Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nikonian sales people worried about k5 perhaps?

Not terribly surprisingly I got myself blocked from commenting on artoftheimage's comparison of the of the d7000 vs k5.

After I watched the horribly one-sided, condescending and false review I decided to do a little digging. I found out that the guy has some seedy looking online store and he sells Nikon gear. I decided to comment on his video. It was very tactful but I called him out on it.

I said something to the effect that this was an biased one-sided review in which pentax can't win because this guy has a dog in the fight in that he sells Nikon gear.

It doesn't bother me so much if a Nikon actually does beat a Pentax on a level playing surface. It's when someone rigs a review like this that it bothers me. It unfairly steers customers away from a stellar, underrated brand.

Like I said my comment was not only deleted but I was completely blocked.

I was just thinking that maybe, if you all felt like posting something similar on his page, just to call him on it.

12-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Haha, if the comment from "Alphatronikkk" is allowed to stay up (and no, I won't quote it), then I can't IMAGINE what your comment must have said!
12-10-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
Haha, if the comment from "Alphatronikkk" is allowed to stay up (and no, I won't quote it), then I can't IMAGINE what your comment must have said!
Alphatronikk just barely posted. I posted under my lurchkenny SN and that was the one that was deleted I am also the MrPentaxFan if you want to thumb that one up.

All I said was that he sounded like a Nikon fanboy that was trying to justify paying too much for sub-par equipment (compared to pentax) and that his review was rigged because he sells Nikon Equipment. Somewhat inflammetory I know but not nearly what Alphatronikk said.

I decided a more tactful approach would be better and posted under MrPentaxfan.
12-10-2010, 01:40 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That made my day! I had a very good laugh!

What's more, you just watch his body language (his head movements, eyes, mouth ...): not very convincing either, is it?

JP

12-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
Forum Member

Actually Alphatronikk is me too. lol. He reminds me of a kid who always tried to convince me to buy his damaged marbles at school. I never liked that kid, and I'll never like biased pseudo reviewers.

The comment I've made was maybe a bit harsh (and no, I have nothing against any kind of sexual preference, people should just be happy (and unbiased)) but I just couldn't resist. lol
12-10-2010, 01:59 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well you certainly got your point across!
12-10-2010, 02:01 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote

JP

Glad to be of service.

12-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Reading some of the comments, yes I think some of the Nikon fanboys are worried. Then if Pentax had the PR and advertising revenue that Canon has, both Canon and Nikon would have very serious competition. It comes down to putting one self out there, something Pentax hasn't been doing. It is like VHS and Beta. The one that was marketed won, not the one that was better. I know I am showing my age here.
12-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #9
Veteran Member

If you didn't have scruples and were out to make a buck, would you back the camera with huge name recognition, huge advertising budget, a better sales channel or the one that is the opposite assuming you made money as a percent of volume sold? No mystery here.

This guy is a nobody though, it's not like big name celebrity endorsing xy or z. He's really just "some guy" on the internet that chose affiliate sales on high dollar consumer goods as a profession. In the scheme of things he's nothing and there are a million like him. Better to go out and shoot some photos than get up in arms over the meaningless slight that this is. Don't take it personally.

This is Pentax's fight. They need to build brand awareness in the mind of the consumer if you want them to be considered equal or better of nikon by the art of the images of the world.

AF is just a super easy thing for him to pick on. It's better/good/great in the k5, but all he has to do is bring up past problems to raise doubt in the mind of the consumer. They don't think in terms of slightly better or worse, they are thinking buy the Nikon and I get in focus pictures, buy the Pentax and I don't. Stupid, yes. Reality, yes.

[by reality I mean that is what they think, I'm not saying Pentax photos are out of focus]

Now, who wants to argue about vacuum cleaners? Mine sucks more than yours.
12-10-2010, 02:48 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I for one am certainly glad that my misconceptions have been corrected. Also great to know that my camera just flat out can't autofocus (his argument kind of fell apart around that point for me). Also, great to watch camera reviews of someone without an actual camera in their hand.
12-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just keep voting up all the ones that say "Comment deleted".
12-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Wow, that guy's a douche bag...and I'd say that even if he liked the K-5 better.
12-10-2010, 03:55 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter

Even my friends who use Nikon say that Nikon fanbois are the most annoying creatures on the planet
12-10-2010, 04:14 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote

What's more, you just watch his body language (his head movements, eyes, mouth ...): not very convincing either, is it?

JP
Heh.

*peek* At least there's scant danger of that dude applying his 'talents' to the political version of this kind of brand-war 'attack sales.'

That's such an egregious tell-o-rama it's irritating to *look* at for more than about thirty seconds.

You could turn the sound off and hide the titles, it'd be irritating. It's kind of like the mannerisms of those kinds of dudes who apparently are trying to argue you in to having sex with them, possibly to prove some kind of point, cause they don't actually seem very happy about the prospect, either?

Irritating's the word. These kinds of tactics in public discourse are disgraceful, doing it over camera sales is just.... irritating.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 12-10-2010 at 04:22 PM.
12-10-2010, 04:37 PM   #15
Veteran Member

haha.....how funny this freak is.......
the best sensor in the nikon......haha.....look at the pictures......