Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Hassy has been doing really well since they pretty much got taken over by Fuji.....

Anyway, this is about the 20th thread, every time it's the same thing. Someone figures out some way to make their camera have a problem, and all of a sudden the sky is falling, Pentax is shooting themselves in the foot, their QC sucks, moan, moan moan.
And I snapped.

Having said that, I still stand behind what I posted. I'm also fortunate enough to have a local and very good camera store. Most people aren't. Your situation with having several close by is the exception, not the rule.

It's no secret that Hoya is squeezing Pentax for everything they can, if there are QC issues over and above what would be considered normal, the best thing people can do is quietly send their cameras back for warranty repairs or exchange.
This will make Hoya stand up and pay attention a lot faster than the continuous barrage of threads we've seen over the past few weeks.

fair enough mate ...you do sound like someone that has had a final straw that broke the camels back...... I understand your point...I just arked up cause you went straight for the knee capping..lol..i call it quits on this one ole son..all the best too ya

12-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Hassy has been doing really well since they pretty much got taken over by Fuji.....

Anyway, this is about the 20th thread, every time it's the same thing. Someone figures out some way to make their camera have a problem, and all of a sudden the sky is falling, Pentax is shooting themselves in the foot, their QC sucks, moan, moan moan.
And I snapped.

Having said that, I still stand behind what I posted. I'm also fortunate enough to have a local and very good camera store. Most people aren't. Your situation with having several close by is the exception, not the rule.

It's no secret that Hoya is squeezing Pentax for everything they can, if there are QC issues over and above what would be considered normal, the best thing people can do is quietly send their cameras back for warranty repairs or exchange.
This will make Hoya stand up and pay attention a lot faster than the continuous barrage of threads we've seen over the past few weeks.

Wheatfield... I too get sick of opening threads to read the same story or a new complaint.

It would be great if a tag and label could be placed against a new thread when created.

Complaint.
Praise
Query
Help
etc

one could be more particular with what thread is chosen to be opened

cheers

Neil
12-19-2010, 08:15 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
@Nulla
Not a bad thought, potentially to Adam?
12-19-2010, 09:06 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
@Nulla - I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but I think it is a little obvious in the thread title already (and potentially more work for Adam).

I think there is some value in discussing a problem, especially when you have been disappointed in what is for most of us, a major financial purchase. Sometimes this goes too far though...."the sky is falling" type of threads don't help anyone.

Also, we have IMHO had some individuals that try to raise themselves by pointing fault at others or Pentax. I don't think this is the case on this thread, and I appreciate some of the more technical articles that we have had that are objective. It is however something to keep in mind when reading these type of posts. If there is an issue, that is fine, but objectivity from the OP is key.

12-19-2010, 09:35 PM   #35
Inactive Account

hey just a thought,
but if you are getting sick of reading so many posts about the same moaning regarding pentax,hoya QC.
i think you may need a little break from pentax forums(as awesome as it is).

go take some photos.
12-19-2010, 09:42 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dandog Quote
hey just a thought,
but if you are getting sick of reading so many posts about the same moaning regarding pentax,hoya QC.

go take some photos.

LMAO

thats good advice for all of us matey
12-19-2010, 11:55 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dandog Quote
hey just a thought,

go take some photos.

Like yourself I too am here on the forum.

What I was suggesting is an available option for VBulletin Forums... not sure what this system runs under.

When making a post on VBulletin with the option enabled you can set and name tags.,, this is done by the original thread poster

here below is a snap from an Aussie Rules Site with the tags in different colours

enough of the forum this evening... off to the city for some skyline shots

Last edited by nulla; 12-20-2010 at 10:53 AM.