Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2010, 03:19 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Got my third K5 body today..finally Wahoo !!

Yep, found some stains on the first one, I was misled by a drywall nailpop on the wall into believing I was OK, then spotted strange marks elsewhere in the pics, swapped it for one that looked pretty good. I was wrong !! this one showed me stains when I put the first test pics through my 52" TV , , back to the store I go and , a miracle ....they have another K5 body in the backroom with a much later serial number. This one tests out fine......so finally .."Wahoo !!"

With very little prodding at all, this K5 delivers beautiful results. It almost makes me feel like I know what I'm doing...

Last edited by mcbishton; 12-29-2010 at 07:13 PM.
12-28-2010, 08:25 PM   #2

My third one will be here on the 12.29.10 crossing my fingures, hope this one has sound and the LCD lights up. I think it depends on what longitude will live on to far north and the lights go out. LOL
12-29-2010, 03:39 PM   #3

Well people my third camera came today as they said it would. Kinda happy? It is not 100% as the beep sound doe's not work. But it doe's have sound when you record a movie then playback Oh Boy.
This copy has FW-1.01 downloaded, it makes a big difference in kicking out the raw ones. :-]
One real tiny stain at f32 but that will not hurt nothing?> thank someone!
This copy is in the 3954xxx way more then the last one, so they must be selling!
Watch out Canikoly we are on your heels in sales now. Now to get out and take some pictures.
12-29-2010, 04:21 PM   #4

Original Poster
My new one is in the 39xxxx series so is much later mfg, and it has the 1.01 software as well.

I turn off my beeps most of the time, try it you might like it

12-29-2010, 08:38 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by mcbishton Quote
My new one is in the 39xxxx series so is much later mfg, and it has the 1.01 software as well.

I turn off my beeps most of the time, try it you might like it
I don't have the beeps and yes I like that way too. The last two cameras came that way. I did a few tests shots today with the DA 55-300 in a snow storm I haven't had time to go thought all of them but so far about 85% keepers lucky me.
12-30-2010, 02:58 AM   #6
Veteran Member

sorry to break the news but stains develop over time from the sensor heating up. Many cases of people not seeing them on initial inspection and they appearing later after some use / video use.

I recommend you just keep the camera until the problem is actually resolved to stop wasting your time returning it over and over again, when there seems to be more chance of getting a dud. Its not a huge problem anyway.
12-30-2010, 08:26 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
sorry to break the news but stains develop over time from the sensor heating up. Many cases of people not seeing them on initial inspection and they appearing later after some use / video use.

I recommend you just keep the camera until the problem is actually resolved to stop wasting your time returning it over and over again, when there seems to be more chance of getting a dud. Its not a huge problem anyway.
Hmmm, thanks for the "Good" news.

I plan on keeping this one come hell or high water, if stains show up in the future Pentax can deal with it after the fix is proven. WTF, I have a great new two seater sports car with a fuel pump that likes to blow up occasionally so I might as well have a great camera with "issues" as well...

Ciao and Happy New Year

12-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #8
Rin
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote

i do not believe this is true since stores had to check the cameras to send them back too while they werent even used.

I believe Falk Lumo tested it too and there wasnt an increase while the sensor was heating up.
12-30-2010, 03:29 PM   #9

I never even used my K5 in the movie mode and I still had spots??? right out of the box....