Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 32 Likes Search this Thread
01-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #376

QuoteOriginally posted by raist3d Quote
It's not showing then.
yeah, he hides it well. or maybe he is a Hoya sleeper in our midst ))

01-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #377

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
everyone at Hoya/Pentax commit Hari Kari.
ma$t^rbating themselves to death would be more appropriate for these narci$$istic creature$

just look at what they have to say:

....В случае замены фильтра матрицы, срок ремонта около 3-х мес., стоимость 5200-5700 руб.

С уважением, управляющий

сервисного центра Фотокамера.Ру

Бардачьян Дмитрий service@photocamera.ru

After my message expressing my outrage, he says

В вашем случае необходимо связаться с поставщиком, т.к. международная гарантия на территории России не действует.

В вашем случае необходимо произвести программную коррекцию сигнала с матрицы. В самом неблагоприятном случае, срок ремонта составит 3-4 недели.

This is beyond belief. This is THE ONLY authorised Pentax centre in a city with the population of almost 2 million.

Some letters replaced by non-letter characters since "Inappropriate Language/Conduct" were pointed out to me by THE MODERATOR. sorry sorry sorry how could I speak ill of them?

Last edited by Mikhail_Kriviniouk; 01-06-2011 at 12:02 AM. Reason: to please the moderator
01-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #378

point this out to you as a public service
Public service my foot ))

I am. and I hate to say it, but what you just posted is nonsense.
of course, but every word you post is THE gospel truth since you've been photographing weddings longer than most of us were breathing air, so it MUST be.
01-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #379
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

If you think this is acceptable well then that's you. Sounds like you don't user other brands or something (and if you say you do then you clearly have *very low standards*).
Raist
I don't think that I've read anywhere that wheatfield is saying that this issue is acceptable...but rather put it into a little perspective.

I must admit..until I saw this thread..I didn't know my camera was defective..as I didn't have a fast enough lens to try it with..now I have...I see it could be a problem for me..it aint the end of the world...but it needs sortin non the less.

Wheatfield..while sometimes-is a dry old git..and I mean that in a nice way { he's helped me and loads of others in different threads}..does talk with the experience that Id love to have,

im here to learn from others..so reading between his lines..is don't stress..it will be sorted..if not..piss it off and get another body from another manufacturer ..thats plain enough for me..dont forget..you can return this sucker in its warranty period for a full refund..as its defective...if the little white coated guys don't fix it with firmware ...so chill

Of course I want my K5 doing its thing...but it aint..so im gonna put some shelves up for the missus today...life goes on chaps.

wheatfield...thanks for your contribution mate..and to all of you K5 owners...Id ask that we just keep the personal insults to a minimum though

how about a few.." i respectively disagree"...rather than getting the clubs out on each other !!!!

Last edited by Tommot1965; 01-05-2011 at 05:14 PM.
01-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #380
Veteran Member

There isn't "months ago and civilization" - at least for some of us. I got the camera recently. The autofocus fail is in some situations where it has failed in an obvious way where it really should not. And certainly not for a USD $1500 MSRP camera. More so when the camera was billed as having the new autofocus engine it has capable of detecting light wavelength.

It's fine if you are doing daylight shots and this doesn't affect you but I find some of the stuff you write as if everyone is really exaggerating this or making it up which is complete utter nonsense. And for many of those situations, no, manual focusing is not "best", like a wedding or wedding reception in lower light.

- Raist
For the record, a few months ago I used my K-5 to shoot a wedding in terrible light (ISO6400+) and the AF was fine. In fact, I'd say over half of the shots I've taken since buying it have been at least ISO 3200 or greater (in photojournalism you don't get to pick your light) and I haven't had the problems described in this thread. Not saying the problem doesn't exist, but I'm still not sure if I've run into it once in practical use.

This said, like I noted in a previous post, I do understand why people would be frustrated.
QuoteQuote:
masturbating themselves to death would be more appropriate for these narcissistic creatures
Maybe not that frustrated, though
01-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #381
cpk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you, Tommot1965, for your comments. I think we need to cool down a bit. I do have one question. How does one find the EV value for a photograph? I have done a lot of low-light nightclub photography and my meter is giving me a high EV value for a low-light situation. So I am left wondering what EV 0 looks like.
01-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #382
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cpk Quote
Thank you, Tommot1965, for your comments. I think we need to cool down a bit. I do have one question. How does one find the EV value for a photograph? I have done a lot of low-light nightclub photography and my meter is giving me a high EV value for a low-light situation. So I am left wondering what EV 0 looks like.
EV 0 would be quite dark: 1s exposure with f=1 (ISO 100), more generally: EV = log2(f^2/t) - log2(iso/100).

01-05-2011, 05:48 PM   #383
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This thread is turning ill.
01-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #384
cpk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
EV 0 would be quite dark: 1s exposure with f=1 (ISO 100), more generally: EV = log2(f^2/t) - log2(iso/100).
Thank you, jolepp, for your response. Yes, LBA is a harsh mistess (I should know; my camera store wonders about me). And falk, you are right. One more question (so that I can avoid reading the 380+ posts), at what EV value does the front focus seem to take effect?
01-05-2011, 06:05 PM   #385
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thank you, jolepp, for your response. Yes, LBA is a harsh mistess (I should know; my camera store wonders about me). And falk, you are right. One more question (so that I can avoid reading the 380+ posts), at what EV value does the front focus seem to take effect?
I am not sure this has been studied enough for a general response.

For my camera, with FA 31 at f/1.8 and at 1 meter distance, the false focus lock is obvious at a light level low enough to almost trigger AF assist light. Esp. with halogen light.
01-05-2011, 06:07 PM   #386
Veteran Member

roughly accepted to be EV4....roughly that is...
01-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #387
Loyal Site Supporter

Scroll down about 4/5 of the way to the bottom of this page. It has a very good EV calculator.
Ultimate Exposure Computer

QuoteOriginally posted by Tommot1965 Quote
roughly accepted to be EV4....roughly that is...
For the record, my K5 is hugely off at 2 meters and EV3. With my 40LTD in daylight, 0 focus comp is good. At EV 3 it's like -10......
01-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #388
Veteran Member

There are some EV charts available that can convert an ISO, shutter speed and aperture into the EV value.

EV4, by the way, is not that LOW of a light. At ISO 1600, it is equivalent to f/2 and 1/60s. Or At ISO3200, f/2.8 and 1/60s. That is not really low according to what I shoot indoors. Most of my shots indoors are at 1/60s and ISO >=3200.
01-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #389
Veteran Member

With my 40LTD in daylight, 0 focus comp is good. At EV 3 it's like -10......
so at ev3 its back focussing? we have a news here!!!!
01-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #390
Veteran Member

just updated the new official release firmware...1.02.. doesn't fix this problem im afraid..fixes others though. that I didn't know I had ..LMAO
Closed Thread