Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
OK. So is there anybody who had this problem and GOT iT FIXED by warranty?

That is the No1. question..because if PENTAX admits that there is a problem that means repairs under warranty are done in a much easier way..don't need to go back several times to prove them something is wrong..

that is the point..even if it affects only few units..

Andras

12-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
These kinds of threads are what is annoying.
If you have a problem with your camera, get it fixed.
There is nothing complicated about this concept.

Pack it up and take it to your local Pentax dealer and have it repaired.
Pack it up and mail it back to your mail order Pentax dealer and have it repaired.
Pack it up and send it to Pentax directly and have it repaired.
Pack it up and take it back to your local Pentax dealer for a refund.
Pack it up and send it back to your mail order Pentax dealer for a refund.

Sorry, I've probably over complicated it.
Pick one of the five options above, try to choose the one that best fits your lifestyle.
If this thread ANNOYS you please do NOT read it..MAYBE THIS READING DOES NOT FIT YOUR LIFESTYLE my friend..but if that is the case why are you reading this forum at all??

Regards, Andras

Last edited by planedriver; 12-07-2010 at 01:44 PM.
12-07-2010, 01:55 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by planedriver Quote
why are you reading this forum at all??

Regards, Andras
The sad fact is, some things are just to fascinating to ignore.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 02-05-2011 at 08:44 PM.
12-07-2010, 01:55 PM   #19
Rin
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robgo2 Quote
When a real scientist and technogeek, such as Falk Lumo (falconeye,) says that there is a problem, then I tend to believe it. Just how widespread and significant it is in practical terms remains to be seen.

Rob
Well to be honest i do not think you ened to be a technogeek to figure out if you have real stains on your sensor or not. i simply took a photo of the sensor with a macro lens en i could clearly see there was stuff under the filter.

However people like Falk have great knowledge for analyzing these kind of situations.

My first thought when seeing the spots though were that it was some dried up adhesive since it really resembles those kind of spots that i saw on for example lcd screens.

12-07-2010, 02:03 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
If the problem concerns the sensor, then the sensor's maker is more responsible than the camera's manufacturer. But Pentax should take responsibility as well, and solve the issue between itself and Sony...
Basically it is the responsibility for the manufacturer of the end product to provide customer support. Even if Sony is 100% responsible for the "stain", it is still Pentax's job to provide the customer support. What goes on between Pentax and Sony in this regard is between Pentax and Sony.

NaCl(otherwise we'd have to deal with a myriad of vendors for every product)H2O
12-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #21
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
The sad fact is, some things are just to fascinating to ignore.
This is just playing with the words (and images)..I am very good at it too...well maybe not so good in English...so keep it clear please:

There are long time Pentax users, forum members (not to mention those who came here to seek advice) who experienced this problem..

..and we all paid a huge amount of money for this...

...now in this capitalist world which I hate everything is about money..

...none of us who bought this camera got paid if the work we DO is not done by 100%..so it's natural that WE ask questions..and..

...is there any forum, board or whatever I could gather as much as information as I could get if I encounter a situation like that?..I guess NO.

Andras
12-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Basically it is the responsibility for the manufacturer of the end product to provide customer support. Even if Sony is 100% responsible for the "stain", it is still Pentax's job to provide the customer support. What goes on between Pentax and Sony in this regard is between Pentax and Sony.

NaCl(otherwise we'd have to deal with a myriad of vendors for every product)H2O
It's what I meant to say.
12-07-2010, 02:36 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Will someone please post a real world photo showing the "string of pearls" stain and not a test shot?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/125130-real-photos-not-t...ls-stains.html

If someone can manage that then that gives everyone with an issue more leverage to make Pentax do something. If not, then this is just Pentax's version of the Nikon light leak:

The Nikon issue, AFAIK, did not affect real photographs, just people trying to recreate the problem by taking photos with the distance window NEXT TO THE SUN.

Don't people have better things to do, like take photographs?

12-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter

@causey OK, I do warranty analysis for the wonderful folks what make the subway cars for NYC, so I get involved in brouhahas like this on a distressingly frequent basis. Didn't mean to sound pedantic or anything.

NaCl(what is REALLY fun is when the subvendor of a part or subsystem has gone out of business)H2O
12-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #25
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Will someone please post a real world photo showing the "string of pearls" stain and not a test shot?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/125130-real-photos-not-t...ls-stains.html

If someone can manage that then that gives everyone with an issue more leverage to make Pentax do something. If not, then this is just Pentax's version of the Nikon light leak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhEZssWmAsM

The Nikon issue, AFAIK, did not affect real photographs, just people trying to recreate the problem by taking photos with the distance window NEXT TO THE SUN.

Ok..so what we see on those (TEST) pictures is normal..no problem with that..but then why doesn't it look like the rest of the wall? the theme of our TEST?
12-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhEZssWmAsM

John, don't know if you noticed this in the thread you started but here is a clear example of the stains showing up in a "norma" photo
this is pretty blatant

NaCl(yep it exsists in the real world)H2O
12-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yeah, they do- the k5 itself is an example. I'm not sure how much of this recent stain talk is true, and how much is just dust, though. Sounds awfully probable that it's more of the second.
You must be right. Random people are freaking out, and posting photoshopped images of some ugly stains on two popular photography forums. On both forums the response is overwhelming...using a camera that has almost NO market share...

Must be a conspiracy.
12-07-2010, 02:53 PM   #28
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dexmus Quote
You must be right. Random people are freaking out, and posting photoshopped images of some ugly stains on two popular photography forums. On both forums the response is overwhelming...using a camera that has almost NO market share...

Must be a conspiracy.
Well said...

Yes it is a conspiracy close the thread and be happy with what you have..just like in the Communism
12-07-2010, 03:25 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
John, don't know if you noticed this in the thread you started but here is a clear example of the stains showing up in a "norma" photo
this is pretty blatant

NaCl(yep it exsists in the real world)H2O
Yup, noted and added. Right now we have an epidemic of one.
12-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Yup, noted and added. Right now we have an epidemic of one.
the photos that were posted were taken in this 'real' world only
Not sure, what sort of pictures you are asking for (any sky picture will show it...) but there is one example in m80's thread (titled like - amazing amount of fill light in ISO 80). He could not get it removed by cleaning.

fanboys will be fanboys. No matter what. We should be able to point out defects in a company we love.
When someone found the flash issue, many people said - 'I never shoot with external flash. Not a real issue'
Now for this issue, many are saying 'I never shoot above f8'.

It is very similar to the Apple worship cult. When there was a reception problem with the new iPhone, people said 'Well, that's not the correct way to hold a phone', or 'I always have the cover on'...

I think tomorrow, if k-5 starts shooting fireballs and destroying all kittens in the world, people will go...meh...who likes cats, they serve no purpose