Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2011, 03:53 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Has anyone purchased K5 from Prodigital2000

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Just wondering if anyone has used Prodigital2000 for K5 and how they are for customer service to folks in the US. They say it is covered buy 1 year international warrenty, USA and Canada.
If it did turn out to have a stain issue or something I think I would just send it to C.R.I.S. Pentax repair rather that back and forth as some folks have done with other retailers to get a functional camera.

That $1399.99 sure looks good. Or maybe I should wait another month or so but right now I am without a camera and its really the pits.

01-14-2011, 05:29 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just in general, I have purchased from Prodigital 2000 (not a K5). You have a one year international warranty and so, if something is wrong with the camera, you would end up depending on that for a fix -- otherwise I believe you have to pay shipping back to Canada yourself, plus customs fees. I have purchased several lenses from them with that understanding and been happy with their service and prices.
01-14-2011, 06:21 AM   #3

I'm in the US and bought my K5 from them without thinking about warranty at all. It all came out fine and the camera is working well.

Occasionally they have shipped me a lens in a padded bag instead of a box, which seemed dangerous to me. But it's always come out OK. They are friendly and reasonable on the phone.
01-14-2011, 06:52 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
I got my K5 and 77 Ltd from them. K5 had the sensor stain. I paid to get it back to them, and they shipped it to Pentax Canada. After about 2 weeks, Pentax Canada sent a new body back to them to ship to me. Stain free at the moment. ProDigital helped do the entire swap, and i would use them again.

01-14-2011, 08:29 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
..... i'd purchased a new 35mm f2.4 da l lens from prodigital ... i'd actually spoken to a customer rep who was most helpful... makes me confident to order other pentax lenses/bodies from them in the future.....dave m
01-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Just in general, I have purchased from Prodigital 2000 (not a K5). You have a one year international warranty and so, if something is wrong with the camera, you would end up depending on that for a fix -- otherwise I believe you have to pay shipping back to Canada yourself, plus customs fees. I have purchased several lenses from them with that understanding and been happy with their service and prices.
Glad to hear you've been with their service!
As I stated I think if I did end up with a camera with issues I would just send it in here in the US and hopefully be done with it rather than sending it back to them ( dealing with customs and all ). If I understand that right the international warrenty can be used here in the US.

QuoteOriginally posted by mabelsound Quote
I'm in the US and bought my K5 from them without thinking about warranty at all. It all came out fine and the camera is working well.

Glad your camera is working well, I am so jonesing for the K5. I do this with every new body that comes out

Occasionally they have shipped me a lens in a padded bag instead of a box, which seemed dangerous to me. But it's always come out OK. They are friendly and reasonable on the phone.
I have heared that before that they ship in paddded bags. I don't think I have heard any horror stories.

QuoteOriginally posted by vario Quote
I got my K5 and 77 Ltd from them. K5 had the sensor stain. I paid to get it back to them, and they shipped it to Pentax Canada. After about 2 weeks, Pentax Canada sent a new body back to them to ship to me. Stain free at the moment. ProDigital helped do the entire swap, and i would use them again.

Did the K5 have a international warrenty of just a Canadian?
sounds like their service is pretty good. How long did it take to get the camera in the first place after order? I have heard they can be kind of slow shipping.

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
..... i'd purchased a new 35mm f2.4 da l lens from prodigital ... i'd actually spoken to a customer rep who was most helpful... makes me confident to order other pentax lenses/bodies from them in the future.....dave m
Thanks for the extra confidence Dave
01-14-2011, 04:51 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Be aware that Prodigital2000 sometimes sells merchandise they do not have in stock (even if the auction falsely indicates they have some).

I am currently in that situation with a DA*60-250 for which I've been waiting a month now and if you take a look at their negative feedback it's almost all for selling stuff they don't have.

But they have been very prompt responding to all my weekly emails and phone calls. And from the start have offered to reimburse my purchase if I do not want to wait for them to receive stock from Pentax Canada so I have decided to wait a bit for the lens (besides nobody has the lens locally anyways).

