Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
12-13-2010, 07:35 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
the guy can't even pronounce Nikon correctly, it's N'i'kon, not N'ai'kon, or shall we ask the Japanese about that?

Anyway, that guy is a joke, who cares what he says, just one more fanboy out there that might not even take photos...
I am surprised to see there is not Canon fanboys out there to make a video like that, oh way, they've been advertising on TV too much lately, they do feel the threat from our beloved PENTAX K-5.....

12-13-2010, 09:23 AM   #77
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by luke0622 Quote
the guy can't even pronounce Nikon correctly, it's N'i'kon, not N'ai'kon, or shall we ask the Japanese about that?
It does annoy me when people pronounce it with a long "I" sound. I notice that's how it's normally pronounced in America. It freaks me about a bit because I tend to spend a few seconds trying to figure out what the hell a "Nigh-kon" camera is.
12-13-2010, 09:47 AM   #78
Veteran Member

oh, come off it. it's been like that since the kodachrome song . that's not a problem, i doubt the japanese care how you pronounce it (in the immortal words of torvalds: i don't care how you pronounce it, as long as you're using it). there's bigger problems than misponouncing the company/brand name, like being a parrot/idiot (which applies to this guy)
12-13-2010, 12:46 PM   #79
Forum Member

for sure, he's heavy Nikon sided Fanboy, FOR SURE

12-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #80

Photos: Albums
The guy came across to me like a used car salesman. Obviously trying to sell something and uses ridiculous arguments to attempt to make you feel stupid or that you just don't understand cameras if you disagree with him. I felt like reaching through the screen and slapping him for the smug, condescending mannerisms he was using. Plus, I find it funny that, according to him, when the Pentax shows a negligible increase in performance, it's not that big a deal and should be dismissed but when Nikon does, it's somehow obvious that it's the better camera. Lame
12-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #81
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
It does annoy me when people pronounce it with a long "I" sound. I notice that's how it's normally pronounced in America. It freaks me about a bit because I tend to spend a few seconds trying to figure out what the hell a "Nigh-kon" camera is.
blame their adverts....
12-15-2010, 10:24 PM   #82
Pentaxian

Tardoftheimage spoke for 5 minutes on exactly 2 subjects. I'm sorry that all you manual focusers apparently are unable to make an image, especially over ISO 800, much less at 10FPS.

Last edited by SpecialK; 12-16-2010 at 11:56 AM.
12-15-2010, 10:36 PM   #83
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You and me both, mate.
Pretty much expected, though, since Americans are bent on doing just about everything differently to the rest of the English-speaking world - perhaps one day they'll want to name their own dialect of English "Americaans"

No such thing as rockmelons, petrol or hot flushes in Americaans...

I'm sure the Japanese don't care - their gear is selling, that's what matters.
Ever wondered how Pentax is pronounced in Japan?
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LyyPGgE5Gk[/yt]
12-15-2010, 11:24 PM   #84
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
^ Awesome, i love their latest advert!
12-16-2010, 12:00 AM   #85
Zav
Pentaxian

It's just funny how this little car passes the 3 japanese sport cars of the era, the Toyota 2000GT, the Mazda 110 and the Nissan Fairlady Z
12-16-2010, 05:05 AM   #86
Forum Member

... what was that??

I just came by and tumbled over this.

Can anybody please tell me, what this guy was pulling off?

I have never ever seen something similar to this, never heard so many repetitions in one single short-film. I donŽt know what pill he he had taken earliere this morning, but he definetely had not choosen the RED-one.

So he may live further in his MATRIX and he shall get happy with his NIKON. IŽll stay with my K5, which is definitvely much better in Autofocus and has a much better High-ISO capability than a Nikon 7000

Best from Germany
Georg
12-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #87
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote
blame their adverts....
That's what I was thinking. Nikon pronounces it that way (long I) in their own commercials. Do they not in other parts of the world?
12-16-2010, 11:49 AM   #88
Inactive Account

Blame Simon and Garfunkel. They sang it "Nigh-kon" in their song Kodachrome from the 70's. It was really great advertising!
12-16-2010, 12:15 PM   #89
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by geko5766 Quote
I just came by and tumbled over this.

Can anybody please tell me, what this guy was pulling off?

I have never ever seen something similar to this, never heard so many repetitions in one single short-film. I donŽt know what pill he he had taken earliere this morning, but he definetely had not choosen the RED-one.

So he may live further in his MATRIX and he shall get happy with his NIKON. IŽll stay with my K5, which is definitvely much better in Autofocus and has a much better High-ISO capability than a Nikon 7000

Best from Germany
Georg
What's he pulling off? He is showing the world how much of an imbecile he is.
Lets see, where to begin...
Low ISO: The K5 is quite a bit better at low ISO according to DXO (about 1/5 stop), the D7000 is marginally (and you need to be splitting the hair mighty fine here) at high ISO.
It's interesting that he sloughs off the big advantage pentax has at low ISO and makes a hige deal about the very, very marginal, probably unnoticable, advantage the Nikon has at high ISO.
He then goes on to make a fool of himself with AF. Now, I'm sure that the D7000 may well be better than the K5, but the K5 AF is not merely a tweaked version of the K7.
In this he is (in my opinion) a bald faced liar. He's apparently never used a K5, or even looked through the viewfinder.

Anyway, the guy is proving that on the internet, anyone can be a horses ass.
12-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AussieTrev Quote
Reading some of the comments, yes I think some of the Nikon fanboys are worried. Then if Pentax had the PR and advertising revenue that Canon has, both Canon and Nikon would have very serious competition. It comes down to putting one self out there, something Pentax hasn't been doing. It is like VHS and Beta. The one that was marketed won, not the one that was better. I know I am showing my age here.
just what i was thinking, i was a huge proponent of beta and steered a lot of clients that way, my dad still has a beta machine in operation
some days it feels like i'm in the same boat with Pentax