Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2010, 03:27 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
More fun for this Pentaxian this holiday season

Just wanted to know if the rest of you are enjoying the Xmas ads in the newspapers and magazines this holiday season as much as I am.

With my new K5 in hand, when I see an ad for a Cannon this or a Nikon that all I think to myself is "Mine's Better". And for once in my digital Pentaxian life it's really true!

Back to tacking pictures with my magical K5 the best APS C camera there is.....

Enjoy the Holidays,
Joe

12-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
+1 for that sentiment. Yep, it's about that.
12-22-2010, 04:25 PM - 1 Like   #3
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
+1 for that sentiment. Yep, it's about that.
Maybe it's about that if you are part of the pentax propaganda machine, others just like to take pictures.

I think I am bothered more by the evangelical pentax community than any technical limitations of its products.
12-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by azimuthal Quote
I think I am bothered more by the evangelical pentax community. . .
Worship is optional.

12-22-2010, 11:24 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Bullshit

Seriously... You signed up Aug 2009, and at the end of 2010 and THAT was your First Post? Most people at least say hello before trying to start a fight.

12-22-2010, 11:40 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
he's right though. i love the k-5, but it never occurred to me that "it's better". what's the point? i thought it was all about taking pictures, too. i know i'm a much worse photographer than either my k-5 or k20d is a camera (actually, i could easily go as low as k100d, it would still be true), so i'm really not worried about what the "other guy" is shooting, i'm more worried about what/how he's doing it. what i would really like is to look in a magazine, at high quality photography, and say "i can/i did do better".

happy holidays
12-22-2010, 11:58 PM   #7
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Seriously... You signed up Aug 2009, and at the end of 2010 and THAT was your First Post? Most people at least say hello before trying to start a fight.

That was actually quite subdued language for a military guy...

Could have been said more diplomatically, but the gist of it is just about right - take photos #1, do the best at creating art using the Pentax gear #2, compare cameras with Canon & Nikon #99...
12-23-2010, 02:16 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Most everyone here prays.

Maybe it's about that if you are part of the pentax propaganda machine, others just like to take pictures.

I think I am bothered more by the evangelical pentax community than any technical limitations of its products.
Most of us preach improvement in photographic skills and artistic merit. Most of us pray that we and others will improve. If a person does not appreciate the purposes of the critiques that person is likely doomed to Purgatory i.e. the Kodak Snapshot. Amen. Complaints of the Season.

12-23-2010, 03:47 AM   #9

hmmhmm I am also watching ads for Canon and Nikon. But my K-5 isnt in my hands and hope the replacement comes back with proper QC.
12-23-2010, 04:17 AM   #10
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I started this mess so I'll take one more shot at it. As a Pentax shooter going back to my ME Super and a Pentax digital shooter going back to my ist DS I just wanted to take a moment and bask in the idea that the stars of my Photographic universe had finally alligned!

Going into 2011 I hav my passion for photography a fantastic new camer that is finally making the most of my lens investment with nothing holding me back. This is a great day in the life of my 25 year long Pentax journey. My original M50 1.4 is even hanging off my new K5 as I write this.

So all I wanted was to post the moment in my Pentax life where I realized I had everything I needed for my passion and for once the grass was greener under my feet.
12-23-2010, 05:22 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
hey joe. didn't want to burst your bubble. the point is, i personally felt the same with the k100d, k10d, k20d, as i do now with the k-5. of course it's a more capable camera, and yes, it is the best sensor in the aps-c arena right now, but overall, i get the same feeling to be honest. remember the awards the k10d got when it came out? on the other hand, the k-7 (not to mention my good ol' k20d) is now old-hat, flawed, etc. i still love my k20 and don't think it's holding me back in any way. the k-5 will also be "nice but obsoleted" "behind the competition from launch" and so on, in a year or two. but this shouldn't detract from your enjoyment in using it