Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2011, 11:12 PM - 1 Like   #751
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
LOL, if you want to comment on "out of focus" pictures learn how to distinguish between out of focus and motion blur.

Despite what you may think, all those pictures were shot at high DOF (f5.6 to f8) so any "blurriness" you see is motion blur, not OOF.

And I intentionally selected pictures with motion blur, because I like motion blur. I had lots of perfectly sharp pictures with no motion blur that I discarded.

Can I suggest - stop trying to discredit me - if you don't like my pictures or motion blur, move on. But trying to call out photos that are not OOF as OOF doesn't do your reputation any favours. You don't have the raw images, I do. Can I suggest you are in no position to be able to accurately determine whether any specific photo is in focus or not.
Two points:

Don't post images on a photo forum if you do not want comments, criticisms and observations.

I suggest you read Falk's report as you are embarrassing yourself now. Your K5 has the same problem that they all have, you just either do not care or cannot tell the difference.

As for your images: I must admit to being underwhelmed with your photographic skills as demonstrated in the images I have seen so far. While that was not the point of my earlier comments, it does tell me something about how much credibility to give your comments, which is close to zero at this point.

Bye

Ray

02-23-2011, 12:08 AM   #752
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ray Pulley Quote

Don't post images on a photo forum if you do not want comments, criticisms and observations.

I suggest you read Falk's report as you are embarrassing yourself now. Your K5 has the same problem that they all have, you just either do not care or cannot tell the difference.
I am happy to accept comments , but would prefer those comments were not thinly veiled attempts to find fault in photos where there is no fault. If you were truly interested in providing comments, can I suggest replying in the actual thread rather than in this thread, and stop trying to link those photos with this thread?

By the way, the macro shots were also taken at f8 (mostly) - if you think they are out of focus I suggest you probably need to recalibrate what OOF actually looks like under those shooting conditions. Or perhaps the photographer was trying to achieve an effect other than infinite DOF.

As for Falk's report, I've read it. I pretty much agree with what he says in his report, although I am questioning him over a a few points in his thread. But he and I both acknowledge in previous posts that my K-5 appears to behave differently from his, in one important aspect (efficacy of AF assist in low light situations) even though we have exactly the same firmware version. Again, rather than attacking me, perhaps you should try and acknowledge what I am actually saying rather than making things up?

Is it really necessary to try and comment on my photographic skills as a parting shot? Does that really make you feel better as a person?

Last edited by Christine Tham; 02-23-2011 at 12:20 AM.
02-23-2011, 01:39 AM   #753
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As this thread has generated into a personal to and fro between parties, with each trying to discredit the other and totally unacceptable. The level of discussion has degenerated into rather childish arguments of .it is.....it isn't....it is.....it isn't.
This thread is closed forthwith.

Last edited by Bramela; 02-23-2011 at 01:44 AM.
Closed Thread