Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
I just put Don in my ignore list , that 2 for today
How nice for you. Welcome to mine.

02-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #137

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Scottie137 Quote
........I can't complain about Pentax service, UPS on the other hand...
There is a reason they are called UPS, if you say it phonetically it sounds like oops. So when you do a trace with UPS, the result is usually OOPS, we lost it, or OOPS we broke it
02-08-2011, 04:47 AM   #138

QuoteOriginally posted by aragondina Quote
There is a reason they are called UPS, if you say it phonetically it sounds like oops. So when you do a trace with UPS, the result is usually OOPS, we lost it, or OOPS we broke it
The thing that is most frustrating is that UPS apparently needs at least 8 days to do their "trace". If they actually do find it after that, that will mean an extra 15 days of time prior to it arriving at the repair center...
02-08-2011, 06:47 AM   #139
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
W Springfield, MA, United States 02/08/2011 7:52 A.M. Out For Delivery !!

If it does land in my hands today that would be a 26 day turn around time.

Last edited by vievetrick; 02-08-2011 at 07:00 AM.
02-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #140
Inactive Account

I just got word back from CRIS that they are awaiting a replacement for mine. They give the typical estimate turnaround time of 2-4 weeks depending on Pentax. I'm hoping by the end of February.

02-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #141

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
He separated the Wheat from the chaff and just left an empty Field.

My apology Wheatfield, I just couldn't resist!
Regards
Apparently you missed his post. Wheatfield has left the forum (and I for one am sorry he did). So I guess you're free to run amok.

Last edited by Tom S.; 02-08-2011 at 09:26 AM.
02-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #142

QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
Well, the FedEx truck delivered my replacement K5d off this morning

I had to wet clean the sensor several times as it was dirtier than the floor of the dirtiest brothel in Calcutta, but once I managed to clean it, it would appear to be spotless. The dirty sensor looked like a botched wet cleaning (been there, done that!)

The only thing that worries me a little is that it's a pretty early S/N so I hope it doesn't develop stains with time. Hopefully it's a pre-stain batch.

S/N 3820888
Production: 2010-12-23
Shutter count: 3
Firmware: 1.02.21.10

They sent a body with cap back in my box, not a full kit like Pentax USA... a spare battery and strap WOULD have been a nice gesture to compensate the $50 it cost me in shipping but oh well!!!

Pat
Pat, that is just plain wrong on the part of Pentax! If the US is replacing them, Canada (and everywhere else) should be too. If I were you, I'd be inclined to contact them and ask what the heck was going on.
02-08-2011, 09:22 AM   #143
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
I had to wet clean the sensor several times as it was dirtier than the floor of the dirtiest brothel in Calcutta, but once I managed to clean it, it would appear to be spotless. The dirty sensor looked like a botched wet cleaning (been there, done that!)

The only thing that worries me a little is that it's a pretty early S/N..............

Pat
It worries me a little that you are that familiar with Calcutta brothels.

02-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #144

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
I just got word back from CRIS that they are awaiting a replacement for mine. They give the typical estimate turnaround time of 2-4 weeks depending on Pentax. I'm hoping by the end of February.

Someone (sorry I don't remember who) posted that they typically get their shipment of bodies on Tuesdays and then replace the returns in the order in which they were received, so you might want to check next Wednesday and see if yours is listed as having been shipped.
02-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #145
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Apparently you missed his post. Wheatfield has left the forum (and I for one am sorry he did). So I guess you're free to run amok.
Wheatfield Bailed?

Someone (sorry I don't remember who) posted that they typically get their shipment of bodies on Tuesdays and then replace the returns in the order in which they were received, so you might want to check next Wednesday and see if yours is listed as having been shipped.
Good to know. I knew it was first in first out, wouldn't expect to have it any other way (though I personally think I should be given preferential treatment ).. I'll be keeping track of it.

02-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #146
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My NEW in box with all the bells and whistles is here in the office. Of course at work so can't play much but will share photos and more details later tonight.
02-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #147

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
My NEW in box with all the bells and whistles is here in the office. Of course at work so can't play much but will share photos and more details later tonight.
Remember that if you sneak into the bathroom stall to test your camera for sensor stains, and you get caught doing it, it will be real hard to explain.
02-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #148

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Wheatfield Bailed?
Yes, he posted last week that he was tired of the things going on in respect to some of the posts being made, but now that post seems to have disappeared. Maybe he changed his mind.
02-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #149
Inactive Account

Yes, he posted last week that he was tired of the things going on in respect to some of the posts being made, but now that post seems to have disappeared. Maybe he changed his mind.
I see. I'll make one last post on this subject and go back to patiently waiting for my K5. The parties involved have been going at it back and fourth for at least as long as I've been here and probably longer. Comments made in these K5 threads were pretty mild compared to some of what I've seen. If they were enough to drive off one or the others or all, I would be quite surprised.

K5 wait (to put it back on topic) 8 days and counting from ship date.....................................................................

02-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #150
Site Supporter

Mine just checked into the Illinois depot this morning, scheduled for Friday delivery.