Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
12-11-2010, 07:57 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
*runs to delete unboxing video*

Nothing to see here..

12-11-2010, 09:36 AM   #62
Veteran Member

My logical and factual comment to his video was removed and I was blocked. What a cheeser.

Jason
12-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Let me see now. The Nikon is superior to the K5 because:

1. An alleged miniscule ISO quality advantage
2. The K7 autofocus isn't as good (weren't we comparing the K5?)

All reviews I've seen, and my own experience. is that the K5 autofocus performance is quite good - certainly light years ahead of my older K200D. And I'm delighted with the ISO performance. I'm a happy camper, and love many features of the K5 that the Nikon doesn't have.

Bottom line: this guy is a shill for Nikon because he sells them. Worth ignoring.

John
12-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Looks like the OP is blocking all the Pentax responses

12-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #65
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Check out page 2 of the comments. It's all comment deleted.
12-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HeavyD Quote
Yes, but your friend can walk in to any Best Buy, (even Walmart now,) and buy lenses for his Nikon. Can you say that??? NO!!! And don't give me that "Pentax has great primes" arguement. New "modern" lens selection sucks. I didn't have an issue with my K7 itself, it was lack of lenses and poor availability, plus poor p-ttl with an external flash, but thats another story. Pentax is the "Hyundai" of the camera world, good, but never good enough.
Your right, I can buy Nikon's crappy "kit" zooms at WalMart. Yippie. Let me jump in my car right now and run down there. Oh wait, I almost forgot! I can buy a k-x with both of the (much better) kit zooms for less than the cost of a comparable Nikon body.

Troll fails at trolling.
12-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #67
Veteran Member

Revenge

This guy removed my comment?

edit: OK, I admit that I was being a troll... but this guy s_cks. Poor Nikonians, you deserve better than this.

Last edited by Manel Brand; 05-10-2011 at 12:24 PM.
12-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #68
Veteran Member

this is what he said : "I have no problem with conflicting opinions. If people want to be rude, swear, and act like internet trolls, then I delete them."

well, I guess the only troll worth deleting is he and his video

edit: Manel Brand already revealed who is the troll
12-11-2010, 04:09 PM   #69
Veteran Member

This troll is the master of trolls,so he can delete what he want
12-11-2010, 11:21 PM   #70
Veteran Member

That video makes me want to puke. Nikon users should be embarrassed. I know I am.

The K-5 deserves recognition. This guy had nothing but the D7000 as the "high ISO crown"

My favorite part is when he said "So the Nikon D7000 beats it in high ISO images quality....so....it beats it there" What a load. I watched a bunch of his other videos, he strokes the D7000 a lot... and in his "review" he has zero cons. He also wears a shirt in one of his videos "I may be wrong, but I doubt it"
12-12-2010, 04:30 AM   #71
Veteran Member

I think more canikons users go here since i think the pentaxians are a better pixel peepers for the benefit of getting to use your gear at its maximum output. They use our findings and compare there photos. But in the end, We pentaxians try to overcome our gears weakneses and transform them to Photos thay say" WOW " how can your K(*) or ist (*) did that (Photo is great that the make you think this is not what i heard/read about). Go Shooting & Be Interesting.
12-12-2010, 05:57 AM   #72
Inactive Account

Name:  Nikon.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  24.8 KB

Thats all I see when I look at him....
12-12-2010, 06:19 PM   #73
Veteran Member

parrot.

anyway, to the point: i've said it before i think: the dxomark high iso mark is actually a "maximum iso setting without image degradation". or something like that. so it's an iso setting. so it follows, inevitably: how many stops? (the nikon is unragubaly better, but how many stops between them?):

this many. (yes, that what it actually works out to, it's log_2(1167/1162) ).

(retarded) parrot. nothing to see. whoever would take his advice after hearing him speak for about 20s, diserves to be not just misguided, but downright robbed.
12-13-2010, 12:18 AM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by idkjai Quote

I stopped by a bestbuy and found that the d90's build is horrible even compared to my k-x. The ergonomics just simply suck. Long story short, checking out the d90 reassured my investment in Pentax. I gotta say that I do love pentax's scroll wheel compared to both canon's and nikon's. Man I love pentax!
I've held the d7000, it isn't too grand either. More solid than a 90, but the ergonomics suck for my hands. The d700 and 300 are miles ahead for ergonomics. The 7000 is similar in size to the K5. No place to put your pinkie finger except underneath which is fine, except the bottom edge of the d7000 seems like too sharp of an angle. It's not comfortable at all to me.
12-13-2010, 01:46 AM   #75
Inactive Account

It has always been interesting how people argue over their cameras, cars, trucks, soft drinks, I have even see it over swords. I shot for years as a pro and I did not use Nikon or Canon. Back in the Day I used the Olmypus OM2, and the Mamiya RB67, I saved a bundle over buying the Nikon, Canon and Hasselblad. My clients were very happy with the quality of my images. Olympus let me down when they went to Digital, their lenses do not cross over. I am not sure about Nikon and Canon but I was talked into a Pentax K100D when I went digital. I am a whitewater rafter, some friends and I rafted the Grand Canyon and I came back with better photos that they did with their Nikons and Canons. I have since bought a K20D and am looking at the K5. There will always be the teckies who can quote a million bits of info and argue about their cameras but most of the time their photos are not that great. From what I can tell the only Nikon and Canon that can compare to the K20D and the K5 are the top of the line and cost 5 grand. I will use the money left over and buy something to go with it maybe an elinchrom ranger or a lens or two. No doubt that the Canon and Nikons are good cameras but the Pentax is also a good camera and the photo is what counts and for my Pentax did not dump on their customers when the went digital, all their lenses work with the new cameras, I wish I would have used Pentax back in the day. I have an old friend Rod who always used Pentax and argued with me that his camera was better, man if he sees this he will die laughing.