Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

K5 Printer Rebate Deal

Has anyone done this with the Epson Stylus R1900? I would really like to buy the printer and then sell it for $250-$300 and put that money towards "discounting" the camera. Only thing is I don't want to be stuck with the printer if I can't sell it. So this post has two functions:

1) Have you done this and sold the printer on ebay or the marketplace? If so, what did you get for it?

2) If you are interested in buying a $500 printer for $300, PM me so we can set up something where I'll ship the printer to you once I receive it.

I apologize if this is inappropriate to post in this forum, but I couldn't think of anywhere else and was also curious about other's luck with this deal. I figured the K5 forum would be best since the rebate deal applies to purchasing new cameras.

12-05-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Use ebay's "completed listings" feature in search and you will be able to see how all the sales went for the past week.
12-05-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by soppy Quote
2) If you are interested in buying a $500 printer for $300, PM me so we can set up something where I'll ship the printer to you once I receive it.
Selling stuff on PF outside of the marketplace will get you banned. Careful!

But yeah, this printer deal sounds like it can save you a good two hundred bucks.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sorry, I didn't really think it would fit in the marketplace since I dont yet actually have the printer. I'm simply trying to reduce the risk of being stuck with a printer I dont want/need. If you would like me to remove the second part just let me know and I will.

12-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

No need to remove it- just make sure you're a site supporter when you get around to selling it on here (if you do)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #6
Pentaxian

THis printer can be use with any DSLR . The post have nothing to do with the K-5 as this printer deal is good with almaost any DSLRand iT's a promotion of Epson
12-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery
If I am not mistaken, currently there are 2 Epson rebates: $450 if you the printer with the DSLR, and $200 if you buy the printer alone. Given that, I imagine it would be pretty hard to sell the printer for $300 since one can buy a new one for that price.

I actually took advantage of the $450 rebate when I bought my K5 for the total price of $1535 after rebate. I love the printer and will not be selling it!
12-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
macTak, thanks for the tip for ebay, I see many of them are going for around $300 or more (a few in the $250's as well).

shnikus, this is a really good point. Perhaps the people on ebay just aren't looking for the rebates? Maybe I'll buy it and sell it after the rebate expires since it's over on the 1st of the new year.

12-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I got that deal (not with k-5 but with another camera). I sold the printer on ebay and it went for 246$. Because of the 450 rebate, there is a flood of these on ebay. You won't be able to get 300 I think...
Epson is selling it for 350 (free shipping).

cheers
12-06-2010, 06:06 AM   #10
Pentaxian

In addition to the flood of these printers in the market, there is a flood of reviews on Amazon.

Take a look at what users think of this machine, particularly users with significant experience.

I'm considering this same plan but selling it back to my local shop for $150 if they'd pay that. I couldn't take a chance and sell it to a friend.