Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Amazon Germany stops selling K5

Just saw an article on k-rumors.com that says Amazon Germany has stopped selling K5's due to K5 issues. That's all I could get out of it as the Amazon page is written in German.

01-02-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Indeed, they are "checking the article" and it is "not directly available" from them due to "customer reports of the received article not matching description on the website" they are "working on a fast solution".
01-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Much about nothing ..

Thanks for the update. I had just googled a translation myself and was about to post it.
01-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #4
Forum Member

hte message only applies to k5 body, not the bundles. The body itself can still be ordered via Amazon 3dr pty shops, so it probably has nothing to do with quality issues whatsoever.

01-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I read the K-r review linked on their website: Pentax K-r Review

"The shutter on Pentax's K-r is electronic, but very traditional sounding - with a loud mechanical shutter "clunk" when you press the shutter button. Some folks will enjoy this link to the past, while others may regard it as an affectation. I like the traditional shutter sound even if it is an affectation, but it isn't great for street or candid photography because your subject may hear the shutter and react - something of a moot point with a fire engine red camera body."

Morons...
01-02-2011, 07:42 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by kasv Quote
hte message only applies to k5 body, not the bundles. The body itself can still be ordered via Amazon 3dr pty shops, so it probably has nothing to do with quality issues whatsoever.
Amazon offers a platform for 3rd party shops, but Amazon does not dictate them what to sell. Thus, if Amazon (the 'shop') decides to stop selling something, then 3rd party shops are not influenced.
I think that the conclusion 'probably has nothing to do with quality issues' cannot be drawn from this fact.
01-02-2011, 09:49 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery
I know of at least one shop in Sweden that has withdrawn K5 (and also Kr). Too many issues, and Pentax as always do not provide any information to the dealers or anyone else for that matter... The dealers just have to wait it out until they 'think' the problem is solved. Personally I think Pentax is losing lots of face with their dealers and customers by this 'we never comment on anything' approach combined with the 'we have never made any mistake in any model, ever'. They are of course saving phase for all those who have never heard of Pentax, and they are of course in majority. I still think it is a strange priority though. When we finally had gotten many dealers selling Pentax in Sweden, it is going to stop again:-(

My K5 is good enough for now. Will possibly send it in 3-6 months from now if I find any issues. I am delaying upgrading my second body to a K5 until i believe the problem is solved.
It pisses me off though I will have to guess.

Last edited by quarc; 01-02-2011 at 09:55 PM.
01-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #8

interesting