Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2011, 07:48 AM   #61
Senior Member




Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bothell, WA
Posts: 103
Something lost in translation there I think, but I'm still waiting for any evidence of a camera being damaged by a 3rd party battery. Anyone? Actual evidence?

03-31-2011, 09:08 AM   #62
Veteran Member
Smeggypants's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,536
QuoteOriginally posted by Balog Quote
Something lost in translation there I think, but I'm still waiting for any evidence of a camera being damaged by a 3rd party battery. Anyone? Actual evidence?
Exactly. it's all scaremongering for no reason.

I just took delivery of my 2nd K-5 and like the first one I've started it up with a charged generic battery while I'm waiting for the supplied Pentax battery to charge up.

And yes the Pentax Charger works fine with generic batteries and vice versa.
05-15-2011, 07:15 AM   #63
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tallinn
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 162
So my 3rd party battery just died like all the others I have purchased over the years for various cameras. The story is the same always. They last about 3-5 charges then starting to hold less and less until will not charge at all.
Does anybody know a supplier who will sell in EU and has reputable product. I think I am done with eBay and this last one was seller in UK. But I can not complain after 60 days.
05-18-2011, 02:12 AM   #64
Forum Member
Osama Binhidin's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mallacoota inlet
Photos: Albums
Posts: 87
All I can say is you must have bought them all from the same source. this has never happened to me mine last as long as originals and they are all from china on ebay.

05-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #65
Veteran Member
rfortson's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston TX
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,129
QuoteOriginally posted by Osama Binhidin Quote
All I can say is you must have bought them all from the same source. this has never happened to me mine last as long as originals and they are all from china on ebay.
Agreed. I've had one generic lithium battery fail out of all the ones I've bought, and that was for my E-P1. The battery wouldn't hold a charge so I dumped it. Cost me $5, I believe.

For my K5, I bought a 3rd party grip off of Amazon and it came with 2 generic batteries. They both work fine. On my K20D, I had a mix of Pentax batteries and some Minolta batteries (NP-400) and some generics. I didn't have a problem with any of them.

Now, I rarely shoot until a battery dies. Usually, the most I shoot at one time is less than 100 shots, and it's usually a dozen or so at a time (per day). After a while, I'll just rotate batteries to keep everything fresh. So, if I was going to shoot until the batteries died, maybe I'd see a difference. But for how I shoot, I don't see any difference, I'm fine with saving a few bucks on generic batteries.
05-18-2011, 12:04 PM   #66
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hilversum
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 215
I use the battery grip with 6 recharchable AA batteries. I did this on my K7, and plan to do it on my K5 which arrived today.
05-18-2011, 12:19 PM   #67
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tallinn
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 162
QuoteOriginally posted by Osama Binhidin Quote
All I can say is you must have bought them all from the same source.
Ha! Pretty funny. Would you remember the vendor on eBay you bought something from after 3 years and 200-300 transactions?
So I shall try the creepiest possible Chinese seller next. Maybe this will do better.
05-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #68
Pentaxian
LFLee's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Western MA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,254
There is another thread that I summarize several sources of K-5 batteries I found. One member let me know that beach camera have one zeiko battery which rated very high capacity (higher than the original one) for ~$16.

I bought one and it works great.

05-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #69
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 666
I got one from Adorama and it works great, but it does not last nearly as long as the Pentax one... so on the next purchase I went back to the Pentax battery.
05-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #70
Forum Member
Osama Binhidin's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mallacoota inlet
Photos: Albums
Posts: 87
QuoteOriginally posted by vanakaru Quote
Ha! Pretty funny. Would you remember the vendor on eBay you bought something from after 3 years and 200-300 transactions?
So I shall try the creepiest possible Chinese seller next. Maybe this will do better.
just buy from link delite or a seller with a high rating. I also add sellers to favorites list so I dont forget.
05-18-2011, 10:27 PM   #71
Veteran Member
figmental1978's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 789
I've used K10D and K-r generic batteries from ebay with no issues, I just choose a seller who has sold al lot of items with high rating.
05-18-2011, 11:04 PM   #72
Veteran Member
Chex's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The 'Stoke, British Columbia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,700
QuoteOriginally posted by Francis Quote
I use the battery grip with 6 recharchable AA batteries. I did this on my K7, and plan to do it on my K5 which arrived today.
If you don't mind extra weight and no place for a spare SD card... my AA tray has been parked since I got my Ansmann A-Pen D Li 90 battery. No problems with the battery and it seems to last almost as long as the pentax brand. But its 1600mAh so I don't expect it to outlast the pentax brand battery.
05-18-2011, 11:31 PM   #73
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tallinn
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 162
QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
There is another thread that I summarize several sources of K-5 batteries I found. One member let me know that beach camera have one zeiko battery which rated very high capacity (higher than the original one) for ~$16.

I bought one and it works great.
I looked at that too, but it is only US seller or the shipping gets ridiculous.
Actually I contacted this UK seller and they are sending a replacement for me.
Could we get some seller names off eBay you have bought good batteries from as well? It would be valuable database.
05-19-2011, 03:42 AM   #74
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hilversum
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 215
QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
If you don't mind extra weight and no place for a spare SD card... my AA tray has been parked since I got my Ansmann A-Pen D Li 90 battery. No problems with the battery and it seems to last almost as long as the pentax brand. But its 1600mAh so I don't expect it to outlast the pentax brand battery.
LOL NOW I understand that it is "NO" place for extra SD card.... I swear I spent 30 minutes with the battery grip looking for a spare SD card slot because I thought I read it had it.
10-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #75
Senior Member
j0n4hpk's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 187
Hi LFLee:

Do these batteries work with the Pentax K10D in addtion of the K-7 and K-5? Let me know. Thanks.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
battery, camera, dslr, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, pentax k-5
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
looking for cheap generic battery for the W80 vagrant10 Pentax Compact Cameras 9 10-30-2010 11:28 AM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax D-BG2 Battery Grip in Like New condition + Generic Battery jjdgti Sold Items 2 07-15-2010 06:06 PM
Generic battery replacement for D-Li90 - advice GSk Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 5 12-23-2009 08:10 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:29 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top