Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2011, 03:55 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Turn camera on with menu button pressed.

01-05-2011, 03:58 AM   #47
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by salgueiros Quote
Sorry for the double post, but how do i check what firmware version my camera has?

Thanks
Turn off the K5
Switch it back on while pressing and holding the Menu button.
01-05-2011, 04:29 AM   #48

Thank you!
01-05-2011, 05:23 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tommot1965 Quote
Id be happy with a
" we know its a issue, and are working on a fix, so be cool" type of approach..as my window for returning the K5 is getting smaller and smaller

so do I keep or get shot and bide my time to see if a fix comes..if it does then buy a new one??
They did this with the 20 frame buffer size feature. Annnounced 3 weeks ahead of time IIRC.

They also do it for the SDXC feature:
QuoteQuote:
SDXC memory card compatibility (via firmware update)
[source: Digital Cameras and Accessories - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site ]

They just don't do it for bugs. Which means they're not committed on manual video controls or tethering yet.

As for bugs. On the phone the managers (as opposed to service employees) will tell you that Pentax Japan is working on the low light AF and indirect flash bugs.

01-05-2011, 05:43 AM   #50
Veteran Member

At least Ive rang my distributor.. I've made them aware of my problem..so Ill keep the K5 and see if its fixed ...if not ill return it in a month or two,,and get a refund for a faulty device
01-05-2011, 06:29 AM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
As for bugs. On the phone the managers (as opposed to service employees) will tell you that Pentax Japan is working on the low light AF and indirect flash bugs.
I'm a bit puzzled now. Are you being cynical or did you actually call them?
01-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #52
jjw3

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Can you ask the managers on the phone what additional functions they plan to work on in the future
01-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #53

I have just been talking to the technical support guy at Pentax UK. He said the problem with flash overexposure will hopefully be sorted out in the next firmware update. He told me to keep an eye out for it, so it seems they are trying to sort out things. Can't say much about the link by the OP but about 5 minutes ago there was nothing on Pentax.jp mentioning ver 1.02.
Regards.

01-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #54

1.02 might be released tomorrow?

A fellow Pentaxian from Austria just reported on the German DFN-Forum he has been told by a Pentax support team staff that the new 1.02 firmware is to be released tomorrow morning (local time) via the Japanese website.

Hope this to be true.
01-05-2011, 02:45 PM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Naim Khan Quote
I have just been talking to the technical support guy at Pentax UK. He said the problem with flash overexposure will hopefully be sorted out in the next firmware update. He told me to keep an eye out for it, so it seems they are trying to sort out things. Can't say much about the link by the OP but about 5 minutes ago there was nothing on Pentax.jp mentioning ver 1.02.
Regards.

did the uk service bloke know anything about the FF/BF issues ?
01-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #56

QuoteOriginally posted by Tommot1965 Quote
did the uk service bloke know anything about the FF/BF issues ?
I am afraid I didn't ask - clean forgot. I only talked to him about the exposure business. I did read somewhere (I think in this thread) that there is a rumour that issue will be addressed as well.
Let's wait and see - hopefully not long to go.
Cheers.
01-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Naim Khan Quote
I am afraid I didn't ask - clean forgot. I only talked to him about the exposure business. I did read somewhere (I think in this thread) that there is a rumour that issue will be addressed as well.
Let's wait and see - hopefully not long to go.
Cheers.

no worries...the bloke over here at the WA centre didn't know anything about it until my call yesterday..
lets hope this Firmware sorts us all out..then we can all move on with getting stuck into pentax about lenses or some other non life threatening thing..LOL...i wanna move on
01-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #58
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by DRabbit Quote
I am sooooo trying to make a decision on a camera to buy that can do good video... I've been SO happy with the K-x and it's in-body image stabilization in this regard and if this firmware offers MANUAL CONTROL for video shooting, I will dump my idea about buying a GH2 and buy the K-5 instead! Oh please oh please oh please!
You may want to have a look at the FUJI HS10.
01-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinschoenmakers Quote
I'm a bit puzzled now. Are you being cynical or did you actually call them?
I am not cynical. I didn't call them for the above two problems but others who are in contact did. And that's my experience too for problems I did call them for.
01-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #60

everyone goes on and on about focus issues under tungsten light - am i the only person here with a k5 that focus perfectly under tungsten lights and in low light conditions that would make my k7 give up completely too

only complaint i have with my k5 is the stain on the sensor but thankfully its very small on the upper left corner so i can ignour it