Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-07-2011, 07:52 AM   #121
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hope it has moved a little. It has been sitting there since Saturday. Maybe they have just not updated it. Last check showed this

Louisville, KY, United States 02/05/2011 1:49 A.M. Arrival Scan

02-07-2011, 08:01 AM   #122
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Hound Tooth Quote
Not surprising at your age. I bet there's a lot you don't remember.

...what was Jesus really like?

He separated the Wheat from the chaff and just left an empty Field.

My apology Wheatfield, I just couldn't resist!
Regards
02-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #123

Photos: Albums
So I checked UPS again today, still no shipping info. The store had me call UPS, which directed me back to Pentax since Pentax was UPSs actual customer. Talked to a Mr. Mark Davis who indicated this is the second incidence of this in the last seven days, and that UPS was possibly blaming it on the snow (I am in Georgia and we had no inclement weather at all last week). Anyways, sent him a pdf of my shipping receipt and they will initiate the tracing investigation with UPS. Long story short, they indicated if they don't find my camera, a new one will be shipped to me, so I can't complain about Pentax service, UPS on the other hand...
02-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #124
Veteran Member

Well, the FedEx truck delivered my replacement K5d off this morning

I had to wet clean the sensor several times as it was dirtier than the floor of the dirtiest brothel in Calcutta, but once I managed to clean it, it would appear to be spotless. The dirty sensor looked like a botched wet cleaning (been there, done that!)

The only thing that worries me a little is that it's a pretty early S/N so I hope it doesn't develop stains with time. Hopefully it's a pre-stain batch.

S/N 3820888
Production: 2010-12-23
Shutter count: 3
Firmware: 1.02.21.10

They sent a body with cap back in my box, not a full kit like Pentax USA... a spare battery and strap WOULD have been a nice gesture to compensate the $50 it cost me in shipping but oh well!!!

Pat

02-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #125
Veteran Member

Look like they repair it. First time we see it
02-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #126
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote

I had to wet clean the sensor several times as it was dirtier than the floor of the dirtiest brothel in Calcutta, but once I managed to clean it, it would appear to be spotless. The dirty sensor looked like a botched wet cleaning (been there, done that!)

The only thing that worries me a little is that it's a pretty early S/N so I hope it doesn't develop stains with time. Hopefully it's a pre-stain batch.

S/N 3820888

They sent a body with cap back in my box, not a full kit like Pentax USA... a spare battery and strap WOULD have been a nice gesture to compensate the $50 it cost me in shipping but oh well!!!

Pat

Good news it is back but I would be pretty annoyed if when I get mine back I had to cleane the sensor again. I am not a whiner in general but it really sounds like Pentax Canada is not doing it's part to keep the customers happy. Look forward to seeing some shots soon and still waiting for mine to leave Kentucky.
02-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #127
Veteran Member

S/N 3820888

Pat
early serial..yet quite a late build date...seems Odd?

it would have been nice if you had received a full retail Kit....Pentax Canada don't sound like they have a clue...did you ring them about the dirty sensor ?

02-07-2011, 02:32 PM   #128
Veteran Member

Wow, that is very bad. I would be extremely ticked-off, especially since I have never wet-cleaned a sensor.

QuoteQuote:
If my calculations are correct, 2010-12-23 is during week 51, so hopefully you'll be ok (Pentax has indicated that cameras built up to week 49 were potentially affected).
02-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #129
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
Wow, that is very bad. I would be extremely ticked-off, especially since I have never wet-cleaned a sensor.

If my calculations are correct, 2010-12-23 is during week 51, so hopefully you'll be ok (Pentax has indicated that cameras built up to week 49 were potentially affected).
Question: Did your K-5 come in the color lemon yellow? Just curious.
02-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #130
Veteran Member

it was dirtier than the floor of the dirtiest brothel in Calcutta,
Pat
tell, how do you know?
02-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #131
Veteran Member

S/N 3820888

Pat
Pat, I think we're being too tolerant... I'm hoping to get mine during next two weeks... But I won't accept the camera if there will be more dirt in it then before it went in the service.... At some point enough is enough...
02-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #132
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by donallison13 Quote
Question: Did your K-5 come in the color lemon yellow? Just curious.
For God's sake Don, give it a break. You still don't have the camera and your posts are repetitive, tedious - and unfunny.
02-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #133

S/N 3820888

Pat
Damn! That's what I did not want to hear! They did a sensor replacement - so now we have to see if they're capable of accomplishing as precise a job as the factory - and they gave you someone else's camera! (aka refurb) My serial number was higher than that - weird - I got mine in early November. s/n 3824***. Mfg date 2010:10:07

Well, mine should be along in a day or 2 then. I was hoping for a full kit too - as a bit of a gesture from Pentax. But, I won't be doing any wet-cleaning. If the blower doesn't do the trick - back to Pentax.

Last edited by JayBee; 02-07-2011 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Added manufacture date
02-07-2011, 07:30 PM   #134
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just checked again camera now in Ct. at hub most come in for delivery for our area. I should have it tomorrow
02-07-2011, 07:46 PM   #135
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jthommo Quote
Quote Originally posted by donallison13 Quote Question: Did your K-5 come in the color lemon yellow? Just curious.
I just put Don in my ignore list , that 2 for today