Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #166

Photos: Gallery
What was the best test method for stains? I cannot find that post at the moment.

02-10-2011, 06:45 AM   #167
Veteran Member

Original Poster
KansasHorizons - Take you camera outside during the day and take some pictures on the blue sky starting at F8 and work your way down to F22 - look at them on your computer and if they are there you should see them pretty easily.
02-10-2011, 07:11 AM - 1 Like   #168
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KansasHorizons.com Quote
What was the best test method for stains? I cannot find that post at the moment.
Try this. Type "check k-5 sensor" in the search box on the upper right and hit enter. I'm pretty sure the 1st item in the search results will help you.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound so snarky, but it's not that hard people
02-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #169
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Yours is probably in the same lot as mine. Send CRIS an email through their contact page to get your ball rolling. I don't know how, and didn't give them the chance, on the ball they are with making first contact. They say it takes 24 hours to put it into the system.

Yeah...good call Jeff. I waited until today...they made no effort to reach out so I sent a msg in through their contact form. They got back to me surprisingly quick though...with my customer number and work order number. She told me they are waiting for a replacement and the time frame is 2-4 weeks depending on the available stock

02-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #170
Inactive Account

That's exactly the same answer, word for word, that I got from them (Stacie). By now, I'm sure it's in a text file or something like that ready to fire off with each inquiry. Changing the work and customer numbers.

They said my camera was 'dusty' in their condition section. They noted no card, battery, said something about the strap connectors, noted the body cap I sent on the camera was black (or that the Camera is black, not sure which). When I had the camera here, I had the O-ME53 eye piece on the camera, took it off before packing it, and sent the camera without an eye piece. The original is buried deep in the storage boxes so I didn't fish it out. They noted the color of the body cap and that it has strap connectors (the original ones I assume) and even noted I have one of those peel and stick screen protectors but, failed to note the missing eye piece. Not that it really matters though. If they Fixed my camera and sent it back, the eye piece is here. If they replace it, I'll have an extra one.

02-11-2011, 12:57 AM   #171
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PhilippeG Quote
So I'm filling the contact form again, I guess I'll have to sent the camera again. I'm actually pretty pissed. It took a month for a camera exchange, not even repair. How long will I have to wait again?
I wonder if K-5 with sensor stains could be exchanged between the Pentax branches and do not reach to the Pentax Hoya!
02-11-2011, 06:18 AM   #172
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

w00t!!

02/11/2011 5:11 A.M. Out For Delivery

02-11-2011, 09:26 AM   #173
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MariusCTM Quote
I wonder if K-5 with sensor stains could be exchanged between the Pentax branches and do not reach to the Pentax Hoya!
That reminds me of the joke about Hitler giving a pep talk to his troops at the Battle for Stalingrad:
Gentlemen, good news! Today you all get to change underwear. Fritz, you change with Klaus. Dieter, you change with Georg. Franz, ......................
02-11-2011, 09:33 AM   #174
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

... fwiw.... that's why when i buy.. hopefully very, very soon, i'll go to b+h, i have full confidence they don't use the revolving door methodology of return item resale(ing)..... may be a dollar or two more... but worth every penny of it..... dave m
02-11-2011, 09:38 AM   #175
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by GregK8 Quote
w00t!!

02/11/2011 5:11 A.M. Out For Delivery
Showoff

What was the turnaround? I'm trying to get a real feel for how long I'll be waiting.

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
That reminds me of the joke about Hitler giving a pep talk to his troops at the Battle for Stalingrad:
Gentlemen, good news! Today you all get to change underwear. Fritz, you change with Klaus. Dieter, you change with Georg. Franz, ......................

Now, I don't think those are the kinds of stains we are dealing with here

02-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #176
Veteran Member

Mine's also out for delivery... to CRIS.
02-11-2011, 10:17 AM   #177
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Showoff

What was the turnaround? I'm trying to get a real feel for how long I'll be waiting.

Now, I don't think those are the kinds of stains we are dealing with here

They received mine on 1-20, and I got it back 2-9. From what I understand, they receive their shipment of replacement bodies on Tuesdays and replace 'first come, first served'. So it looks as if they didn't get enough bodies to replace mine the first Tuesday they had it and I had to wait until the next batch. Also, just because they may get the bodies on Tuesday doesn't mean they get shipped back out the same day. Mine wasn't shipped until Thursday.
02-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #178

Photos: Albums
CRIS should be receiving mine today as well. Pentax was able to get UPS to track my camera down. I'll check their online status board on Monday. Hopefully it will be back before my trip to California in March...
02-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #179
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I shipped it on 1-20 and they received it on 1-27. I got it back today. A total of 22 days. I am also in a 5 day zone from CRIS with UPS, so of the 22 days, 10 were on a truck.
02-11-2011, 01:52 PM   #180
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Great news Greg. I am so happy to have mine back I must say. Used last night low light no flash with the FA 50 MM and so happy.

ISO 1250