Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2010, 08:57 AM   #181

[langtitle=fr]Taches sur capteur du K5[/langtitle]

Bonjour.C'est un trés bel appareil et de hautes performances,mais ,malheureusement le capteur à des taches impossible à enlever soi même.Donc cet aprés-midi je l'ai renvoyé chez mon vendeur par Cronopost (48 euros)Il faut attendre.Cordialement à tous.

12-28-2010, 09:32 AM   #182
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Jean, j'ai envoyer mon appareil a Pentax France il y a une semaine. J'attend un reponse. J'espere qu'ils le remplacent, mais on vera . .
12-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #183
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
sensor marks

I have managed to provide a link to a larger image thanks to my son, the highlighted areas are the marks, I have run the sensor clean and none of the marks were picked up! Any comments welcome.

imgur: the simple image sharer
12-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #184
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by myeates Quote
I have managed to provide a link to a larger image thanks to my son, the highlighted areas are the marks, I have run the sensor clean and none of the marks were picked up! Any comments welcome.

imgur: the simple image sharer
The string in the middle doesn't look good to me, the rest look like dust when viewed in my work computer (which franlky is crappy).

12-28-2010, 07:47 PM   #185

Another K-5 with stains in France

I contacted Pentax France, who told me to get a new one from the retailer (Pixmania), which I will do as soon as I return to France. For the moment, I'm hooting as wide open as possible and cloning -- not good.
12-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #186

I have a 387 series K-5 with the classic string of pearls (in response to the earlier comment regarding which serials were most affected)

Also, I'm not sure if the discussion about spots which develop over time was in this thread or another, but I now see a second string above the first string which looks similar to the first string. I have shot with a fairly large number of combinations of F-stop and ISO in early as well as late shots, so I think it is unlikely that I simply did not sample the stain "sweet spot" before.

Last edited by Maxn; 12-28-2010 at 08:04 PM. Reason: did not specify which post I was responding to
12-29-2010, 06:08 AM   #187
Forum Member

Bad news, still no sign of a replacement K5. Will give them until Friday and then chase it up. This is make or break for Pentax and me. I have used the brand for decades and all my DSLRs have been Pentax. This is, however, the most expensive consumer item I have ever bought and I am not seeing a level of commitment to the product that expect for such an outlay. So there might be a whole shed load of Pentax stuff on eBay in a few week's time.

12-29-2010, 06:27 AM   #188
Administrator
Site Webmaster

As a reminder guys, make sure you post your defective (or not) serial numbers here: Pentax K-5 Serial Numbers - Pentax Serial Number Database - PentaxForums.com

Also, I read in another post that the stain can be physically cleaned off the sensor. Maybe removing it is better than getting the entire camera replaced?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-29-2010, 07:33 AM   #189
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tringle WP Quote
Bad news, still no sign of a replacement K5. Will give them until Friday and then chase it up..
Holidayseason is not the best time of the year to use these tight schedules, More often than nog deliveries are delayed because of many reason, the weather being one of them
12-29-2010, 09:36 AM   #190
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
As a reminder guys, make sure you post your defective (or not) serial numbers here: Pentax K-5 Serial Numbers - Pentax Serial Number Database - PentaxForums.com

Also, I read in another post that the stain can be physically cleaned off the sensor. Maybe removing it is better than getting the entire camera replaced?
I don't care what they do, just as long as they fix it and PDQ at that. I also feel, quite frankly, that some compensation is called for, not least for the expenses incurred in sending the damned things in for rectification.

I have already posted my defective camera's serial number in the poll thread. Do you wanted it posted somewhere else too?
12-29-2010, 09:49 AM   #191
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Seems to be some confusion about this. Most of the posts I've read said the stain couldn't be removed by cleaning, including one that said their dealer tried and failed. There was one post stating they were successful in removing a stain by cleaning, but I wonder if they really had a stain or if their problem was dust.
12-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #192
Inactive Account

I spoke to my dealer Cliftons Cameras today he advised that Pentax were aware of the fault and that it was between a filter and the sensor which would confirm it could not be cleaned off with a sensor clean, my camera is to be sent to Johnsons (I'm in the UK) to check with a loupe to confirm problem after which a replacement will be shipped directly from Belgium to me.

I am assuming that those cameras are ok and no faults have been reported. I have had a serious dent in my decision to buy into the brand as a result of this, I would say that I have been very pleased with what I have been told via my dealer and his service, it's just a disappointment I guess.

As I mentioned previously I jumped from Olympus to Pentax primarily because of the lens selection and of course the K5. I'm just hoping I don't regret this, my investment is over £3000 when I calculate the lenses I have bought to go with this.

I will update any news I have re this saga, and will append the serial number to the link..happy snapping out there.
12-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #193
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by myeates Quote
I spoke to my dealer Cliftons Cameras today he advised that Pentax were aware of the fault and that it was between a filter and the sensor which would confirm it could not be cleaned off with a sensor clean, my camera is to be sent to Johnsons (I'm in the UK) to check with a loupe to confirm problem after which a replacement will be shipped directly from Belgium to me.

Johnsons don't reopen from their holidays until the 4th January. Mine has been in limbo for 2 weeks now .. I returned it to Mifsuds via special delivery 2 weeks ago yesterday and it arrived next day. They in turn sent it to Johnsons and it seems the courier couldn't deliver it because of the snow (even though Royal mail could). Presumably it is now sat in some warehouse all cold and miserable until some kind driver takes pity and decides to deliver it when Johnsons get back from their (very long) break.
12-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #194
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Maxn Quote
I contacted Pentax France, who told me to get a new one from the retailer (Pixmania), which I will do as soon as I return to France. For the moment, I'm hooting as wide open as possible and cloning -- not good.
Strange, Pentax France simply told me they would "Contact me again soon re/ this issue". Well that was almost 2 weeks ago, but it's holiday season and I didn't really expect any prompt action. I called them 2 days ago for the focus issue (as my K-5 suffers both…) and it seems they had somewhat lost track of my request. Oh well.
They promised they would call-me-back-soon-really-this-time, but never advised me to get a new one from my retailer.
They also said the AF problem would "probably" be solved with a firmware update "in January"
12-30-2010, 03:11 AM   #195
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
Johnsons don't reopen from their holidays until the 4th January. Mine has been in limbo for 2 weeks now .. I returned it to Mifsuds via special delivery 2 weeks ago yesterday and it arrived next day. They in turn sent it to Johnsons and it seems the courier couldn't deliver it because of the snow (even though Royal mail could). Presumably it is now sat in some warehouse all cold and miserable until some kind driver takes pity and decides to deliver it when Johnsons get back from their (very long) break. __________________
Thanks for that, I have to say that Cliftons have been very good they are arranging collection from me for next week, they did say it would not be collected until after the 4th I guess they are aware of the closure. I will keep you posted.
Closed Thread