Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #106
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 7,411
My stain, btw (with considerable sharpening/clarity applied in ACR), at 100%+:



Barely visible even at f/32, but I'm still going to get it fixed, if only for the sake of resale value.

02-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #107
Site Supporter
GregK8's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Western New York
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 613
I was feeling left out since several other of you already got tracking numbers, but they just posted mine, so hopefully I'll be in business next weekend.

Last edited by GregK8; 02-04-2011 at 09:38 PM.
02-04-2011, 06:19 PM   #108
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Photos: Albums
Posts: 157
I took mine to the local UPS store Tuesday, unfortunately, when I put in my tracking number it tells me it hasn't been picked up from that location yet. Called the store and they indicated it HAD been picked up. They said they were having problems with the internal tracking system for UPS and asked that I call back Monday for a more detailed update. Sigh....
02-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #109
Banned




Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Williston, VT
Posts: 268
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
but I'm still going to get it fixed, if only for the sake of resale value.
What the heck are you talking about? Why not cultivate those babies and watch them GROW GROW GROW! Some day they might develop into helpful gnomes that do maintenance inside the camera and keep it in top running condition for all of eternity. Then when you sell your camera, you can claim that you're including a colony of maintenance gnomes for a reasonable extra cost. The presence of those stains ensures that the colony of gnomes is steadily reproducing to replace the aging gnomes who die in their duty and whose desiccated cadavers fall out of your camera when you remove the battery and SD card.

02-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #110
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Fredericton New Brunswick Canada
Photos: Albums
Posts: 332
QuoteOriginally posted by Hound Tooth Quote
What the heck are you talking about? Why not cultivate those babies and watch them GROW GROW GROW! Some day they might develop into helpful gnomes that do maintenance inside the camera and keep it in top running condition for all of eternity. Then when you sell your camera, you can claim that you're including a colony of maintenance gnomes for a reasonable extra cost. The presence of those stains ensures that the colony of gnomes is steadily reproducing to replace the aging gnomes who die in their duty and whose desiccated cadavers fall out of your camera when you remove the battery and SD card.
Oh, dear.
02-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #111
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 7,411
QuoteOriginally posted by Hound Tooth Quote
What the heck are you talking about? Why not cultivate those babies and watch them GROW GROW GROW! Some day they might develop into helpful gnomes that do maintenance inside the camera and keep it in top running condition for all of eternity. Then when you sell your camera, you can claim that you're including a colony of maintenance gnomes for a reasonable extra cost. The presence of those stains ensures that the colony of gnomes is steadily reproducing to replace the aging gnomes who die in their duty and whose desiccated cadavers fall out of your camera when you remove the battery and SD card.
I like the way your mind works.
02-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #112
Pentaxian
Wheatfield's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The wheatfields of Canada
Posts: 10,042
QuoteOriginally posted by snofox Quote
Oh, dear.
I don't remember being that bitter when I was 14.
02-05-2011, 12:57 AM   #113
Banned




Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Williston, VT
Posts: 268
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I don't remember being that bitter when I was 14.
Not surprising at your age. I bet there's a lot you don't remember.

...what was Jesus really like?


Last edited by Hound Tooth; 02-05-2011 at 01:20 AM.
02-05-2011, 04:22 AM   #114
Veteran Member
ve2vfd's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,433
QuoteOriginally posted by jrforman Quote
Received my replacement camera from AZ (CHRIS) today. They received it 1/25 - about 1 1/2 week turnaround on their part.
1 weeks turn around??? I am unbelievably jealous of the great service you're getting from Pentax USA...

It's been over a month and I am still waiting to get a camera back from Pentax Canada AND I had to pay for shipping to them. Add to that knowing they've been supplying store stock during that month... Talk about SH*TTY service!

If I ever get my camera back I'll be sure to write to the CEO of Pentax Canada's Imaging Division, with a CC to Japan to let them know how unsatisfied I am.

Pat
02-05-2011, 07:49 AM   #115
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Photos: Albums
Posts: 157
Anyone know if Pentax provides insurance when they provide the shipping, or what the they are stating the declared contents value is? I will ask the UPS store I dropped it off at on Monday, but there is still nothing showing up for the tracking info and the store is adamant that it was picked up from them on Tuesday. Little concerned now...
02-05-2011, 08:02 AM   #116
Loyal Site Supporter
Tom S.'s Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: S.E. Michigan
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,238
QuoteOriginally posted by Hound Tooth Quote
Not surprising at your age. I bet there's a lot you don't remember.

...what was Jesus really like?
He's a great guy and loves Pentax.
02-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #117
Senior Member
jrforman's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Minneapolis
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 202
QuoteOriginally posted by Scottie137 Quote
Anyone know if Pentax provides insurance when they provide the shipping, or what the they are stating the declared contents value is? I will ask the UPS store I dropped it off at on Monday, but there is still nothing showing up for the tracking info and the store is adamant that it was picked up from them on Tuesday. Little concerned now...
Mine didn't show up on scan until it hit the next point in the UPS tracking. This isn't too unusual. I have had packages not show up until they were at the destination. Although I must admit I was nervous until it hit the system tracking. Give it until it should have been delivered.

I don't know about insurance. I have a separate policy for my camera equipment that covered it.

Last edited by jrforman; 02-05-2011 at 08:58 AM. Reason: expansion
02-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #118
Pentaxian
Wheatfield's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The wheatfields of Canada
Posts: 10,042
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
He's a great guy and loves Pentax.
He loved Takumars, that's for sure.
02-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #119
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Photos: Albums
Posts: 157
QuoteOriginally posted by jrforman Quote
Mine didn't show up on scan until it hit the next point in the UPS tracking. This isn't too unusual. I have had packages not show up until they were at the destination. Although I must admit I was nervous until it hit the system tracking. Give it until it should have been delivered.

I don't know about insurance. I have a separate policy for my camera equipment that covered it.
I have my camera insured also, but would hate to invoke that if a company (UPS) simply loses it. Apparently, the shipper (in this case Pentax Service) declares a value for the contents and would be reimbursed for the declared value should UPS actually lose the item. Anyways, I have had experiences where nothing was in the system for several days as well. It just concerned me that when I called the store to find out what was up, they were a little surprised as well....thanks for the reply/reassurance.
02-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #120
Veteran Member
vievetrick's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Easthampton - Massachusetts - USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,175
Original Poster
Well, my K5 is in Kentucky as of last night!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
address, camera, dslr, email, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, label, pentax, pentax k-5, sensor
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:22 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top