Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #31
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 7
Thanks, Usuga, that was quick U got 1 rep from me

01-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #32
Veteran Member
blende8's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bremen, Germany
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,484
I checked for front focus.
Focussing was on the right bottle.
The left one is about 10 cm further in front.

FA50, EV 1.6



And here is a test for indirect flash.
Here, too, no change.

direct flash:


indirect flash:
01-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #33
Veteran Member
inferno10's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Francisco, California
Posts: 342
Anyone using 1.02 have an SDXC card? I'm wondering if this is the revision that adds support for the new SD standard. I'm on 1.02, but unfortunately don't own any SDXC cards. I'd like to confirm support before purchasing any cards.

- Jason
01-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #34
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scotland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 348
QuoteOriginally posted by inferno10 Quote
Anyone using 1.02 have an SDXC card? I'm wondering if this is the revision that adds support for the new SD standard. I'm on 1.02, but unfortunately don't own any SDXC cards. I'd like to confirm support before purchasing any cards.

- Jason
Don't have any either so i can't test.

01-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #35
Pentaxian
bobmaxja's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Laval, Quebec Canada
Posts: 1,724
We should wait , until they announced what is changing
01-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #36
Veteran Member
Kenn100D's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Paranaque City, Philippines
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 646
Firmware 1.02 already removed from the network.
01-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #37
Veteran Member
Tommot1965's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,026
it makes me wonder if this firmware was a deliberate leak..just to keep the punters happy, that something is in the wind? ...sounds a bit conspiracy theory I know
01-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #38
jjw3
Guest




QuoteOriginally posted by Tommot1965 Quote
it makes me wonder if this firmware was a deliberate leak..just to keep the punters happy, that something is in the wind? ...sounds a bit conspiracy theory I know
I totally don't get why Pentax doesn't just publish a message on what they're working at? How difficult can it be to just inform your customers? I think doing this could potentially even draw in more customers.

"first priority is fixing this, this and this within one month"
"after that we will look into additional function like manual video and, and, etc. within 2 to 4 months"
etc. etc.

Are they stupid? they must read message boards like this and understand peoples frustrations and questions. Where is that new marketing manager?
A typical Japanese-thing not to tell what your working on till it's there? Or do you think they don't know themselves what they will be working on.

I'm wondering if there is anyone here who actually knows how many employees Pentax has for the development of new firmware. I always find these things to go incredibly slow. I would say that a pro software engineer should be able to program something like for example manual video within a week time, if not a day.

01-04-2011, 08:28 PM - 1 Like   #39
Site Supporter
germar's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Austin Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 728
QuoteOriginally posted by jjw3 Quote

"first priority is fixing this, this and this within one month"
"after that we will look into additional function like manual video and, and, etc. within 2 to 4 months"
etc. etc.

Are they stupid?

The problem with publicly publishing an itinerary as you describe is sometimes an engineering issue proves too difficult to stay on projected deadlines. Sometimes there are a couple of workarounds that can be implemented, but it takes time to code and then TEST the fixes for the best one. Engineers don't like having the public looking at their watches and tapping their feet while they work, which is why we almost never have hard delivery dates until the fix is gold and ready to be published.

If the Marketing guy stands up and says "one month to fix backfocus" and they miss their promised deadline, they'd just anger MORE people than if they said nothing until they're ready to give it to us.

I know that doesn't give us a warm fuzzy, but that's how these things often work.
01-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #40
Pentaxian
Wheatfield's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The wheatfields of Canada
Posts: 10,065
QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote
The problem with publicly publishing an itinerary as you describe is sometimes an engineering issue proves too difficult to stay on projected deadlines. Sometimes there are a couple of workarounds that can be implemented, but it takes time to code and then TEST the fixes for the best one. Engineers don't like having the public looking at their watches and tapping their feet while they work, which is why we almost never have hard delivery dates until the fix is gold and ready to be published.

If the Marketing guy stands up and says "one month to fix backfocus" and they miss their promised deadline, they'd just anger MORE people than if they said nothing until they're ready to give it to us.

I know that doesn't give us a warm fuzzy, but that's how these things often work.
Anyone who remembers the Pentax Lens Road map of a few years ago will also remember how badly burned Pentax was by the delays with the 60-250 zoom.
Little surprise if now they are less than communicative.
01-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #41
Veteran Member
Tommot1965's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,026
Id be happy with a
" we know its a issue, and are working on a fix, so be cool" type of approach..as my window for returning the K5 is getting smaller and smaller

so do I keep or get shot and bide my time to see if a fix comes..if it does then buy a new one??
01-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #42
Veteran Member
dgaies's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland / Washington DC
Posts: 3,917
QuoteOriginally posted by Tommot1965 Quote
Id be happy with a
" we know its a issue, and are working on a fix, so be cool" type of approach..as my window for returning the K5 is getting smaller and smaller

so do I keep or get shot and bide my time to see if a fix comes..if it does then buy a new one??
Similar position here. I have a couple weeks before I have to make a "final" choice. I already know that my current K-5 is going back (for sensor stains), but I am considering holding off on getting another K-5 (which would be my third) until things get sorted out with some of the remaining "issues". It's a bit frustrating because overall I absolutely love the K-5 and have a ton of great glass to go with it. Kind of makes me wish I didn't get rid of my K-x and K-7 right away during my initial excitement when I first bought the K-5. Live and learn
01-04-2011, 09:37 PM   #43
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2010
Location: WA, Australia
Posts: 164
QuoteOriginally posted by Tommot1965 Quote
so do I keep or get shot and bide my time to see if a fix comes..if it does then buy a new one??
You bought local didn't you, tom? The manager at CRK Perth is very helpful and I wouldn't be suprised if he did a direct swap (under warranty) - he did, for my K-r the other week.
01-04-2011, 11:27 PM   #44
Veteran Member
Tommot1965's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,026
QuoteOriginally posted by noons Quote
You bought local didn't you, tom? The manager at CRK Perth is very helpful and I wouldn't be suprised if he did a direct swap (under warranty) - he did, for my K-r the other week.
Yep that correct ,
It's almost worth staying with pentax just to deal with people like crk , they have been real helpful thus far ,

I rang em today and the young bloke I spoke to didnt know about this issue. So I pointed him here , decent sort of fella that was confident that a bunch of Japanese fellas in white coats would be runing round trying to fix this...

I don't wanna leave pentax, I bloody love using this little camera it's so much better than anything else in this price bracket ,

I'll see what the next week brings after crk see what's going down here
01-05-2011, 03:52 AM   #45
Senior Member
salgueiros's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada and Portugal
Posts: 105
Sorry for the double post, but how do i check what firmware version my camera has?

Thanks
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, firmware, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, pentax k-5, v1.02
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K-X new Firmware 1.01.00.10 Kenn100D Pentax DSLR Discussion 8 03-14-2011 05:21 PM
Firmware? Naturenut Pentax DSLR Discussion 10 08-03-2010 06:37 AM
KX Firmware HELP! kparkypark Pentax DSLR Discussion 6 02-27-2010 01:37 PM
K-x 1.01 firmware now available opiedog Pentax DSLR Discussion 115 01-23-2010 02:00 AM
Firmware 1.0 beaumont Pentax DSLR Discussion 2 05-11-2008 05:19 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:15 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top