Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2011, 07:48 AM   #61

Something lost in translation there I think, but I'm still waiting for any evidence of a camera being damaged by a 3rd party battery. Anyone? Actual evidence?

03-31-2011, 09:08 AM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Balog Quote
Something lost in translation there I think, but I'm still waiting for any evidence of a camera being damaged by a 3rd party battery. Anyone? Actual evidence?
Exactly. it's all scaremongering for no reason.

I just took delivery of my 2nd K-5 and like the first one I've started it up with a charged generic battery while I'm waiting for the supplied Pentax battery to charge up.

And yes the Pentax Charger works fine with generic batteries and vice versa.
05-15-2011, 07:15 AM   #63

Photos: Gallery
So my 3rd party battery just died like all the others I have purchased over the years for various cameras. The story is the same always. They last about 3-5 charges then starting to hold less and less until will not charge at all.
Does anybody know a supplier who will sell in EU and has reputable product. I think I am done with eBay and this last one was seller in UK. But I can not complain after 60 days.
05-18-2011, 02:12 AM   #64
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
All I can say is you must have bought them all from the same source. this has never happened to me mine last as long as originals and they are all from china on ebay.

05-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Osama Binhidin Quote
All I can say is you must have bought them all from the same source. this has never happened to me mine last as long as originals and they are all from china on ebay.
Agreed. I've had one generic lithium battery fail out of all the ones I've bought, and that was for my E-P1. The battery wouldn't hold a charge so I dumped it. Cost me $5, I believe.

For my K5, I bought a 3rd party grip off of Amazon and it came with 2 generic batteries. They both work fine. On my K20D, I had a mix of Pentax batteries and some Minolta batteries (NP-400) and some generics. I didn't have a problem with any of them.

Now, I rarely shoot until a battery dies. Usually, the most I shoot at one time is less than 100 shots, and it's usually a dozen or so at a time (per day). After a while, I'll just rotate batteries to keep everything fresh. So, if I was going to shoot until the batteries died, maybe I'd see a difference. But for how I shoot, I don't see any difference, I'm fine with saving a few bucks on generic batteries.
05-18-2011, 12:04 PM   #66

I use the battery grip with 6 recharchable AA batteries. I did this on my K7, and plan to do it on my K5 which arrived today.
05-18-2011, 12:19 PM   #67

QuoteOriginally posted by Osama Binhidin Quote
All I can say is you must have bought them all from the same source.
Ha! Pretty funny. Would you remember the vendor on eBay you bought something from after 3 years and 200-300 transactions?
So I shall try the creepiest possible Chinese seller next. Maybe this will do better.
05-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #68
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is another thread that I summarize several sources of K-5 batteries I found. One member let me know that beach camera have one zeiko battery which rated very high capacity (higher than the original one) for ~$16.

I bought one and it works great.

05-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #69
Veteran Member

I got one from Adorama and it works great, but it does not last nearly as long as the Pentax one... so on the next purchase I went back to the Pentax battery.
05-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #70
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vanakaru Quote
Ha! Pretty funny. Would you remember the vendor on eBay you bought something from after 3 years and 200-300 transactions?
So I shall try the creepiest possible Chinese seller next. Maybe this will do better.
just buy from link delite or a seller with a high rating. I also add sellers to favorites list so I dont forget.
05-18-2011, 10:27 PM   #71
Veteran Member

I've used K10D and K-r generic batteries from ebay with no issues, I just choose a seller who has sold al lot of items with high rating.
05-18-2011, 11:04 PM   #72
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Francis Quote
I use the battery grip with 6 recharchable AA batteries. I did this on my K7, and plan to do it on my K5 which arrived today.
If you don't mind extra weight and no place for a spare SD card... my AA tray has been parked since I got my Ansmann A-Pen D Li 90 battery. No problems with the battery and it seems to last almost as long as the pentax brand. But its 1600mAh so I don't expect it to outlast the pentax brand battery.
05-18-2011, 11:31 PM   #73

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
There is another thread that I summarize several sources of K-5 batteries I found. One member let me know that beach camera have one zeiko battery which rated very high capacity (higher than the original one) for ~$16.

I bought one and it works great.
I looked at that too, but it is only US seller or the shipping gets ridiculous.
Actually I contacted this UK seller and they are sending a replacement for me.
Could we get some seller names off eBay you have bought good batteries from as well? It would be valuable database.
05-19-2011, 03:42 AM   #74

QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
If you don't mind extra weight and no place for a spare SD card... my AA tray has been parked since I got my Ansmann A-Pen D Li 90 battery. No problems with the battery and it seems to last almost as long as the pentax brand. But its 1600mAh so I don't expect it to outlast the pentax brand battery.
LOL NOW I understand that it is "NO" place for extra SD card.... I swear I spent 30 minutes with the battery grip looking for a spare SD card slot because I thought I read it had it.
10-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #75

Hi LFLee:

Do these batteries work with the Pentax K10D in addtion of the K-7 and K-5? Let me know. Thanks.