or other ill intent, but I am thinking that professional consistency is exact opposite of impulsiveness... Just a thought for you to ponder.

I am starting to think that I will not be getting K-5. I am reasonably content with K-7 although I know that I could enjoy K-5, I can still use K-7 may be even until Pentax introduces yet another flagship camera after K-5. I still have those gigs for my daughter to shoot and I am no pro by any meaningful measure.
12-06-2010, 06:57 AM   #133
Veteran Member

at least nobody talks about shutterblurrr anymore
12-06-2010, 07:11 AM   #134
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
at least nobody talks about shutterblurrr anymore
But he is still there .....

LG
Hartmut
12-06-2010, 07:12 AM   #135
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hs57 Quote
I know I know but we are talking about a 2.5 pixels blurr on 3264 pixels...
Closed Thread