Just my 2 cents

Pat

01-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #8

I am sure people have good experiences with them. Personally I will never do business with them again. Recently I placed a order with them and I have never seen a company f*** up a transaction so many times on one single order.

They sent me the wrong lens and their detailed return protocol had me to the USPS 3 times to get it shipped back (Total BS since it was their mistake). After some heated emails they informed me, that "All businesses make mistakes" and this was rare for them. They were instructed to issue a refund to me but instead sent another lens after receiving the return. At this point I said "I dont give a sh** what you mailed out give me my refund".They did issue a refund and I was glad the situation was over. They told me they were going to contact UPS to cancel the shipment, yet UPS dropped off the lens to me last week. I get a email from them earlier this week wanting me to drop off the package at UPS or call them and arrange to have it picked up.

The whole transaction was a total PITA and cost me over 4 hrs of my time.

My 2 cents
01-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Three purchases, no issues.
No reason to claim on warranty thus far.
01-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
Be aware that Prodigital2000 sometimes sells merchandise they do not have in stock (even if the auction falsely indicates they have some).

I am currently in that situation with a DA*60-250 for which I've been waiting a month now and if you take a look at their negative feedback it's almost all for selling stuff they don't have.

But they have been very prompt responding to all my weekly emails and phone calls. And from the start have offered to reimburse my purchase if I do not want to wait for them to receive stock from Pentax Canada so I have decided to wait a bit for the lens (besides nobody has the lens locally anyways).

Just my 2 cents

Pat
Good to know
I plan on calling before I purchase if I do go this way to clarify order.
Hope your wait isn't much longer.

QuoteOriginally posted by treue_photo Quote
I am sure people have good experiences with them. Personally I will never do business with them again. Recently I placed a order with them and I have never seen a company f*** up a transaction so many times on one single order.

They sent me the wrong lens and their detailed return protocol had me to the USPS 3 times to get it shipped back (Total BS since it was their mistake). After some heated emails they informed me, that "All businesses make mistakes" and this was rare for them. They were instructed to issue a refund to me but instead sent another lens after receiving the return. At this point I said "I dont give a sh** what you mailed out give me my refund".They did issue a refund and I was glad the situation was over. They told me they were going to contact UPS to cancel the shipment, yet UPS dropped off the lens to me last week. I get a email from them earlier this week wanting me to drop off the package at UPS or call them and arrange to have it picked up.

The whole transaction was a total PITA and cost me over 4 hrs of my time.

My 2 cents
Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. I would have been freaking out.

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
Three purchases, no issues.
No reason to claim on warranty thus far.
Good to hear and thanks

I actually want to thank all of you for your help and taking the time to respond.

Last edited by OrenMc; 01-15-2011 at 06:28 PM.
01-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Bought DA*300, DA70, DA15 from them on 3 different occasions, never had an issue. Prompt delivery good service.
01-15-2011, 06:21 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Roger +

I may be calling them tomorrow to verify stock, warrrenty and ordering. $1399 is a pretty good savings.

Last edited by OrenMc; 01-15-2011 at 06:31 PM.
01-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #13
Site Supporter

Ordered mine on Sunday Jan 9th and received it on Jan 15th. Great service. Great price. Great camera.
01-22-2011, 07:08 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Gary,
I called the other day and was unable to talk to anyone. Just got an ansering service for Prodigital and 1-2-3 easyship??

Glad to heard you had a good experience. This stain issue is making me crazy though so I have been setting on my hands. Anyway, I was just wondering if you purchased through ebay or how you ordered?
Thanks
01-22-2011, 10:21 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Beware... not because of their service though. I bought 100mm WR from them, and my credit card company (citi) charge me 'international transaction fee' which offset the 'deal' to buy from them (even the item is listed in ebay US). If your CC does not do that, I think is fine. I got my with the Mark 8 yrs warranty.

Lee