Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2010, 12:17 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
K-5 users in US, where?

For K-5 users in the US, where are you sending your K-5 to be "repaired"? To Pentax USA or other authorized repair facility? This is for those of us who are beyond the return time of the camera, and stuck dealing with this.
I also want to mention that the place that sold me the camera, will not return emails now. Great supplier. Will not be getting anything else from him in the future.

12-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I have to do a more serious test to make sure I have the spot problem. Unfortunately getting it fixed will have to wait until after my wife and I go to Italy for our tenth anniversary. At least the specific settings at which the problem becomes visible won't affect any photos I'll be taking while traveling. I am just going to sit tight and wait for the official response...
12-05-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vario Quote
For K-5 users in the US, where are you sending your K-5 to be "repaired"? To Pentax USA or other authorized repair facility? This is for those of us who are beyond the return time of the camera, and stuck dealing with this.
I also want to mention that the place that sold me the camera, will not return emails now. Great supplier. Will not be getting anything else from him in the future.
Call them. If your posting history is dated accurately for the time you purchased the camera, there shouldn't be a problem with exchange for defect. You aren't returning for a refund.

12-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
From their website it states " You must contact us within 7 days if there is a problem. And it must be returned within 14 days." Tomorrow is 14 days which i had the camera, and did not discover the problem until last Friday, so it puts me out of their timeline. I am still waiting to see if they respond to a friendly email i sent them.

12-05-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good luck.