Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2010, 06:58 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
neutral filter in k-5 ?

i'm new to this system and yes, i read my manual, but i can't find any information about using neutral filter in k-5. at the end of my manual, in the index section there is a definition of a neutral filter, but no instructions how to activate it in k-5.
i need to longer my exposure time without changing aperture, for that reason i need to use the filter.
can anybody help? or maybe there is no neutral filter at all in k-5...

12-21-2010, 07:11 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Hi. The only reference in the manual regarding ND filters is the standard phrase saying "Use a commercially available ND filter if the subject is too bright". There is no suche filter in the K5, you have to buy one to fit you lens/-es, either screw-in or Cokin/Lee type.
12-21-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Look on ebay for Hoya ND HMC filters, you can get some great filters at low prices there. Just make sure that they are being shipped from the USA if you want a quick turn around time.
12-21-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 006 Quote
i'm new to this system and yes, i read my manual, but i can't find any information about using neutral filter in k-5. at the end of my manual, in the index section there is a definition of a neutral filter, but no instructions how to activate it in k-5.
i need to longer my exposure time without changing aperture, for that reason i need to use the filter.
can anybody help? or maybe there is no neutral filter at all in k-5...
Nope, no filter in the camera, but as mentioned you can get them to add to the end of your lens and shoot in aperture priority mode.

12-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #5

Original Poster
thank You
12-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Also, if you look at the other thread you posted on this subject (BTW, crossposting is frowned upon), you'll see that you can emulate a neutral filter using the multi-exposure mode to average out a set of exposures.