Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #256
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I haven't been following this thread too closely, but I was surprised today when I spoke to Pentax Canada that my K5 had is on vacation in Japan as we speak...three weeks and counting. I've got my k10d as a backup, but I have some video projects I'd like to do before the snow melts, so fingers crossed it's coming home soon.

03-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #257

Photos: Albums
So did anyone get a shipping number this week? I was hoping for one based on other stated wait times, but mine is still "pending review for replacement." I wonder if Pentax is having a hard time dealing with all of the warranty orders and new purchases now?
03-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #258

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dropped my k5 at the store today (along with my 50-135 for bf/ff calibration check) for repair and hopefully replacement if it's still really under warranty (but it needs repair because I broke the flash "clip" thingy).

back to the k200d and wr kit lens for a while.

I do not expect news for a couple of weeks at least.

M.
03-08-2011, 06:49 AM   #259

QuoteOriginally posted by d.bradley Quote
I haven't been following this thread too closely, but I was surprised today when I spoke to Pentax Canada that my K5 had is on vacation in Japan as we speak...three weeks and counting. I've got my k10d as a backup, but I have some video projects I'd like to do before the snow melts, so fingers crossed it's coming home soon.
Yep... brought my K-5 to Pentax Canada on February 7th for repair related to the stained sensor. Although they assured me the only 2 possible outcomes would be that either they fix it locally or replace it; I learned last week that my K5 was on its way to Japan for repair... They also initially assured me that this would be a max. turnaround time of 10-15 days. Credibility => 0

Gene

Forgot to metion, they can't even tell me when it will be back....

03-08-2011, 07:02 AM   #260
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

just curious as to why the k-5's mentioned here (canadian purchases) are being sent to japan for repair.... aren't there authorized pentax facilities in canada? cris in arizona seems to be the next logical venue..... sorry, perhaps the logic of pentax hoya escapes dolts like myself....
03-08-2011, 07:16 AM   #261

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
just curious as to why the k-5's mentioned here (canadian purchases) are being sent to japan for repair.... aren't there authorized pentax facilities in canada? cris in arizona seems to be the next logical venue..... sorry, perhaps the logic of pentax hoya escapes dolts like myself....
Yes, Pentax Canada (Mississauga Office) is an authorized Pentax repair facility. They even repaired my DA*50-135 themsleves for faulty SDM once. The repair didn't last very long and it was subsequently replaced for a new one. I understand however that replacing an SDM is probably less involving that replacing a sensor assembly ... I really have no qualms about Pentax Canada sending my K5 to Japan for repair. My problem is why not informing the Client up front of that possibility? Why do I have to learn 3 weeks after the facts that my Cam is being re-directed to Japan? What happened during these 3 weeks? did they even looked at it at all? Will I get my original body back? a new replacement? a refurb? This is basic Customer satisfaction stuff...

Gene
03-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #262

Got a call from CRIS today. My replacement camera is in and will be sent to me. So, sent the 27th of January, UPS lost it for 8 days. Arrived at CRIS on the 11th of Feb, they processed it on the 14th, and was notified of my replacement on the 9th of March. Just under four weeks at CRIS. Will report back when I actually receive the camera.

03-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #263
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Scottie137 Quote
Got a call from CRIS today. My replacement camera is in and will be sent to me. So, sent the 27th of January, UPS lost it for 8 days. Arrived at CRIS on the 11th of Feb, they processed it on the 14th, and was notified of my replacement on the 9th of March. Just under four weeks at CRIS. Will report back when I actually receive the camera.
So with CRIS, as far as timing goes, you're about on track with the rest of us. I sent mine in the first business day of Feb and had it back by the last.

03-09-2011, 05:34 PM   #264
Veteran Member

Me too....finally! I sent mine in 2/1, they logged it 2/8...and finally I have it on it's way back. So hopefully early next week the replacement will be in my hands.
03-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #265
Inactive Account

Tuleeko enään K-5 vai miten on Pentax tehdas viellä pystyssä.
03-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #266
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 30v iPentax Quote
Tuleeko enään K-5 vai miten on Pentax tehdas viellä pystyssä.
Good question! Canon is reporting: No damage to facilities or big injuries (whatever big inuries may be).
03-12-2011, 08:56 AM   #267

So something interesting on may K5 replacement. There were definite scuff marks around the mounting ring, I don't know if this is from the CRIS testing the replacement or if they are shipping refurbed bodies now. The camera has a new serial number and the camera was set to 0 on the photo count, I did receive the complete kit as other have, box, all the accessories, etc. I just found it odd that there were scuff marks (not bad, but there) if it was truly a brand new camera.
03-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #268
Veteran Member

I just got back my K5 from Pentax Canada. Packing slip says it had the sensor replaced, and the serial no. is the same, so it's clearly not a replacement body.

It did take some time, and they're a little disorganized, but they did the work and were at least pleasant to deal with. I'm not too thrilled that I had to send it in in the first place, but I will neither criticize or sing praise about pentax and their warranty/customer support.

The camera, is however, well worth the troubles.
03-12-2011, 07:36 PM   #269
Inactive Account

So something interesting on may K5 replacement. There were definite scuff marks around the mounting ring, I don't know if this is from the CRIS testing the replacement or if they are shipping refurbed bodies now. The camera has a new serial number and the camera was set to 0 on the photo count, I did receive the complete kit as other have, box, all the accessories, etc. I just found it odd that there were scuff marks (not bad, but there) if it was truly a brand new camera.
What is the manufacturer date? Does the serial number tag on the box have a little grey circle on it?

03-12-2011, 09:18 PM   #270

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
What is the manufacturer date? Does the serial number tag on the box have a little grey circle on it?

No grey circle. How do I find the manufacture date?