Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Someone Shrunk my d3..

So after allot of thought and with a kid on the way, i decided to downsize my equipment and go with the one camera system (well two.. i have the gf1 ).

So in gose my d3 and out pops a k5

(shot with gf1 and ka50 f1.7, used lamps and a purple gell for lighting)

Just waiting on the battery and crossing my fingers for no gunk on the sensor, it was just delivered to the shop today so here's hoping its good.

Its so small and feels amazing.. i love it and i haven't even used it yet . Cant wait to use my pentax glass again.

12-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I see you already have the "old" glass loaded up and ready to go!

Good luck,
Ray
12-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Excellent! Congrats!

Pentax should promote the K-5 with a campaign touting the small size of the K-5 and the DA Limiteds. They can show a Canikon owner hauling around their big bodies and big lenses in supersized camera bags, breaking a sweat as they haul themselves up to a scenic overlook for a vacation shot.

At the last moment, a lithe, young, attractive female photographer (this is my commercial after all!) strides up to the same overlook, pulls a K-5 with a DA Limited mounted out of a small messenger bag, snaps the shot, and saunters down the hill with a smile as the Canikon guy is wiping the sweat from his brow before the arduous descent....
12-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Excellent! Congrats!

At the last moment, a lithe, young, attractive female photographer (this is my commercial after all!) strides up to the same overlook, pulls a K-5 with a DA Limited mounted out of a small messenger bag, snaps the shot, and saunters down the hill with a smile as the Canikon guy is wiping the sweat from his brow before the arduous descent....
I like the idea, but make sure the Canikon guy is a BIG FAT beer gut sweaty guy.

12-15-2010, 03:55 PM   #5

With a real bad leg! He doe's
12-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
Veteran Member

D'oh!
12-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Excellent! Congrats!

Pentax should promote the K-5 with a campaign touting the small size of the K-5 and the DA Limiteds. They can show a Canikon owner hauling around their big bodies and big lenses in supersized camera bags, breaking a sweat as they haul themselves up to a scenic overlook for a vacation shot.

Wow! A direct challenge to Canon and Nikon. I like it, but Pentax's marketing has never been known for boldness or originality (or marketing, for that matter.)

Rob

12-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
It would be great to see that, infact id even love to try make something like that... but since i don't have any limted lens or a big heavy nikon system any more sadly i cant .
12-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Artesia Aggie Quote
I like the idea, but make sure the Canikon guy is a BIG FAT beer gut sweaty guy.
they could just shoot it at a Hollywood event there should be enough big fat greasy paparazzi with their canikon gear, there sure seem to be up here during the film fest, easy to block out all their faces except the one you pay to model it