Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2011, 06:46 AM   #16
Veteran Member

I had a very similar incident with a past camera purchase through Amazon. The actuation count was over 450 clicks (used PhotoMe) and made me wonder just a bit. I contacted Amazon with a simple inquiry and they were very apologetic and reassuring, nonetheless offered me a complete replacement to be shipped or a discount to be deducted from the price I paid. I was quite pleased with their response and at the end of the day, I was very satisfied with the customer service and offers they made to rectify the worry.

Jason

01-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #17

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Just received the replacement from Amazon. This one is clearly still in the original packaging.. unopened.

Alas the serial is a bit older that the one I will be returning... 3909xxx vs. 3965xxx

Hopefully not sensor stains will appear over time...
01-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #18

Original Poster
LOL! While repacking the camera (and comparing it to the newly packaged one) I noticed several things which further reinforced that this camera was NOT new....

However, the red herring was the receipt from amazon that the original customer had put in the box!!! lol... That would have shortened the discussion with the customer service desk...

Oh, and a bad with a piece of the lens hood from the 200mm lens they bought!

Last edited by Javaslinger; 01-20-2011 at 10:14 AM.
01-20-2011, 02:12 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Javaslinger Quote
Is it possible the Pentax checked them before sending them to retailers?
If you mean Pentax USA, the answer is NO. The cameras are shipped directly from the factory to the stores, without passing via Pentax USA. This cuts costs and decreases wait times for stores to receive units.

01-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #20
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
LOL! While repacking the camera (and comparing it to the newly packaged one) I noticed several things which further reinforced that this camera was NOT new....

However, the red herring was the receipt from amazon that the original customer had put in the box!!! lol... That would have shortened the discussion with the customer service desk...

As if you needed more proof.

Enjoy the new camera

01-21-2011, 12:03 AM   #21
Inactive Account

Itse keskityn kuvaamiseen, en anna canon miesten sotkea ajatuksia ja Pentax mainetta. Jos tullee joskus vikaa kameraan vien sen huoltoon tai vaihdan uuteen. iPentax K-5 on toiminut hyvin, vikoja 0.

Last edited by 30v iPentax; 01-21-2011 at 12:12 AM.
01-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #22

I bought a k7 & k-x a year ago at about the same time from Amazon. I received an email about a month later asking me if I wanted to buy a 'used equipment warranty'. I contacted Amazon stating I purchased new equipment and asked them which of the cameras they sent me was used. They told me that email was sent automatically for all purchases and my cameras were new. It's odd that I never received an email like that with other purchases, but both looked new so I let it go. Guess you have to be careful...