Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Cannikin Quote
P mode/P-TTL,
I see. I never use P mode, so that's probably why I never had the problem. I assume auto ISO was enabled as well

02-01-2011, 09:30 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by areidjr Quote
I never use P mode,
the problem persists on any mode P, M, Av... exactly as described by cannikin - at least in my case....
02-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #33

It also happens with Av-Mode, at least with my K-5

ISO mode fixed does not help. since the latest firmware update the ISO behaves OK using the flash anyway...

It really depends only on bounced or not bounced with my camera.

I am not sure if I should send it in already or wait a little longer.
Pentax yet did not confirm or deny a general problem of the K-5 regarding that topic, I am waiting for an answer (not sure to expect an answer )

EDIT:
QuoteOriginally posted by filorp Quote
the problem persists on any mode P, M, Av... exactly as described by cannikin - at least in my case....
Yes, exactly the same case for me.

I do not have the problem of the flash switching to TTL instead of P-TTL others describe, I think.
02-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vespats Quote
I am not sure if I should send it in already or wait a little longer.
my is over two months in service, have been sending it two times, i'v sold k20 (perfect piece of camera) before purchasing k5 - it was error!!! if you want to stay without camera you can send it in... but if you dont... i would say its better to wait for official solution - it'll come sooner or later...

02-01-2011, 11:15 AM   #35

QuoteOriginally posted by filorp Quote
... i'v sold k20 (perfect piece of camera) before purchasing k5 - it was error!!! i...
I did not, I handed it carefully over to my girlfriend and she allows me still to use it

So I won't be without a camera, but I think I will wait a little longer. I hope they solve it, but I do not believe all cameras are affected at this would be to obvious during a product validation.
If the next firmware update does not fix the issue I will send it in.
02-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #36
Forum Member

Why don't I see this problem?

I'm baffled. I thought I was experiencing this problem the first day I used my new K-5 right out of the box but suddenly it cleared up (if the problem really existed in the first place).

Why don't I see this problem with my K-5? I'm not saying the rest of you don't have a flash problem but for some reason I don't see it.

If it was a problem that has to be fixed with new firmware then you would think that every K-5 would have this problem. I use the AF-540 flash with the K-5 extensively almost every day with hundreds of shots.

I shoot interior real estate. Yes, occasionally if I am in a small room (such as a bathroom) I will need to tone down the flash power. But I have seen that problem with even my Canon DSLRs and Canon flash.

I've even seen inconsistent flash behavior with my K-7 as well.