Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
Inactive Account

It isn't a bug; it's a crappy sensor

I promised I'd follow up on my previous thread about whether or not my new K-5 has a bug or something else. It was NOT "pilot error" causing the severe CA I had using the 35mm DA Limited Macro lens, but a defective sensor.
Waiting for a replacement camera to be approved and shipped and will post one more follow up to see if this is fixed or needs more attention.

Rob

12-20-2010, 10:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Just curious, did you get it mail order or did they have one in stock over at the Wolf Camera on the West Bypass? Last time I was in there, they had Pentax items, but none of the current bodies (last year this time)

Jason
12-21-2010, 06:36 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Sorry! Did some equipment swapping at Wings Camera and he got this from the distributor for me. Pentax itself will be replacing it. I hadn't even had a chance to register the camera before I went to Colorado with it! 8o(
Trying to use ACR auto correction was a BIG fail the CA is so bad! I was really upset because this was the first time I'd been able to get back there to see family in 6 years and at least half the photos shot under all sorts of conditions and with 2 lenses show really bad CA, dang it!
Rob