Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2011, 06:07 AM   #46
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
I am curious why you seem to be so hung up on the fact that many people preferred the way the K-7 handled this feature? I also fail to see how implementing one additional check-box in the menu to allow people to choose whether playback uses the old system (K-7) or the new system (K-5) would be a problem.
Hi
No problem at all. As I said we all have our likes and dislikes. I just don't see the logic in this silly tilting business because I cannot see any benefit. None! And why add a feature that only has gimmick value?

Now please don't get all uptight about it, it is only an opinion I am expressing here.

Greetings

10-09-2011, 08:02 AM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Hi
No problem at all. As I said we all have our likes and dislikes.
I'm certainly glad you don't have a problem with everyone having their own likes and dislikes.

I just don't see the logic in this silly tilting business because I cannot see any benefit. None! And why add a feature that only has gimmick value?
You have made it very clear you don't see the logic, but I assure you that your inability to see the logic doesn't preclude the logic from being sound. Furthermore, by using words like "silly" and "gimmick" you've also made it clear that you don't actually respect other people's likes and dislikes as you suggested earlier in the same post.

Now please don't get all uptight about it, it is only an opinion I am expressing here.
I won't speak for anyone else, but personally I'm not uptight about it as it's not a big deal one way or another. I would personally like to have the option back, but it's not something that is a huge deal one way or another. However, I think you and I are going to have to simply agree to disagree about whether there is any utility and logic in the way the feature was implemented on the K-7 as my position on that will not change having used both the K-7 and K-5 extensively.
10-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #48
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I hope I have not upset you.
No worries. I personally don't care as I prefer the way it is, I was just trying to clarify the discussion. You say to-may-to, I say to-mah-to.
10-09-2011, 04:10 PM   #49
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
Furthermore, by using words like "silly" and "gimmick" you've also made it clear that you don't actually respect other people's likes and dislikes as you suggested earlier in the same post.
Oh for goodness sake, don't be so precious, it is only a forum where people exchange ideas. Can't see how anybody could possibly be offended. But if the jacket fits - put it on.

That will be the end for me on this topic.

Greetings

10-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #50
Veteran Member

That will be the end for me on this topic.
This saddens me deeply.
04-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #51

Photos: Albums
How disappointing!!!
04-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #52

Photos: Albums
Image Rotation

I have updated my firmware and I have also same problem. My auto image rotation is not working during review of pictures.
04-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Wow, I'm rather sad that a simple request for information could have gone so awry. I rather regret beginning this thread, seeing as it descended into such bickering.

For the record, it's no big deal either way, I just thought I was doing something wrong and couldnt get my K-5 to operate like my K-7, it was simply a matter of consitancy and personal preference.

Peace!